Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Would you folks happen to know what on earth could be causing this? I'm looking at the thread template, and I'm not sure if there's any additional information that would be helpful. No recent changes, Windows 10 64-bit, Skylake i5@2.30GHz, 8GB DDR3, Googled "bulge."

I'm worried that might be where the battery is located, and it's getting ready to pull a Galaxy Note 7 on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Did I say right side? I meant left side. Because I'm a loving idiot.

Pretty much directly under Caps Lock/A, Shift/Z, Ctrl/Fn.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
That looks like the location of the battery, so yes I believe your laptop is Note 7ing and you should back up any files that are important to you, put it somewhere non-flammable and where the smoke won't kill people, and contact the manufacturer.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Alereon posted:

That looks like the location of the battery, so yes I believe your laptop is Note 7ing and you should back up any files that are important to you, put it somewhere non-flammable and where the smoke won't kill people, and contact the manufacturer.

Understood, thank you very much.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Dell seemed rather unconcerned it would catch on fire and murder me, but everything's backed up and it's being sent off for repair.

• Locked thread