Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

smiling giraffe posted:

Do you still need this?

Sorry for ghosting the thread! Turns out it was my incredibly lovely OnePlus phone. Either the Android build they were using was awful, or, more likely, the USB port was on its way out from the beginning. Not long after that post, the USB port stopped accepting data, and would only do slow charging.

I ended up buying a Pixel 6 pro, and have never had a single problem with it. It just works.

On an unrelated note, I am looking for an app that will vibrate my phone every x seconds for y number of times. I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to brushing my teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

null_pointer posted:

On an unrelated note, I am looking for an app that will vibrate my phone every x seconds for y number of times. I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to brushing my teeth.

Seconds Pro could definitely do this. Used for interval training and can give alerts at the end of each interval be they spoken or vibration.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

nvrgrls posted:

Thanks. This i what I've been reading. I need basically icecast to push the signal out, but I need a "video source" in the form of, for instane, vlc media player as a server.

oh by the way for those who are curious this is my end result https://mtv.lolfi.com

it's not good lol

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
I used to have this Tampermonkey userscript that lets me highlight multiple words in different colors on a webpage. It was written for Opera 10 probably 15 years ago but I switched to Chrome years ago and put the script in Tampermonkey and it just sort of worked (well enough) until recently. I guess some recent update in Chrome broke it and I'm seeing if someone can fix it/clean it up. I don't know poo poo about programming or javascript so I have no idea how easy/difficult this is.

Basically, by pressing the tilde key (shift + ~) it brings a bar up at the top of the page where I can enter in terms for highlighting.

https://textbin.net/nw1etzvvul

I'd be glad to paypal some $ for this!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

lowcrabdiet posted:

I used to have this Tampermonkey userscript that lets me highlight multiple words in different colors on a webpage. It was written for Opera 10 probably 15 years ago but I switched to Chrome years ago and put the script in Tampermonkey and it just sort of worked (well enough) until recently. I guess some recent update in Chrome broke it and I'm seeing if someone can fix it/clean it up. I don't know poo poo about programming or javascript so I have no idea how easy/difficult this is.

Basically, by pressing the tilde key (shift + ~) it brings a bar up at the top of the page where I can enter in terms for highlighting.

quick google search lead me to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7251-enhanced-word-highlight

You can highlight a word and press (Alt + /) or just press that and start typing a space separated list of words to highlight.

Edit:
I verified you can change the binding to (shift + ~) If you modify line 208 to
code:
var KEY_SEARCH = '~';
But this is more accurately (shift + `) on my keyboard.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 10, 2022

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Chunjee posted:

quick google search lead me to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7251-enhanced-word-highlight

You can highlight a word and press (Alt + /) or just press that and start typing a space separated list of words to highlight.

Edit:
I verified you can change the binding to (shift + ~) If you modify line 208 to
code:
var KEY_SEARCH = '~';
But this is more accurately (shift + `) on my keyboard.

Thanks for taking a look.

I've tried pretty much every other script I could find (including the Enhanced Word Highlight and Text Highlight and Seek on greasyfork) and they either mess up the javascript on the page or crash the browser (Error code: RESULT_CODE_HUNG) on a website I have to use for research.

Many of the highlighting scripts also don't catch multiple word terms if there's a html tag between them. If I want to highlight the term "green block" and the html is <span>green</span> block, then neither script above catches these. Basically I'm hoping it's not a big endeavor to make some modifications to the original script and keep using it

edit: Also, the key to activate the script doesn't matter to me, whether it's ~ or Alt+/
Can paypal $100 just because it makes my life a little easier at work

handle
Jan 20, 2011

Not a permanent solution, but if you add the @unwrap directive into the userscript header, it appears to work again. Looks like the @include directive will be obsolete in early 2023, so you may run into issues then as well.

edit: here's a version with the @unwrap directive that restores the "!" search option bar too. https://textbin.net/2yqy3jmo6d

handle fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 11, 2022

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Humble Request
Problem: I don't know the quickest way to shift from one guitar chord fingering to another.
Description and requirements: There's a JSON DB of guitar chords at https://github.com/tombatossals/chords-db. I'd like to be able to select a chord and fingering, and then select a destination chord. The app should then query the DB and tell me the closest-proximity fingering.
Nice to have features: Specify minimal travel between strings (e.g. keep finger 1 on string 3 if possible), specify minimal travel up or down the neck (e.g. only show chords between frets 1 and 5), actually playing the chord if tapped

Windows or Android, or just regular old web app. I honestly don't know if this is more than tiny, so please do correct me if so.

MJP fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 3, 2023

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I would totally use that.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

MJP posted:

Humble Request
Problem: I don't know the quickest way to shift from one guitar chord fingering to another.
Description and requirements: There's a JSON DB of guitar chords at https://github.com/tombatossals/chords-db. I'd like to be able to select a chord and fingering, and then select a destination chord. The app should then query the DB and tell me the closest-proximity fingering.
Nice to have features: Specify minimal travel between strings (e.g. keep finger 1 on string 3 if possible), specify minimal travel up or down the neck (e.g. only show chords between frets 1 and 5), actually playing the chord if tapped

Windows or Android, or just regular old web app. I honestly don't know if this is more than tiny, so please do correct me if so.

There are two different ways I'm thinking of to calculate this (the base ask, at least) and I'm not sure which is actually correct when it comes to being the closest. Maybe you or someone else can help me out. I've got:

code:
For each possible destination fingering:
  For each string, calculate the distance from the starting fret to the destination fret (provided neither of them are not played).
  Calculate the average of the distances.
The destination fingering with the lowest average distance is the closest.
or

code:
For each possible destination fingering:
  Find the minimum fret number out of both the starting fingering and destination fingering.
  Subtract this minimum from every fret in both the starting fingering and destination fingering.
  Calculate the average of the above values.
The destination fingering with the lowest average is the closest.
I implemented both of these in a quick script that just accepts input from the command line. In this screenshot below the first method is "distance" and the second is "variance" (these probably aren't the right terms but it's late and I just threw this together). Note that they give different results.

If you want to have a go at messing around with it this zip file has both the script and the JSON file containing all of the chords. I'll work on making something more presentable (i.e. not a Python script) once I know which direction to go.

i vomit kittens fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 4, 2023

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Distance and variance are actually pretty good terms for the two separate functions.

Distance = how far from the fret we need to travel. e.g. going from fret 1 to fret 2 is quicker than going from fret 1 to fret 3.

Variance = how many string changes are required. e.g. going from string 1 to string 2 counts as one instance of variance.

For now, the distance method seems to be the most realistic for my needs. If there's some way to incorporate both the distance and variance as above, that's even better.

One other ask: is it possible to specify a maximum range of frets? Going from 1 to 4 is quite a stretch for a newbie, 1 to 3 is a little more realistic. Maybe include the range as a ranking, e.g. the shorter distance of frets the easier it is, thus prioritize shorter ranges over longer.

Other than that, this is huge and good and I'm going to see about futzing more with it. A big wish for future refinement: a GUI with dropdowns for the chord types. Major and minor are great starts but sus7delta4whateverthatroundcircleis is gonna get weird fast.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

MJP posted:

Distance and variance are actually pretty good terms for the two separate functions.

Distance = how far from the fret we need to travel. e.g. going from fret 1 to fret 2 is quicker than going from fret 1 to fret 3.

Variance = how many string changes are required. e.g. going from string 1 to string 2 counts as one instance of variance.

For now, the distance method seems to be the most realistic for my needs. If there's some way to incorporate both the distance and variance as above, that's even better.

One other ask: is it possible to specify a maximum range of frets? Going from 1 to 4 is quite a stretch for a newbie, 1 to 3 is a little more realistic. Maybe include the range as a ranking, e.g. the shorter distance of frets the easier it is, thus prioritize shorter ranges over longer.

Other than that, this is huge and good and I'm going to see about futzing more with it. A big wish for future refinement: a GUI with dropdowns for the chord types. Major and minor are great starts but sus7delta4whateverthatroundcircleis is gonna get weird fast.

I realized while working on a simple GUI that there was an error in how I was calculating things, I didn't realize the data doesn't account for the "baseFret" that the fret positions all start from. I fixed that and got this working:

I packaged it as an Electron app so here's the build folder for that. You can either run the installer or just open the "unpacked" folder and run the .exe in there. I haven't looked for ways to break it, the styling is kind of lazy, and I didn't bother to change the package name/icon from the defaults for the template I used, but it works. Right now it's just the same as the "distance" function in the script I posted last night (with the fix I mentioned above added in) but I'll take a look at other improvements later.

i vomit kittens fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 4, 2023

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's good stuff, thanks so much!

Would you want to do more work on it if further questions/feature requests come up? I don't want to abuse the thread and turn a tiny app into a big thing, especially for the price of free.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

MJP posted:

It's good stuff, thanks so much!

Would you want to do more work on it if further questions/feature requests come up? I don't want to abuse the thread and turn a tiny app into a big thing, especially for the price of free.

Sure, I took a bit of a pause on getting to some of the things you've already pointed out as the water cooling system on my desktop is dying and even just having my editor open to a small project is liable to cause chugging/crashes. I have parts to build a new PC getting delivered later this week so I'll continue poking around then. If you want to go ahead and switch to PMs for anything else that comes up feel free.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'm looking for a script that I can paste into and trigger periodically from the task scheduler on my Synology disk station. It would collect local ip addresses and associated mac adresses from the local network it's on (including its own). This might be called the neighborhood? It would compare these pairings with previously collected ones. Any time a new pairing is found (either a new mac or an existing mac gets a new ip), I get notified of a summary of them through mail. A pairing is only discarded when a new ip is found for an existing mac, not eg. when the mac isn't found again when the script runs. Bonus points if it can have an optional config file where I can add human readable aliases for known mac adresses that then get used in the notifications.

I have some windows autoit scripting experience, but nothing linux flavor wise.

The Diskstation is on dsm 7.1.1 if that matters. A folder where scripts can put their files without needing a full path is configured. You can just echo stuff and exit with code 1 to trigger the mail when necessary.

All I have on offer for this is my profound gratitude.

ihafarm
Aug 12, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

I'm looking for a script that I can paste into and trigger periodically from the task scheduler on my Synology disk station. It would collect local ip addresses and associated mac adresses from the local network it's on (including its own). This might be called the neighborhood? It would compare these pairings with previously collected ones. Any time a new pairing is found (either a new mac or an existing mac gets a new ip), I get notified of a summary of them through mail. A pairing is only discarded when a new ip is found for an existing mac, not eg. when the mac isn't found again when the script runs. Bonus points if it can have an optional config file where I can add human readable aliases for known mac adresses that then get used in the notifications.

I have some windows autoit scripting experience, but nothing linux flavor wise.

The Diskstation is on dsm 7.1.1 if that matters. A folder where scripts can put their files without needing a full path is configured. You can just echo stuff and exit with code 1 to trigger the mail when necessary.

All I have on offer for this is my profound gratitude.

Why not just enable mac filtering on the router? You explicitly authorize all clients(barring mac spoofing).

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ihafarm posted:

Why not just enable mac filtering on the router? You explicitly authorize all clients(barring mac spoofing).
Because I'm not interested in denying anything access to the network. The proper solution for my problem is actually dhcp reservations, which this isp provided router doesn't allow me to do. I also do not want to assign static ips to anything for probably no good actual reason. Everything actually works fine that way apart from one of two times a year the isp does some maintenance thing and upsets the order. I just want a notice that this has happened, instead of being baffled by the number of things suddenly not working, as well as the new addresses I need to use.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Flipperwaldt posted:

Because I'm not interested in denying anything access to the network. The proper solution for my problem is actually dhcp reservations, which this isp provided router doesn't allow me to do. I also do not want to assign static ips to anything for probably no good actual reason. Everything actually works fine that way apart from one of two times a year the isp does some maintenance thing and upsets the order. I just want a notice that this has happened, instead of being baffled by the number of things suddenly not working, as well as the new addresses I need to use.

That router, which does DHCP, it doesn't do DNS? So that you can at least use computer names?
Or, better yet, does it have a page with the current assignments? Because if it does (it should, don't they all?), then you can just scrape the web page and autoit is more than fine for this.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Volguus posted:

That router, which does DHCP, it doesn't do DNS? So that you can at least use computer names?
Or, better yet, does it have a page with the current assignments? Because if it does (it should, don't they all?), then you can just scrape the web page and autoit is more than fine for this.
I address my thermostat by ip address in order not to have to have recurring costs for their app. If it has a computer name, I've never seen it pop up. The app I use to access my satellite receiver only has a numerical field to identify it. On the receiver itself the same goes for how to mount my nas. Etc. Computer names work in other places, so that's probably yes to dns?

On windows, it's way easier than scraping: there's a nirsoft tool that can collect and export the data. The reason I don't care to do it on windows though it's that I can easily go weeks between powering up my laptop at all, while there is a linux based server running 24/7.

ihafarm
Aug 12, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Can you disable DHCP on the router? What is it, who’s the isp?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Flipperwaldt posted:

I address my thermostat by ip address in order not to have to have recurring costs for their app. If it has a computer name, I've never seen it pop up. The app I use to access my satellite receiver only has a numerical field to identify it. On the receiver itself the same goes for how to mount my nas. Etc. Computer names work in other places, so that's probably yes to dns?

On windows, it's way easier than scraping: there's a nirsoft tool that can collect and export the data. The reason I don't care to do it on windows though it's that I can easily go weeks between powering up my laptop at all, while there is a linux based server running 24/7.

One way to find out the IPs on your network from linux is to use nmap:
pre:
sudo nmap -sn 192.168.1.0/24
This assumes that 192.168.1.0/24 is your network. Change as necessary. But, since I don't have a Synology, I have no idea what that thing can run. To send email though, that's gonna be a bit more complicated, and it will depend on what provider you have. May or may not even be possible.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ihafarm posted:

Can you disable DHCP on the router? What is it, who’s the isp?
It's a CH7465LG-TN provided by Telenet, the only broadband provider I have access to in this part of Belgium. DHCP cannot be disabled on the router. It also cannot be set to bridge mode or be wholly replaced with a device under my control.

Volguus posted:

One way to find out the IPs on your network from linux is to use nmap:
pre:
sudo nmap -sn 192.168.1.0/24
This assumes that 192.168.1.0/24 is your network. Change as necessary. But, since I don't have a Synology, I have no idea what that thing can run. To send email though, that's gonna be a bit more complicated, and it will depend on what provider you have. May or may not even be possible.
Nmap errors out with command not found, so I guess that's out. Both arp -a and ip neigh give me results, though it's hard to tell if they give me what I need. Arp seems to be missing a number of devices that I know are online. Ip neigh gives me a load of ipv6 addresses and statuses alongside that that would take lots of work to manually figure out if they correspond to the missing devices. Both commands I found by Googling, I don't know if they are the right thing at all. These might only be addresses that have connected to the Synology or something? In which case, poo poo, I thought that part of it would be this easy. If it's significantly more complicated, forget about it.

Email is the easiest thing in this case. The Synology takes care of it. This means if the script contains a line that says echo "Hello", the word Hello will be mailed to me, no additional code necessary. It's possible through a setting to make this email conditional to the script terminating abnormally. So if you have an if clause that contains the echo command and you add exit 1 as the last thing within the if clause, then whatever is echo'd will only be mailed if the condition for the if clause is met. I definitely wouldn't ever have asked to figure out emailing from scratch.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's a CH7465LG-TN provided by Telenet, the only broadband provider I have access to in this part of Belgium. DHCP cannot be disabled on the router. It also cannot be set to bridge mode or be wholly replaced with a device under my control.

Nmap errors out with command not found, so I guess that's out. Both arp -a and ip neigh give me results, though it's hard to tell if they give me what I need. Arp seems to be missing a number of devices that I know are online. Ip neigh gives me a load of ipv6 addresses and statuses alongside that that would take lots of work to manually figure out if they correspond to the missing devices. Both commands I found by Googling, I don't know if they are the right thing at all. These might only be addresses that have connected to the Synology or something? In which case, poo poo, I thought that part of it would be this easy. If it's significantly more complicated, forget about it.

Email is the easiest thing in this case. The Synology takes care of it. This means if the script contains a line that says echo "Hello", the word Hello will be mailed to me, no additional code necessary. It's possible through a setting to make this email conditional to the script terminating abnormally. So if you have an if clause that contains the echo command and you add exit 1 as the last thing within the if clause, then whatever is echo'd will only be mailed if the condition for the if clause is met. I definitely wouldn't ever have asked to figure out emailing from scratch.

arp will only display the information that the machine knows about at that time. In time, it may get more data. Nmap actively scans all the IPs in the specified subnet, so it will get pretty much everything. In my network, `dnsmasq.leases` (my DHCP server) has 47 entries, and nmap gives me 45 hosts. I presume that is because 2 of them may be offline. "arp -a", on the other hand, only returns 6 since that's what my machine knows about at this time.

So, in order for you to get the information that you want, you have these options:

1. Get it from the DHCP server. This is the main authority, but one which can be bypassed if a computer does not use it and instead has a static IP assigned. The problem with this seems to be the "how"
2. Scan the network with nmap. This should provide the most up to date data.
3. Display the current apr cache (with "arp -a") or listen for arp traffic (tcpdump or wireshark). This, however, only provides limited information. But, if you listen for long enough time, you will get them all eventually.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Volguus posted:

arp will only display the information that the machine knows about at that time. In time, it may get more data. Nmap actively scans all the IPs in the specified subnet, so it will get pretty much everything. In my network, `dnsmasq.leases` (my DHCP server) has 47 entries, and nmap gives me 45 hosts. I presume that is because 2 of them may be offline. "arp -a", on the other hand, only returns 6 since that's what my machine knows about at this time.

So, in order for you to get the information that you want, you have these options:

1. Get it from the DHCP server. This is the main authority, but one which can be bypassed if a computer does not use it and instead has a static IP assigned. The problem with this seems to be the "how"
2. Scan the network with nmap. This should provide the most up to date data.
3. Display the current apr cache (with "arp -a") or listen for arp traffic (tcpdump or wireshark). This, however, only provides limited information. But, if you listen for long enough time, you will get them all eventually.
Yeah, if that's the state of things, then the whole thing is scuppered by nmap being unavailable or blocked on the synology platform for some reason. Thank you all for looking into what the possibilities were.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Humble Request
Problem: If I want to buy multiple Ebay items from one seller, I have to search individual sellers' items for sale, then repeat until I find one. I'd really like to be able to search for two or more individual terms (e.g. one search box for "Canon lens cap" and another for "Canon battery") and have it give me a list of sellers who have all the search terms on hand, and if possible, provide prices before shipping.

Description and requirements: Problem says it all, really. I try to put my Ebay purchases together wherever possible to bundle and save on shipping. I'd really like to just be able to search for multiple individual terms, then have it parse the list and go through all the sellers, searching for the other terms to see if they have all the items. Preferably in a browser but a Windows executable is fine too. Optimally it'd list all sellers, or maybe just export to text or CSV.

Nice to have features: Organize by lowest price including bundled shipping (I don't know how this would even get accomplished) would be great, but organize by lowest price before shipping is fine too. Also good to have, an option to SSO into Ebay and add the items to a cart, but that's not necessary - the real breakthrough would be getting the basic "give me all these items from one seller" down pat.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Volguus posted:

Let me just thank you again, the thing about hostnames kept fermenting in my head the whole time and I've now found an android app that gives me those for a bunch of devices on my network that the windows software wasn't aware of. Then learning that some things want you to add a .local suffix to it and some most definitely don't. I've been able to whittle down the places I need to reconfigure when ip addresses change to 1, down from 25-odd. A great success.

E: support for this on android was apparently only added in November 2021 lol

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 2, 2023

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
Problem: I have about 300 photos taken with an old cell phone that apparently didn't record EXIF information. Currently, when I try to import the photos into any photo management tool, the tool shows that the pictures were taken on the date that they were copied from the phone, instead of on the date that they were actually taken.

Description of requirements: The filenames of the photos, however, are standardized and correctly reflect the time the photos were taken:

MM-DD-YY_XXSS.jpg

MM = Month
DD = Day
YY = Year
XX = Hour (24 hour format)
SS = Second

Is there a way to make a simple tool that can take the information from the filenames and throw it into the EXIF data?

Nice-to-haves: I prefer something with a GUI and that I can run on windows, but I do have access to a Raspberry Pi with Debian :)

Thank you in advance!

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Pissingintowind posted:

Problem: I have about 300 photos taken with an old cell phone that apparently didn't record EXIF information. Currently, when I try to import the photos into any photo management tool, the tool shows that the pictures were taken on the date that they were copied from the phone, instead of on the date that they were actually taken.

Description of requirements: The filenames of the photos, however, are standardized and correctly reflect the time the photos were taken:

MM-DD-YY_XXSS.jpg

MM = Month
DD = Day
YY = Year
XX = Hour (24 hour format)
SS = Second

Is there a way to make a simple tool that can take the information from the filenames and throw it into the EXIF data?

Nice-to-haves: I prefer something with a GUI and that I can run on windows, but I do have access to a Raspberry Pi with Debian :)

Thank you in advance!

Would https://exiftool.org/ help? It has a Windows version as well (command line). Though, it does seem to have a bit of a learning curve. There is a thread with someone asking for help to do what you did: https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=11125.0

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Advanced Renamer can extract time/date from a pattern in the filename and apply it to eg the file creation date.

Nirsoft Bulk File Changer can copy the file creation date to an EXIF tag.

E: if step 2 is necessary at all that is

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 14, 2023

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Advanced Renamer can extract time/date from a pattern in the filename and apply it to eg the file creation date.

Nirsoft Bulk File Changer can copy the file creation date to an EXIF tag.

E: if step 2 is necessary at all that is

Thank you, this worked! Step 1 was all that was needed.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like an app (or a recommendation for a Chrome extension) that does a better job at autocomplete. I do a bunch of market research for beer money. Most agencies stick to a form-collection format or application that collects a bunch of demographics. https://www.tfaforms.com/5070976 is one such example.

I'd like to have the app either be something I switch on to see what I input, remember it, and then either auto-fill a future iteration of it (the URL will always be different) or allow me to use a key combo that I specify to do the auto-fill.

I'll need to edit fields like age every now and then, so the ability to edit content is good to have, or at least to have it forget the content and observe what I fill in with for future fills.

Other forms have different looks and feels, so if it can be applied across different layouts, that'd be great.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

MJP posted:

I'd like an app (or a recommendation for a Chrome extension) that does a better job at autocomplete. I do a bunch of market research for beer money. Most agencies stick to a form-collection format or application that collects a bunch of demographics. https://www.tfaforms.com/5070976 is one such example.

I'd like to have the app either be something I switch on to see what I input, remember it, and then either auto-fill a future iteration of it (the URL will always be different) or allow me to use a key combo that I specify to do the auto-fill.

I'll need to edit fields like age every now and then, so the ability to edit content is good to have, or at least to have it forget the content and observe what I fill in with for future fills.

Other forms have different looks and feels, so if it can be applied across different layouts, that'd be great.

I use 1password for password management, but it can do this - almost. I have set different "identities" and can pick what identity I want to auto fill. However, I do enter it first time in 1password.

Example identities: my regular identity, my work identity (same personal info but different phone numbers and addresses), my kids, my fake id for signing up for bullshit, etc.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tiny Android app request: an app with a button that plays the first 10ish seconds of "The End" by the Doors once the melancholy guitar part at the start begins, and displays an adequately angsty scene of the developers choice from Apocalypse Now.

I will use this button in moments when i feel old and lost in the morass of modern world, which happens often enough that I'm tired of just searching up the song and playing those first few notes. So yeah, if you want to make an Android app that's basically a Vietnam flashback button, I would be much obliged.

Edit: bonus points if you can add in the sound of a Huey coming in and passing overhead.

MJP fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 28, 2023

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Dunno if this works but maybe you can bookmark a youtube video as an shortcut icon; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOmEN1y3WE&t=52s

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Chunjee posted:

I remixed this idea as a userscript

Request Fill
Name: Something Awful Thread Sniper
Download link: https://gist.github.com/Chunjee/9ef...dSniper.user.js
Source Code: https://gist.github.com/Chunjee/9efc99580c74b4cc7c6b3bf29af3d423
Features and Usage: will highlight 38+ post threads in yellow; and 40 post threads in green. Will sorta work with YOSPOS (red instead of green)
Screenshot:

I just want you to know I still use this userscript all the time.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I feel like some more javascript today. Looking for ideas

ChatGPT is very decent at simple userscript ideas. Made four work ones in one day

Dans Macabre posted:

Update: got probated

:yosnice:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Made a personal logging app

Name: Personal Log
Download link: https://github.com/Chunjee/Personal-Log/releases
Source Code: https://github.com/Chunjee/Personal-Log
Screenshot:

Contributors needed for:
  • Dark mode
  • Spellcheck

For Immediate Release
Picture this: you're minding your own business, flipping through Chamber of Secrets, and suddenly, a lightbulb moment – Tom Riddle's diary, but make it 21st-century.

Now, Personal Log ain't your grandma's journal. This bad boy blends AI, Large Language models, and enough magic to make Merlin do a double-take. We're talking about crafting a digital twin of yourself, like your diary had a baby with Siri.

After you've spilled your soul into it for a solid 30 days, hit that export button in the settings. Boom! You've got a file that's basically the unfiltered chaos of your life. Ready for the pièce de résistance?

Chuck that file into your favorite language model, and voila – you're having a conversation with your own digital alter ego. Need life advice? Your digital doppelganger's got you covered. imagine your great-great-great-grandkids stumbling upon this digital goldmine. They'll think you were the coolest cat in town. Your digital legacy – entertaining future generations and probably confusing the heck out of them.

So, start crafting your digital twin to conquer the interwebs. Your diary just went full-blown Skynet in the friendliest way possible.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I bought a ratta supernote and I love it, but there is a longstanding bug in the software that it doesn't support epub files with encrypted/obfuscated fonts, which even drm free ebooks often have - I'm looking for a small utility that would open an epub, find the obfuscated fonts, undo the obfuscation algorithm (XOR the first 1040 bytes of the font with a sha-1 hash of the EPUBs identifier), and then delete the encryption.xml file if no more encrypted content is present. Ill probably end up writing such a program in a day or two, but if anyone has a good epub lib already and wants to try, be my guest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I'm trying to get goon's poo poo fixed and am bad at remembering to look at Haus of Tech Support every so often.

Is there something, even part of SALR that can monitor when someone posts in Haus, maybe send my phone a message?