Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

fn

the fun key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I think you mean the f'n key

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
tab is the spacebars quieter but way more capable sister

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

sometimes when i really get down to business I might be typing with left and mousing with right at the same time. i barely notice it anymore, but any time I need a new line, I just stretch over my mouse thumb and tap that numpad enter key. max efficiency and loving smooth

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
can we talk about the most worthless keys because i vote right shift, i literally never use that thing

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

JewKiller 3000 posted:

can we talk about the most worthless keys because i vote right shift, i literally never use that thing
prntscrn

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

imo not a lot is ever said for the insert key, but it is by far one of the most versatile keys on a computer. just try it out once and see how it can transform your text editing experience.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

i just pressed the insert key and now i can replace text. i just pressed it again, and now i can insert text. the possibilities are endless.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
hyper

:kingsley:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

you know what else? Home. nothing gets you to the beginning of a line like this bad boy.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

heresy

home, end, page up, and page down move the scroll bar

arrow keys move the insertion point

option and command increase the movement of the insertion point by one and two orders of magnitude, respectively

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JewKiller 3000 posted:

youre typing technique is a piece of poo poo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
When I was learning dvorak on my kinesis I would get frustrated sometimes and mash all the keys. The kinesis has a "remap" key and multiple times I hit it by accident and then had to A) figure out which keys had gotten remapped B) what are they supposed to be in dvorak and C) how do you use the remap key. Anyway I always thought that was pretty funny when I had to stop working and read my keyboard manual and look at a picture of the layouts so I vote for the remap key.

But also `

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

the calculator button imo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
prtscn|sysrq, ftw

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
☕️

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
control on mac keyboards.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

are those caps from the apple iigs keyboard

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they're really bad keys so they could be from any apple keyboard

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

actually i change my answer to the option key on a mac. 500000x better than memorizing and keying in symbol codes

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

the button that rotates your screen 90 degrees

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

are those caps from the apple iigs keyboard

they are! i have two and one is going through a retrobrite test, so i have a bucket of caps just lounging in my den

theyre basically beige free so since the spacebar was made with the case plastic its really bad looking and got to be the first through the process

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

they're really bad keys so they could be from any apple keyboard

its so compact and comfortable but the arrow keys are all one line :shepicide:

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
until you've been forced to use an italian keyboard. . . you will never realize how much you use the ~ key

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

HoboMan posted:

actually i change my answer to the option key on a mac. 500000x better than memorizing and keying in symbol codes

+1 agree

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

wide stance posted:

control on mac keyboards.

the Help key.

need Help? just press Help. phew. that's better.

(RMB menu key is good on Windows laptops.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the enter and return keys that each do the thing you think the other should do

• Locked thread