Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Avirosb posted:

Hot take: Warcraft is Warhammer but with duller orcs.

You're not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Avirosb posted:

Hot take: Warcraft is Warhammer but with duller orcs.

duller demons too, none of them even have 6 tits and lobster claws :sigh:

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

I dont think I disliked it, but I absolutely can not remember. The lady orc killed someone and it made someone sad? I think? A man loved an orc lady? The big cool orc got turned into an old man?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I couldn't take the movie seriously anymore when that apprentice wizard showed up at the wizard city and they tell him he's banished and is never supposed to show his face there again. He says a single word and suddenly the elders are telling him their darkest secret. They go from GTFO to absolute trust in about 90 seconds. Nothing has weight to it because it happens so fast.

The costumes and backgrounds also looked like garbage and the CGI characters looked more alive than the actual actors.

It should have all been in CGI and split into 2 movies.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Actually they should have scrapped this half assed movie and just made an Arthas movie all in CGI

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I preferred the Age of Empires movie.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

extra row of teeth posted:

It was pretty ok considering Warcraft's story is rear end. Its real issue is it came out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY after everyone stopped giving a poo poo about the franchise.

Yeah, that was the weirdest part of the Warcraft movie. Blizzard was in talks over the movie since 2006 but then it was stuck in limbo and didn't start actual production until 2013. WoW's peak was around 2009/2010 and it's inexplicable how the movie didn't come out until a whole 6 or 7 years later. Apparently it went through multiple directors and rewrites, but all they needed to do was release the drat movie in any state and it would've topped the box office leading to a mega franchise years back. So loving weird how they left all that drat cash on the table.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Chomp8645 posted:

Hmm... instead of "Goon declares popular thing to be actually bad" we seem to have a case of "Goon declares unpopular thing to be actually good".

OP has pulled a Reverse Goon maneuver.

Clearly you've never been to CineD.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rough Lobster posted:

Clearly you've never been to CineD.

I am insufficiently Marxist.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
blue magic is good. green magic is bad. the orc lady has big boobs. Ben Foster is overacting his heart out as the wizard man. The part where he's in the blue magic and it starts to turn green like he's peeing in the pool is hilarious. what's not to like?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i wanna stick my dingus in the orc lady

and the queen of stormwind

and ragnar lothbrok

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dingus is a good word

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'd also gently caress the preacher/king of stormwind/ironman's dad

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ben foster too

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Having never played a Warcraft game beyond the second RTS I was dragged to see this by rabid WOW playing friends. It makes literally zero sense unless you've been poopsocking Warcraft for a decade and it looked like complete poo poo. I hope this helps you on your quest.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'd draw the line at khadgar though, that mustache was not doing it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

using fel as a noun instead of an adjective made me unreasonably upset

• Locked thread