Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I'm buying a home. The seller also owns a small piece of land across the road from the house which is included in the deal, and I'd like to mark the edges so I can begin clearing it off when I have free time. I have the map with the paperwork which shows a bunch of stuff like N2°10'26.5"E (thats just the example on google maps) along each of the five sides of the parcel and I dont have a loving clue what to do with it. I have all the coordinates, surely theres an app or something I can use to mark each corner based on the info I have? I've searched a bunch but cant quite put my finger on what I'm looking for.

Or do I really have to pay someone to do this? I'm in a rural area, as you can see theres a trail along one side, the road to the right, and effectively nothing on the other sides where I have to worry about encroaching on anyone, but I want it to be accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

codo27 posted:

So I'm buying a home. The seller also owns a small piece of land across the road from the house which is included in the deal, and I'd like to mark the edges so I can begin clearing it off when I have free time. I have the map with the paperwork which shows a bunch of stuff like N2°10'26.5"E (thats just the example on google maps) along each of the five sides of the parcel and I dont have a loving clue what to do with it. I have all the coordinates, surely theres an app or something I can use to mark each corner based on the info I have? I've searched a bunch but cant quite put my finger on what I'm looking for.

Or do I really have to pay someone to do this? I'm in a rural area, as you can see theres a trail along one side, the road to the right, and effectively nothing on the other sides where I have to worry about encroaching on anyone, but I want it to be accurate.

Get the GPS coordinates for the corners, use a handheld GPS device (should be able to do this on your phone) to find the coordinates, plant some flags at each corner.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pellisworth posted:

Get the GPS coordinates for the corners, use a handheld GPS device (should be able to do this on your phone) to find the coordinates, plant some flags at each corner.

I was going to suggest the skulls of his enemies but I guess this works.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

I want it to be accurate.

hire a surveyor and have the survey recorded, have said surveyor mark the bounty points during said survey

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
first you need to drink a lot of water and urinate in an unbroken line on all the boundaries of your property. then you must find some pure salt (kosher salt works well) and sprinkle it in the areas of maximum spiritual activity, which is usually the bedroom, the toilet, and wherever you run on your inevitable naked days, wild as the deer, free as the sun

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
Have you considered using a bedazzler?

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
Those are bearings and distances my man and those coordinates are most likely in state plane horizontal datum (northing/easting). You can download a free gps app for your phone to get within ~5ft of your corners which is probably fine for yard work. Any structure, like a fence, should have a surveyor stake your PL.

You will need to convert those coordinates to lat/long for the app. Use this website http://www.earthpoint.us/StatePlane.aspx. your plat should say what datum your in, if not hrs probably NAD83, you get to figure out what zone since its based on the state. Good luck!

Also, just go pay a surveyor. He will locate or repin your property corners so you can use them whenever.

fishhooked fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 22, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the old ceremony posted:

first you need to drink a lot of water and urinate in an unbroken line on all the boundaries of your property. then you must find some pure salt (kosher salt works well) and sprinkle it in the areas of maximum spiritual activity, which is usually the bedroom, the toilet, and wherever you run on your inevitable naked days, wild as the deer, free as the sun

this but cum instead of urine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Definitely piss

• Locked thread