Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
About a year ago in this thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789543&pagenumber=1 "Paladinus" suggested that I make an animated short based on "loss.jpg".

Well as of today that short is completed and you can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbqz839BvHk

If enough people want me to make another film I will do my best to fulfill that request. I am currently unemployed so I have all the time in the world to make films based on requests from strangers on the internet. The only stipulations are that it has to be appropriate and not break any copyright laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
You sold out by rendering and not just capturing viewport footage, my man

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

you needed to invest more artistry and make this poo poo yours. there's no direct translation from a comic strip to a video

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I think the arms should move more

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That was decent. Thank you.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
I enjoyed this very much and think that it would have been highly celebrated in the GBS of years ago.

Props on leaving the last frame as a total freezeframe. That's what sells it

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

"anyone who downvotes this should be sent to the shitmines"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thank you, OP. This is what I wanted and even more. You clearly have some skills, and I hope you'll continue to perfect them.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

Paladinus posted:

Thank you, OP. This is what I wanted and even more. You clearly have some skills, and I hope you'll continue to perfect them.

No problem.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Props for following through

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vegetable posted:

you needed to invest more artistry and make this poo poo yours. there's no direct translation from a comic strip to a video

loss.jpg belongs to all of us.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Pretty rad, if I might make one suggestion though, I think it would be good if it lingered on Eathan for a beat after he went in the door and before it cuts to the next shot. As it is, the first shot is so quick that there's no time to digest it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i wish it ended with a really obnoxious trombone slide but otherwise it is perfect

• Locked thread