Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Looking at Spooky Horror Bundle from Humble Bundle right now.

First tier has meh games at best but they only cost a buck, second tier has Layers of Fear (heard that's supposed to be like P.T. and okay) but also has that dumb FNAF game that loving sucks balls. Third tier has Dead by Daylight but I already got that.

Help me out, you guys.

I'll give away the FNAF game to anyone who's stupid enough to keep it in their library.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Spoopy Horror Bundle

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really dnt give a rats rear end what you do chief

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Personally I'm just checking out Layers of Fear and want to know if it's good or not.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Junior Jr. posted:

Personally I'm just checking out Layers of Fear and want to know if it's good or not.
It's good.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

idk alien isolation is pretty good. I should prob re buy it for pc since I had it for ps4, but nothing else in that bundle does it for me. is that multi-player game in the $10 tier worth it?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

five nights at Freddie's looks dumb as hell

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

is that multi-player game in the $10 tier worth it?

Haven't played it yet but saw some vids on youtube and it's kinda interesting...and you get to play as michael myers only in dlc though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junior Jr. posted:

it's ok. there are like three different endings, but i can't imagine playing through the game again. almost no puzzle solving to speak of, but it has some cool visuals and effects. i didn't find it remotely scary.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
You should just get Penumbra Overture and Black Plague instead. Haven't played them for years but they're scary

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

alien isolation is worth seven bucks or whatever

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I should point out I already own Alien Isolation, and am happy to give it away to anyone who hasn't got it yet, I just want to know if it's worth getting Layers of Fear...seeing how low it is.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's a fair price for what it is. i played through it in one night after i got it on sale.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Spoopy Horror Bundle

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't play scary games cos I'm a scaredy cat, but I hope you find your answer OP

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can't play scary games cos I'm a scaredy cat, but I hope you find your answer OP

don't worry kiddo, these losers think scary games mean loud screams pop out right in front of ya, real scary game give you more disturbing images like our lord and savior kojima delivers.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Layers of fear is aids

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

Junior Jr. posted:

don't worry kiddo, these losers think scary games mean loud screams pop out right in front of ya, real scary game give you more disturbing images like our lord and savior kojima delivers.

oh you mean like doom 3

scary af. Lots of closets. Lots of jumping

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

frank.club posted:

Layers of fear is aids

Its really repetitive and doesnt do enough interesting things to keep up tension. There's not any threat and even though its about exploring a big old turn of the century mansion its all on rails and theres no exploration.

It looks nice though and theres a few fun moments involving level design. Some people I know liked it more than I did.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

Its really repetitive and doesnt do enough interesting things to keep up tension. There's not any threat and even though its about exploring a big old turn of the century mansion its all on rails and theres no exploration.

It looks nice though and theres a few fun moments involving level design. Some people I know liked it more than I did.

this is how i felt. the few tricks it has are pretty cool, but i'm glad i didn't pay full price for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

this.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't give a poo poo what you buy bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU