Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
#ThatsJays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Baseball you're weird. Whatever Go Cubs Go!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
AVILA! :woop:

:sweep: CUBS WIN, CUBS SWEEP! :sweep:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

sorry fixed

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Pretty much the last thing I expected to happen, but I'll take it! :toot:

Also :lol: Justin Wilson gets the win.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
VIVA AVILA! CUBS WIN :toot: :sweep:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

The best stat

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Pretty much the last thing I expected to happen, but I'll take it! :toot:

This is one of those situations where the official scorer should invoke their right to move it

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

drat, Javy's slide was smooth as gently caress. :drat:

Can someone make an aGIF of that maybe? :shobon:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think Lopez had about as rough an inning as you can have as a catcher there. Hit by two foul tips, two wild pitches (one scored a run and the other let a guy on base after a third strike), a mental lapse that lets another guy on after a dropped third strike

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
There's quite a bit of irony in that if Montero hadn't been lifted and was still behind the plate, the Cubs almost certainly would have lost the game.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I would've blamed Lopez, not Osuna for that blown save there.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Congrats on winning the pessimism off, Blue Jays fans. :v:

Really though, I hope we didn't annoy you too much with our constant negative Cubs posting only to sweep, we were just coming off a series split with the goddamn Reds and having our staff ace go to the DL, so we were feeling a bit down. You all are alright. Would absolutely poo poo post with you again. :shobon:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Really though, I hope we didn't annoy you too much with our constant negative Cubs posting only to sweep, we were just coming off a series split with the goddamn Reds and having our staff ace go to the DL, so we were feeling a bit down. You all are alright. Would absolutely poo poo post with you again. :shobon:

:agreed:

Gameday threads are always a lot more fun when teams with active SAS fanbases meet.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sydin posted:

lol you guys genuinely did irritate me a bit with the broom gifs there.

honestly though it was a sweep but they were all fun games. great atmosphere, good times. those dueling chants were great. ggs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I only caught the 9th/10th innings on the drive home but wow that was insane. I'll be rewatching the condensed version tonight on MLB.tv.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The crowd at the little league park sure doesn't seem very into it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
How did they decide who gets tickets to the game?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Piscotty's jersey says MoMo? someone explain.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
it's cool seeing the stadium of my childhood on tv. god bless.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Weird acoustics with such a small park. Also, Dex really looked safe to me.

E: Quick Googling suggests Piscotty's jersey is for his mom. Also DeJong wanted to go with Paulie D but Jersey Shore and/or one of the people from it had that copyrighted. Having never seen anything of Jersey Shore other than the new series of Beavis and Butthead where they MST3K it, I'll take Twitter's word for it.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 21, 2017

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Blown replay call there somehow.

It was a nice surprise to see that the Cardinals called a struggling Piscotty as their 26th man, put him in the lineup, and bat him 2nd!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mike_V posted:

Blown replay call there somehow.

It was a nice surprise to see that the Cardinals called a struggling Piscotty as their 26th man, put him in the lineup, and bat him 2nd!

Especially when it moves Tommy "Destroyer of Worlds and Buyer of Frozen Treats" Pham to the bench.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
The Cardinals are always such hot garbage on Sunday Night Baseball.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Another Cardinals game, another 1+ run first inning for the opposition

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lol nice to see in addition to putting Piscotty at 2nd, Matheny didn't challenge that play

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Do the Nationals really not have a better pinch running option than Edwin Jackson?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Man, Leake is hot garbage.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
RIP Cards

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Runners at second and third, no outs. Seems like a good time to strike out twice, then ground out anemically.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
josh bell ftw

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Nice catch Scooter.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so was this game cool or gimmicky? i caught the last ab

not sure i approve of the handshakes but maybe for this once

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Abel Wingnut posted:

so was this game cool or gimmicky? i caught the last ab

Cards lost so it was pretty cool.