Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petr
Every night my porch light has a few wasps buzzing around it. I thought these assholes were supposed to chill out at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

They're pretty dumb. Maybe they think your porch light is the sun.

Petr
The really awful thing is that, in the bright porch light, you can see when then poo poo. Wasps poo poo a LOT, all over the place, just flying and making GBS threads.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
white anglo saxon protestants

flying and making GBS threads

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Get a bug zapper light and pretend the wasps are enemy drones that your automated defenses "take care of"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Petr
That's pretty fuckin brutal. I don't want to kill them. Just, you know, send them a message.

And toilet train them.

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
OH! My bad, I misunderstood your message. They respond well to UV light, so you could set up a Close Encounters of the Third Kind light board to communicate with them using varying patterns of UV light. They will of course return your communications efforts with nasty, painful stings but if you pay close enough attention you should be able to ascertain some sort of rudimentary language. Or a buncha painful swelling. Or maybe both!

They might even poop on your arm in gratitude for not punishing them for being a wasp.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Here is my true story of wasps.
I used to live in a place with apple trees in the back garden. More apples than anyone would eat, so some would inevitably end up on the ground and rotting.
Wasps love getting drunk on rotting apples. Then they would come into the kitchen.
Once in the kitchen they would spend hours headbutting the insides of the windows, acting like they can't find their way out.
But I discovered, if you smack these wasps in their stupid faces hard enough that they crash into the ground, but not so hard that they die, every single loving time their next action is to immediately fly out through the open door.
They know the way out. They're just headbutting windows to be assholes.

Baller Ina

:whattheeucharist:
Life, ah...finds a way, op

----------------

Petr
God dammit, they're back tonight. I can't hang out on my own porch at night because I'm scared of getting stung and/or shat on

----------------

lumpanoodle

Petr posted:

That's pretty fuckin brutal. I don't want to kill them. Just, you know, send them a message.

And toilet train them.

whats more valuable here, Petr, your well being and peace of mind, or sustaining the lives of these wasps who give you nothing in life but misery and prospects of pain?

the answer lie in your heart, you know it just as well as i what you must do.

you must make an example for these wasps, you must engage in one-on-one physical combat with the queen of the wasps and brutally slaughter her. you must take the ruined remains of her body and smear them all over you. you must plant the head of the queen on a stake and place it directly in front of the wasp's nest.

this can be the only way which you'll win your freedom back.

Petr
It's cool, I talked to them and they're pretty chill.

----------------

deep dish peat moss

You can kill wasps by spraying them with soap+water. They must be filthy

Petr

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is why I bathe in Raid

----------------

Keebler Cookout

Drinking is important to my well being.

civilized life is too much for some to bear.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The same goes for goons actually

The Biscuit
Half of everything is luck.

roomforthetuna posted:

Here is my true story of wasps.
I used to live in a place with apple trees in the back garden. More apples than anyone would eat, so some would inevitably end up on the ground and rotting.
Wasps love getting drunk on rotting apples. Then they would come into the kitchen.
Once in the kitchen they would spend hours headbutting the insides of the windows, acting like they can't find their way out.
But I discovered, if you smack these wasps in their stupid faces hard enough that they crash into the ground, but not so hard that they die, every single loving time their next action is to immediately fly out through the open door.
They know the way out. They're just headbutting windows to be assholes.

Wasps knew.

I know bees chill at night, those cunts would annex my house every summer. Had to go zykon b on them to regain access to my house

Petr

The Biscuit posted:

Wasps knew.

I know bees chill at night, those cunts would annex my house every summer. Had to go zykon b on them to regain access to my house

This is actually a really bad idea. Not only are bee populations dwindling, but it's bad for your house. Dead hives attract roaches and mice. You should just call a beekeeper to extract the hive.

----------------

precision

by VideoGames
because the artisnal wine bar doesn't open until 8pm op

----------------

The Biscuit
Half of everything is luck.

Petr posted:

This is actually a really bad idea. Not only are bee populations dwindling, but it's bad for your house. Dead hives attract roaches and mice. You should just call a beekeeper to extract the hive.

Unfortunately we have way more bee invasions than apiarists. I don't want to have a swarm hanging out in my house for a month. The Council comes out next-day.

Manifisto

precision posted:

because the artisnal wine bar doesn't open until 8pm op

ty nesamdoom!

treasure bear

beekeepers sometimes like to catch swarms and put them in a new box house where they can hang out and theres a pool

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Look, some wasps want to be quote unquote good wasps and stay at home. But some wasps want to get out and really live. You wake up, you're two weeks old, your life is half over and you have a choice: do something or turn into your hive mother.

fuck. marry. t-rex

wasps go out at night to find witches, the northeast USA is really dangerous because of it

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
wasps seeking witches with bees in their britches
flees wearing fleeces painted with peaches
these are a few of my favorite things

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
the wasps come out at night from yelling at store managers and their kids all day so they need to find young guys at night to prey on to relieve how waspy they are

Slugnoid

wasps love sugar btw. remove all the sugar from your porch and youll be okay

Manifisto

Slugnoid posted:

wasps love sugar btw. remove all the sugar from your porch and youll be okay

also stop giving them coffee, I bet that's what is keeping them up

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Manifisto posted:

also stop giving them coffee, I bet that's what is keeping them up

I got my wasps switched onto a decaf tea. I told them it is purified Orange Pekoe, which is technically true but it's really just Red Diamond Decaf that I dumped into a metal cookie tin.

Petr
In my experience, most wasps like meat more than sugar. A hive will gently caress UP a hot dog.

Then poo poo it everywhere.

----------------

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
The sun never sets on the British Empire.

Darkman Fanpage
wasp are just single ladies trying to get an education at night school while holding down a full time job during the day and taking care of their larvas

Manifisto

Darkman Fanpage posted:

wasp are just single ladies trying to get an education at night school while holding down a full time job during the day and taking care of their larvas

Pygmalion wasp has charmingly naive designs to enter bee society

the bees are encouraging to her face but when her back is turned they titter and snicker

however, I, henry wasp higgins, will teach this plucky insect the nuances of honeybee social intercourse

step 1: we "gather nectar from" the flowers, we do not "gently caress" them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision

by VideoGames
sugar

ah honey honey

you are my candy girl

and you got me huh huh huh huh huh huh sugar

SOMEONE GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD

----------------

• Locked thread