Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I love craft beer. Does anyone else love craft beer? Let's talk about craft beer.

It's gotten to be a pretty big deal in the US. Homebrewing in all fifty states only fairly "recently" became legal, which gave way to the large amount of up-and-coming craft brewers we see today. So what are you drinking? What do you want to drink? What are you going to drink when you get home from work?

I GUESS you can talk about your macro brew here too. :jerkbag:

My fridge is full of Founders at the moment. I bought a four of DKML (which is a lot better than it sounds) and a fifteen pack (PA beer laws, right??) of Mosaic Promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along

by Athanatos
a friend of mine is super into beercraft online, which bridges the beer/mmo gap beautifully by providing a platform where players brew their own beers and can opt to have the SyncBrewing technology actually brew the digital beers they've crafted for three-dimensional consumption. more casual players just grow from simulated homebrew to amassing a brewing empire, but others enjoy remarkably cuthroat brewing competitions.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
You should at least be able to earn Platinum Hops without forking over real cash though. I'm a level 57 wiezenmancer and I'm basically at the point where I can't advance without paying for it.

Sing Along

by Athanatos

Jedrick posted:

You should at least be able to earn Platinum Hops without forking over real cash though. I'm a level 57 wiezenmancer and I'm basically at the point where I can't advance without paying for it.

Some of the higher tier PVP rewards can be converted into PH, but it's very limiting in that you need the kind of brewing quality only platinum hops provide in order to get to the point where your brews can be taste-competitive

----------------

Scaly Haylie

I'm just tired of the 20-man pub crawl paradigm. Sure Everclear Online did it, but that was ages ago.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 7, 2017

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like BeerHammer better

Sing Along

by Athanatos

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like BeerHammer better

they really do a great job with their cidercaster class, and I love the crisp and carbonated finishing moves. what really sold me on BeerHammer was the amazing fidelity of their stout selection

----------------

alnilam

I'll be honest, like many BeerCraft fans when I first heard WineCraft was coming out I rolled my eyes and said "it's just BeerCraft with wine!" But drat if it didn't turn out to be possibly the best game in the genre, imo. Three playable types (white, red, and blush), a surprisingly good plot in the single player campaign, and the expansion really spiced things up with a bunch of new grapes and appellations.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
I hope the next expansion is better than Rise of the Yeast Lords was at launch. Remember when you could stack Malt with Fortify Stout for obscene abv? You could hit barley wine level percentages without even specing for it.

Twenty Four

*Logs in and opens crafting menu and clicks "Beer" 20 times every day* I would do more but thats the limit on my drinking cooldown.

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust

Starman Super DX posted:

I GUESS you can talk about your macro brew here too. :jerkbag:

what about nanobreweries and, even hipper, pico breweries? they're a thing!
http://www.northwillistonbrewing.com/home/beer-terms/micro

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Twenty Four

I am a negabrewery, I consume beer but do not produce it. Piss doesn't count.

Starman Super DX

Oh you guys :rolleyes:

Good thing I didn't put more effort in the OP

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Content: THIS PLACE is an hour or so drive from me and one day my wife and I will check it out. We have a few microbreweries here in Delaware, and it looks like all over the country they're popping up.

I can't wait for the new expansion though because I'm sick of getting artifact power for my drat weapon and I want the new Herblore mount, Tommy Chong.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

iv'e brewed beer at home since before it got cool mianly bc i didn't have to be 21 to buy beer brewing supplies :twisted:

also yeah beer is really good and i'm not usually quite so glowingly positive about the sttae of things in the world and I am almost never one to say "the usa is the best usa #1 wooo" about anything because i think the whole world is pretty cool
BUT
i really do think the past 10-15 years or so have been a golden age of brewing and that american beer culture, which used to be one of the worst outside of pockets of small local breweries, has actually become the best in the world, I think US craft beer is more varied and more interesting than beer in germany, ireland, belgium, czechia... these places have excellent beer within their more narrow scope but the US just has so much interesting experimentation going on and I love it

ty manifisto

Twenty Four

Starman Super DX posted:

Oh you guys :rolleyes:

Good thing I didn't put more effort in the OP

Sometimes fun threads come from a thread that goes wild!

For beer content, I really like Anderson Valley, a smaller solar powered California brewery. Their "Winter Solstice" and "Summer Solstice" are great seasonal beers.

Twenty Four

Also I am totally max level on beers and could totally out drink anyone online.

Starman Super DX

Twenty Four posted:

Sometimes fun threads come from a thread that goes wild!

For beer content, I really like Anderson Valley, a smaller solar powered California brewery. Their "Winter Solstice" and "Summer Solstice" are great seasonal beers.

oh no, I don't mind :) it's simply the nature of the forum I've grown so very close to.

also, pretty severe hangover from... grinding... all night...

Tell me more!

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
anybody up for a raid? i have been grinding the 'bender' quest for days... honestly it's getting redundant and i'm actually losing track of time.

i want to do a high-level raid so that i can get better beer items. i need help and besides, i think we can all agree that it is ALWAYS more fun going in with a group. i'm getting frustrated because i have only been getting white/common beer items . I did get a blue/rare beer item the other day, but have only found that one. I have yet to find any rare/purple or epic/orange beer items.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

JuulPodSaveAmerica
*Had too many beers, was ruthlessly dunked on in pvp*

JuulPodSaveAmerica fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 9, 2017

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Anyone got some pizza?? Im fading here

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

alnilam posted:

iv'e brewed beer at home since before it got cool mianly bc i didn't have to be 21 to buy beer brewing supplies :twisted:

also yeah beer is really good and i'm not usually quite so glowingly positive about the sttae of things in the world and I am almost never one to say "the usa is the best usa #1 wooo" about anything because i think the whole world is pretty cool
BUT
i really do think the past 10-15 years or so have been a golden age of brewing and that american beer culture, which used to be one of the worst outside of pockets of small local breweries, has actually become the best in the world, I think US craft beer is more varied and more interesting than beer in germany, ireland, belgium, czechia... these places have excellent beer within their more narrow scope but the US just has so much interesting experimentation going on and I love it

You can easily attribute that to three things:
Grain, of which america is an amazing place to grow all kinds.
Hops, surprise surprise, america is also a great place for hops to grow.
Yeast, wyeast, white labs, all the big names of yeast are stationed right in america.

And a secret fourth:
Unceasing hatred for the state of what american beer had become.

Starman Super DX

I kinda wonder if we're approaching the end of that golden age though. there's been an over-saturation of new breweries lately and it hasn't been great for business. plus it's got the big guys running scared and trying to pick up some of the better ones.
Pretty sure that Elysian and Goose Island are dead now.

Tell me more!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Starman Super DX posted:

I kinda wonder if we're approaching the end of that golden age though. there's been an over-saturation of new breweries lately and it hasn't been great for business. plus it's got the big guys running scared and trying to pick up some of the better ones.

the wheel turns anew: the business cycle of life and death

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Starman Super DX

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

the wheel turns anew: the business cycle of life and death

:capitalism:

Tell me more!

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
For serious though, my city is jam packed with killer breweries.

Fat Tug IPA might be my favorite beer, and I don't even like IPAs that much.

There's also Blue Buck which might as well be the official ale of Victoria.

Scaly Haylie

Splatmaster posted:

I can't wait for the new expansion though because I'm sick of getting artifact power for my drat weapon and I want the new Herblore mount, Tommy Chong.

I hate that I understand this.

alnilam

Starman Super DX posted:

I think we're approaching a point where some of the lower performers might start to die out, but actually the fact that there are a zillion little breweries gives me hope that they won't all be gobbled up by corporations

Like before you get too sad about inbev buying Breckenridge just think about how many good tiny breweries totally off the corporate radar there are in your town

In short drink locally!

Starman Super DX

it's okay I never liked Breckenridge anyway :v:

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hate that I understand this.

it's kind of shocking to me that I don't. it's difficult for me to come up with good jokes about MMOs because I never got in deep enough except that three months I spent wasting my life on Ragnarok.

Tell me more!

Macnult

A level 12 paladin equipped with a blessed cold one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

My arena partner had a bit too much to drink last night - gave tower humping a whole new meaning :yikes:

• Locked thread