Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

League number: 2720843-652364

I set up a classic league for us to find a reason to care about Bournemouth versus Burnley midweek games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Well before this thread becomes completely stillborn he's my team. Unfortunately 'Sven Goren Erikssendnudes' is over the team name character limit.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'm up for this. Come on TRPers. Get out of the stupid FM thread and come play with us here.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Pretty good showing so far:

Here are my heroes:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
In, Lanzini's Win Kings.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Behold:

Can't Neymar Team

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

In as Antonio Chianti because it sounded 100x more clever in my head.

As did my team.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The insanely over-compressed images they're using for the shirts are annoying me. They look terrible.

Any hot tips from the promoted teams? I've taken a punt on Mounie from Huddersfield.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

here's my AFC Vermouth team. Bravely benching my Leicester boys this week cause we never beat Arsenal.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

joined up as "De Finurlige Fyre". Not a very funny name, but I already made my team to play with other friends so.

Heard good things about players like Knockaert and Ritchie but not feeling too sure about taking a punt

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 10, 2017

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
In as It's a Knockaert. There's a goon league that's been going for years but I don't have the code for it, TRP Goon Liga. The thread always dies before the end of the season but I've been playing this game for 11 years now so I'll always be here.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 10, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm in until I forget about my team next week.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
I think this is final Ice Cream Kids team. Havent played in a while.

saihttam fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 11, 2017

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I've joined this

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I joined. All your fears of finishing bottom will no longer come to pass!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I've joined and expect to do very badly!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Sad King Billy posted:

I've joined and expect to do very badly!

I haven't played in years but if nothing has changed then expect to be in the top 5 by mid-season because everyone else will have tired of it by then.

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies
Joined and already cursing myself for being suckered in to believing Iwobi would start for Arsenal.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Glad I binned those Chelsea defenders.

e: less glad I kept Fabregas.

Cultural Marxist fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 12, 2017

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

cool and good

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes

Konsek posted:

In as It's a Knockaert. There's a goon league that's been going for years but I don't have the code for it, TRP Goon Liga. The thread always dies before the end of the season but I've been playing this game for 11 years now so I'll always be here.

The old TRP Goon Liga is 1876711-473392

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Hey friends what are your hot picks for the GW? I've dropped Willian for Knockaert which is probably a terrible idea and now have far too much money unspent (£2.8M!) so hopefully next week I can do something fun with it, not really sure what my long-term plan is here but whatever.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sebzilla posted:

Hey friends what are your hot picks for the GW? I've dropped Willian for Knockaert which is probably a terrible idea and now have far too much money unspent (£2.8M!) so hopefully next week I can do something fun with it, not really sure what my long-term plan is here but whatever.

Surely this is the week that Kane explodes into action. Right..? Guys?

Good call on dropping Willian. I only had him in because Zaha got crocked. But now Hazard is back his time is up. As a Brighton supporter I'd love Knockaert or Gross or Izquierdo in my team. But I also want to do well... so I'm conflicted.

I've got David Silva in this week because De Bruyne is just playing too far back to be a good Fantasy prospect. He'll probably get rotated now I've got him in.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finally broke into the top 5 now Harry Kane has got past the August rut. David Silva is performing above expectations and seems to be a consistent starter which helps a lot. Maguire's turned out to be a solid point scorer despite Leicester's low # of clean sheets. Not sure whether David Luiz will make it back into my team when his suspension's up.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Blasmeister posted:

Finally broke into the top 5 now Harry Kane has got past the August rut. David Silva is performing above expectations and seems to be a consistent starter which helps a lot. Maguire's turned out to be a solid point scorer despite Leicester's low # of clean sheets. Not sure whether David Luiz will make it back into my team when his suspension's up.

15th. Preparing to wildcard this week, though my Team is not all bad - it's just too many hits to get Aguero/Kane in alongside Lukaku.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I transferred Aguero in this week. fml.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Elliptical Dick posted:

I transferred Aguero in this week. fml.

If you do your transfers earlier than about an hour before the deadline then you deserve all the late injuries that you get imo

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

sebzilla posted:

If you do your transfers earlier than about an hour before the deadline then you deserve all the late injuries that you get imo

Good point. I'm new to fantasy so this has been a useful lesson.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sebzilla posted:

Elliptical Dick posted:

Good point. I'm new to fantasy so this has been a useful lesson.

Well, yes, in a way, but there's also price rises and drops to take into account. Sometimes you just gotta take a risk.

Just moved inside the top 4,000. Had a hard time deciding who to captain out of Lukaku and Kane. My heart said Kane but my head decided Lukaku at home to Palace was the safer option. Shoulda listened to my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sterling captain
Jesus vice

gently caress you, Pep!

• Locked thread