Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

marijuanamancer posted:

Yeah they actually put effort in to concentrate the thc, this guy is just growing and smoking it

Eh, you'll still get high if you just smoke enough. Just make a gravity bong out of a pig's bladder and an old bagpipe and take it down to yonder mill pond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duckbag posted:

Eh, you'll still get high if you just smoke enough. Just make a gravity bong out of a pig's bladder and an old bagpipe and take it down to yonder mill pond.

yeah but the ratio of lung destruction to getting high is not very efficient in this era, friend

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in fact i think my original post was something to the effect of, the weed is bad! so thanks for making my point i guess

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

*has massive orgy*

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Fartbox posted:

*has massive orgy*

I'm so glad I was able to avoid marriage to a woman and join this monastery.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Boy oh boy it's my favorite time of the year, when our Lord in Heaven Jesus Christ yearly commands the Mother Spirit of the Woods to be bountiful and bring great prosperity to our town, and we shall make a sacrifice in her and His name.

*Gets inquisited because of pagan blasphemy*

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
*gets smote even to the heart by a highwayman with a dagger worth 2d*

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Goes medieval on his rear end

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

*Gets boiled in a cauldron of poo poo*

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Universe Master posted:

I'm so glad I was able to avoid marriage to a woman and join this monastery.

if anything its easier to get your dick sucked in a monastery, in between all the drunken arts and crafts and crazy parties

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

poverty goat posted:

if anything its easier to get your dick sucked in a monastery, in between all the drunken arts and crafts and crazy parties

:thejoke:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I take my job as a scribe seriously *draws man with trumpet up rear end in margins of prayerbook*

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

bitterandtwisted posted:

I take my job as a scribe seriously *draws man with trumpet up rear end in margins of prayerbook*

Actually margin illustrations were left up to the scribes and they doodled random in jokes and poo poo to relieve the monotony of copying the bible by hand for the 7th time

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Medieval memes

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*looks at a pick thread* Talaq talaq talaq

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I am a seller of turnips, verily

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
My nation is new Rome! No my nation is new Rome! gently caress both of you, mine is!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Oh poo poo, the plague is back! Better kill all the cats and Jews.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

phasmid posted:

Don't forget they basically overpopulated themselves and sent their children away to do all the raiding so they could keep making babies they couldn't feed. What a bunch of poo poo cretins. They deserved Christianity.

lmao true true

and now their descendants have some of the highest living standards in the world

Duckbag posted:

Like half those devices were made up centuries later to make Catholics look bad. The ones that weren't though...

I hadn't heard that some were created later; can you elaborate please?

marijuanamancer posted:

Your cannabis is really bad, cannabis you are growing at this time won't be worth much more than using for rope btw

not if I import it from the east using the silk road :rimshot:

PersonMan
Apr 3, 2009
will you buy my fat daughter? she is well equipped to harvest potatoes. will trade for 2 chickens or best offer.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
is manorialism and sharecropping basically the same thing?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kind of except ostensibly sharecropping is a free agreement whereas manorialism involves slavery because the serfs are tied to the land and are property of the land owner.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

*sneaks into castle to steal the princess's undergarments*

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

That Robot posted:

I hadn't heard that some were created later; can you elaborate please?

The iron maiden and "pear of anguish" are both probably fake. There were a couple others, but I'm forgetting them now. There was sort of a vogue in Protestant countries for fantastical depictions of the barbarity of the Inquisition and Catholic monarchs during the early modern period and historians think a lot of these devices were likely made up then.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Duckbag posted:

The iron maiden and "pear of anguish" are both probably fake. There were a couple others, but I'm forgetting them now. There was sort of a vogue in Protestant countries for fantastical depictions of the barbarity of the Inquisition and Catholic monarchs during the early modern period and historians think a lot of these devices were likely made up then.

drat

Thank you for the detailed reply; that does make sense.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

*Sells kids that shows up in a crusade to slavers for a tidy profit. Pays off any sins on his deathbed and goes to heaven*

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

*murders hundreds in the name of god, dies by making GBS threads himself to death while on campaign*

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

noether posted:

as the 3rd son of a baron from the middle of loving nowhere, I'm considering going "questing" but then actually castrating myself and joining a pagan circle dedicated to some earth mother goddess or another. the details of what we'd worship wouldn't really matter, I'm really just interested in the castration and being a priestess part.

Update: I heard of a nice cult of Cybele down in Anatolia and headed down. Unfortunately it's run by the Turks this century. They castrated me anyway which is cool, but now I'm stuck doing clerical work in some other baron's place out in the middle of loving nowhere instead of doing cool priestess poo poo like I wanted

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Universe Master posted:

The king is so fat tha-*joke gets cut off, along with head*

What, no way! The jester is allowed to mock those in power.

*Laughs and claps like a child as the jester does his 'durr, I'm the King and I'm dumb and fat!' shtick*

*Spots some baron chuckling at it and cuts off his goddamn head!*

The jester is allowed to mock those in power!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Neutrino posted:

People are always saying that serfs had the poo poo end of the stick but if they got paid for raising veggies, what are they going to actually do with those dollars? It's not like they could run down to the 7-11 and buy a case of Coke or a pack of smokes. That poo poo wasn't invented yet!

sluts existed in the 1300s

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

sluts existed in the 1300s

yeah but you had to call them slatterns

e: or trollops

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you dont have to call them anything

just hand them a couple bits of metal with some dude you've never met's face on it (he also legally owns you lol) and make the jackoff motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Duckbag posted:

the pear is real

• Locked thread