Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiningen_Versus_the_Ants

i misremembered the ending but th rest is the same and still fuckin rules

I like that the mail order bride angle is a new addition for the film adaptation and it takes up 2/3rds of the running time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

In Training posted:

Also the only time you see the ants is when Heston looks through binoculars and they show stock footage of ants with binocular rims framing the footage and he exclaims Dear God! They'll be here in 3 days!

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

In the second scene Eleanor Parker is smiling and laughing with a little native boy and the boat handler says "You like? Take him with you! Is no problem!" And she says "Thank you!" and now he's her son.

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

all these Sandra Dee movies today are about men uncontrollably lusting or forcing themselves on her played for laughs. it's really weird

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

John Wayne today, with lots of stone cold classics on the schedule. Also I forgot to post about but I watched Kitty Foyle last night and it was a drat fine melodrama that was only brought down in the last act by some inelegant censorship...gently caress off Hayes!! Stop turning abortions into miscarriages, it results in completely different emotional responses!!!! Thankfully my pal Ben Mankiewicz let me know the original structure after the movie ended

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cary grant today, killer selection all day. I'm going to sit in front of my tv from 6pm to midnight (usually sit in front of my computer during this time period)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Suspicion is on right now and thats one of my fave hitchocks. Grant's performance in particular really makes that movie

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Philadelphia story is starting. This was one of my sisters favorite movies growing up and I had to watch it a lot with her when she got to the tv after school before I could turn my GameCube on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao I didn't remember the opening scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukZDbYWVybs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Katherine Hepburn's horny uncle who spends the whole movie goosing women ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

staff picks reboot https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833280

• Locked thread