Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Splode posted:

Wait they got rid of the dumb controls??

In the beta branch for the moment. The old controls are still the default, but holding left Alt brings up the mouse now for inventory management.

The old method grew on me and I'm glad it's still in the game, but I'm hopeful that this will bring in new players.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Yeah the dumb controls were part of the charm, though I'm concerned that the horse has bolted.
all the coverage they got on youtube is over, and they all complained about the controls.

I'm still waiting for this to have a bit more actual game around it. It's a cool sandbox but there's plenty of cool sandboxes out there already.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

new patch is up

https://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/1691549085486081654

Здравствуйте! This is my gaming video channel with thick Russian accent - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7bdvXtjexnJ7doOCSYvmZg

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 24, 2018

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
But what about my DayZ?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The best part of the new update:

quote:

Smart Rotate
When placing pipes, cables and chutes you can now hold the Quantity Modifier keybind (default C) and use your mouse wheel to loop through rotations that will match all surrounding valid connections for the variant you're constructing.

:worship:

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
Programmable Circuits now on Beta!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/2903022560766254057

Здравствуйте! This is my gaming video channel with thick Russian accent - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7bdvXtjexnJ7doOCSYvmZg

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Oh thank god. Time to shrink my atmos system logic from a room to a wall.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I tried the controls and they were dogshit and made me quit after 30 minutes, are they actually that much better

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

eonwe posted:

I tried the controls and they were dogshit and made me quit after 30 minutes, are they actually that much better

There is now a mouse interface if you press alt. It's much more reasonable.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

-Zydeco- posted:

There is now a mouse interface if you press alt. It's much more reasonable.

I think you'll find that f, x, f, x, z, q, f, 1, shift+r, ctrl+x, f, 1, x is much faster and more intuitive than just dragging something with your pathetic mouse from one box to another.

:spergin:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

RandomBlue posted:

I think you'll find that f, x, f, x, z, q, f, 1, shift+r, ctrl+x, f, 1, x is much faster and more intuitive than just dragging something with your pathetic mouse from one box to another.

:spergin:

is this the emacs thread??? :confused:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Check out breathedge. Not really the same thing and single player but it probably scratches a similar itch. Saw it on upcoming releases on steam and i havent heard anything about it. I think the idea is you are on a giant hearse ship that explodes and you have to put it back together and get the bodies back on board lol something lkke that, a chicken is a tool, i cant explain it, but its complex crafting and harcore survival but goofy. It doesnt model gases as much but the video has poo exploding out of toilets and pissing yourself and getting electrocuted because of it so its complex kinda just focusing on different details. Looks cool.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/738520/Breathedge/

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DogonCrook posted:

a chicken is a tool, i cant explain it

LOL.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Breathage is the poo poo. It runs well etc. Its not gonna be as complex as this, its kind of standard survival much more themed than usual. Other than setting it doesnt have as much overlap with this game as i expected. Everything is a goofy abstraction like the chicken will short wires and kill power so you can harvest wire without being shocked. A programmer is a stick you bash poo poo with lol. Its a very portal vibe and has killer voice acting and music. Its real good. I dont know why this wasnt getting attention. Its also on sale for like 12 bucks for some reason but thats gonna be a steal there is no jank, the place holders are jokes ill be sad to see go.

E: it does have envirinmental effects to deal with like hot, cold, radiation, pressure etc buts more locational and gamey than sim, like cold zone, radiation emitting wreck etc.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 13, 2018

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DogonCrook posted:

Breathage is the poo poo. It runs well etc. Its not gonna be as complex as this, its kind of standard survival much more themed than usual. Other than setting it doesnt have as much overlap with this game as i expected. Everything is a goofy abstraction like the chicken will short wires and kill power so you can harvest wire without being shocked. A programmer is a stick you bash poo poo with lol. Its a very portal vibe and has killer voice acting and music. Its real good. I dont know why this wasnt getting attention. Its also on sale for like 12 bucks for some reason but thats gonna be a steal there is no jank, the place holders are jokes ill be sad to see go.

E: it does have envirinmental effects to deal with like hot, cold, radiation, pressure etc buts more locational and gamey than sim, like cold zone, radiation emitting wreck etc.

I'm liking it but the amount of oxygen at the beginning needs to be about double what it is now. It's extremely annoying to have to go back in the base literally every 50 seconds for 5 or so seconds. So you've got to save 20 seconds for the round trip and have maybe 30 seconds to do some poo poo while you're out then come back.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

RandomBlue posted:

I'm liking it but the amount of oxygen at the beginning needs to be about double what it is now. It's extremely annoying to have to go back in the base literally every 50 seconds for 5 or so seconds. So you've got to save 20 seconds for the round trip and have maybe 30 seconds to do some poo poo while you're out then come back.

You get the recipe for air storage quickly i didnt play very long and thats where i stopped. On a sexond playthrough you could have it instantly once you know where it is.

Also lol if you pee in space you will get freeze damage and you lose water. You press f to pee lol.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DogonCrook posted:

You get the recipe for air storage quickly i didnt play very long and thats where i stopped. On a sexond playthrough you could have it instantly once you know where it is.

Also lol if you pee in space you will get freeze damage and you lose water. You press f to pee lol.

I didn't get that for a while because I just didn't go that way. I did however discover the peeing in space button almost immediately because I'm used to playing games where "f" interacts or picks up poo poo so I was constantly pissing when I was trying to pick up poo poo.

Still, that tank adds a whole 25 seconds, which isn't a lot. The oxygen candles help but use up resources.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
dean still not dead

https://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/1689304895992742638

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

New update has proper side-boob now, if that was stopping you from playing before.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

VegasGoat posted:

New update has proper side-boob now, if that was stopping you from playing before.

I'm gonna need 12 boobs before I can get back into this game. Also ears, a tail and yiffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

RandomBlue posted:

I'm gonna need 12 boobs before I can get back into this game. Also ears, a tail and yiffing.

/

• Locked thread