Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i would spend over a week if i did what you said

jew killer three grand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

echinopsis posted:

jew killer three grand

yeah. math is hard. that's why the classes are like 20 weeks long each

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

echinopsis posted:

jew killer three grand

aint no royal road

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

JewKiller 3000 posted:

yeah. math is hard. that's why the classes are like 20 weeks long each

and reading doesn't really do poo poo for really understanding and being able to apply that stuff. you've got to actually do some exercises and whatnot. otherwise you're just going to be spending all your time being all "why are we doing this eigendecomposition thing here?" instead of "oh yeah if the eigenvalues are > 1 then iterations are obviously gonna diverge. duh"

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I thought I'd forgotten all the math until I read the briefs and was like oh yeah that's how it's done. It's easy once you've mastered it at least once.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
if you hosed around too much and/or didn't get a stellar math education in college then wooo are you going to regret that

i sure as hell do :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hen
Aug 22, 2006

Speaking of Coursera that Ng guy just recently announced https://www.coursera.org/specializations/deep-learning

• Locked thread