Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
Cinnamon basil is a crime against humanity, for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"bah-zul" or "bay-zil"?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I use both interchangabley, or maybe its a cross between the two

isn't there chockolate basil now?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

caught sniffing basil at the fruit market again today. they called the cops and i had to think fast and explain to them that i need to sniff extra hard because i have a poor sense of smell.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I keep a little basil in each of my pockets.

For emergencies only.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Basil is literally named after the imperial title of the medieval (greek) roman empire. It pretty much means king of plants

I mean I love coriander too but it's hard to argue with it when it's right there in the name

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Basil is rear end NASTY

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Basil is literally named after the imperial title of the medieval (greek) roman empire. It pretty much means king of plants

I mean I love coriander too but it's hard to argue with it when it's right there in the name

Wrong, rear end in a top hat,. it's named after basil faulty cause it tastes like rear end

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wasn't there a goon a couple years ago who wanted to get extensive information about hydroponics because of all the BASIL they would be growing and selling to make a lot of money. Guys we're strictly talking about growing BASIL AND NO OTHER KIND OF PLANT.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Basil is rear end NASTY

wrong.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Basil is a snake you weirdos

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blue Train posted:

Basil is a snake you weirdos

A spicy rear end snake. :munch:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

which kind of basil? there is regular basil, holy basil, lemon basil and thai basil. thai food uses all of them for different things.

good lord, look at this guy

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
before you go after basil and cilantro, you should do your best to salt your food to its maximum potential. I mean really go for it until you learn how much salt is too much salt. Then you can start nitpicking other herbs.

Also for you high blood pressure idiots and health nuts a high level of salt means nothing other than water retention. Sweat a little bit and pee on a regular basis and you are a-ok.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Basil in my bag, swag

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I think its really loving weird how english speaking countries pronounce "Herb". instead of a normal pronounciation including the h it sounds like "urrb" or something stupid like that.

Get your act together.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Erb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Stoatbringer posted:

"bah-zul" or "bay-zil"?

bah-zuul

• Locked thread