Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So I woke up from my afternoon nap to a bunch of banging and scratching and knocking over. I thought one of my cats was acting out, but when I investigated the source of the noise I found a tiny baby rabbit. Now, I didn't get the best look, it's possible it's some kind of chinchilla or something else rabbit-like, but it sure looked like a baby rabbit from the glimpse I got (and I've seen some around in the yard before). It vamoosed before I could catch it, and I've heard it rattling about in other places since. I don't really know much about rodents so I just want to pick it up and put it somewhere outdoors, but since it's so small (and possibly moving through the walls), I'm having trouble finding it again. Does anyone have any tips for how to lure it out, how to handle it, things like that? I have two cats, and while one of them's mostly just terrified of the strange noises so far, they are hunters, and they'll probably end up killing the poor thing if it steps out in the open and they're feeling hungry, so there's a bit of a race against the clock involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My ingenious trap of "just a bag with some vegetables in it" worked and I was able to return the rabbit to his natural habitat of my neighbour's garden.

• Locked thread