Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Hey tumblers, this a a real life account from me, krampster2:
So today I walk into JB Hi-Fi (tech store in Australia), just going about my business and trying to enjoy my drat day. Then this older lady spots my youth and instantly walks over and starts saying that she knows I don't work there but if I could help her with her iPhone problems. I said to this old hag, 'what the frickin' heck lady!? Do I look like free tech support to you??' And stormed out of the building.

These older folk, these absolute menaces to society just hang around in tech stores with their broken appliances just waiting for innocent youths to walk in so they can accost them and force them into working for free. I won't stand for it! Fix your own poo poo or pay for it like every other hard-working citizen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Joke's on you youngster I grew up without touchscreens and developed fine motor control.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What's Australia?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I also went to jb hifi today but nobody acknowledged my existence at all. Not even the staff.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Baby boomer death camps.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Moon Atari posted:

I also went to jb hifi today but nobody acknowledged my existence at all. Not even the staff.

Are you a ghost?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Moon Atari posted:

the staff at jb hifi are actually rad and cool dudes/ladies. they let them all wear whatever clothes they want and they all seem very chill

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Are you a ghost?

It's possible. I just saw A Ghost Story and it did feel oddly relevant to me. But they turned the projection off half way through and i had to tell them to turn it back on because I was the only one in the cinema. I don't think they would have turned it back on for me if I was really a ghost.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Moon Atari posted:

It's possible. I just saw A Ghost Story and it did feel oddly relevant to me. But they turned the projection off half way through and i had to tell them to turn it back on because I was the only one in the cinema. I don't think they would have turned it back on for me if I was really a ghost.

i rubbed one out when i saw silence alone in the cinema (something about priests just gets me going). i hope the lord forgives me for committing such an unholy act

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I hate kids. I've said that since I was a kid. Now that I'm older I can do something about it and I intend to...

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Moon Atari posted:

Maybe the guy running the projector is your medium.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

krampster2 posted:

the staff at jb hifi are actually rad and cool dudes/ladies. they let them all wear whatever clothes they want and they all seem very chill

Here's your problem - how is an elderly supposed to be able to tell who's an employee and who isn't if they're all dressed like a slovenly millennial? Someone's grandma just wants her phone fixed so she gathers her things for a trip into the Big City and when she gets to the store everyone's slouching around and sucking on e-cigs and when she asks one of them for help he's all "Oy, do I fookin' look like a wanker 'oo 'orks fer a shilling?!" or whatever

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Put your number in the phone and tell her to call you. gently caress the old lady, idiot.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP disrespected one of the colony's elders.Throw the wretch in gaol for ten years hard labour in irons.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zahgaegun posted:

Here's your problem - how is an elderly supposed to be able to tell who's an employee and who isn't if they're all dressed like a slovenly millennial? Someone's grandma just wants her phone fixed so she gathers her things for a trip into the Big City and when she gets to the store everyone's slouching around and sucking on e-cigs and when she asks one of them for help he's all "Oy, do I fookin' look like a wanker 'oo 'orks fer a shilling?!" or whatever

The gigantic yellow lanyards generally.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Shorts are comfy and easy to wear

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So back in the day my town used to do a weekly car show during the summer where people would gather up town to see the locals classic cars. Walgreens was right up next to the while hub bub so people would go there all the time to get snacks and drinks.

Soon the elderly store manager decided she was only going to allow one youth into the store at a time. Protests and mini riots started to take place right in front of the store as the militarized police would come in to support this oppression. Eventually some kids got the idea to complain to corporate and got a huge chunk of the highschool to do the same. The store manager was fired and all was right with the world

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Before it closed down about ten years ago, some old woman used to go to the Telstra store in the town I used to live in, and demand that they teach her how to use her cell phone.

That she didn't buy there.

I have to say, she knew her target well, as they were too gutless to kick her out and folded to her demands like wet tissue paper, only bitterly whinging under their breath to my father about it when he went there for something.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i was at the grocery store earlier and a old lady asked me to reach something on the top shelf for her. i was like hey whoa, i'm not a piece of meat ok. i deserve respect

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Hell Yeah posted:

i was at the grocery store earlier and a old lady asked me to reach something on the top shelf for her. i was like hey whoa, i'm not a piece of meat ok. i deserve respect

It happened to me, but I complied because she asked politely, instead of the entitled shriek I'm used to hearing around here.

EDIT: When they do shriek, I respond with a glare and a rhetorical question: "Do I look like a Centrelink worker to you?"

Sic Semper Goon fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 2, 2017

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
take off your goddamn lanyard before you go into a store you dont work at

if i see the lanyard i will ask you where the goddman faggy soap im here to buy is and its embarassing for both of us when you dont know because you dont work there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

did you consider maybe getting a job there rather than freeloading off your parent's supply of smashed avocado?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
you recommend the most expensive thing and introduce yourself to the manager so they can hire you on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sponge Baathist posted:

you recommend the most expensive thing and introduce yourself to the manager so they can hire you on the spot.

sell old people Monster cables

• Locked thread