Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I havent played 7 but watching someone stream it i was really confused why you just kill the same 1 enemy a hundred times

the beginning of the game is good because there aren't as many molded and it gets broken up by the boss fights, which are pretty unique and cool. Jack is incredibly memorable compared to the RE antagonists for like the past 10 years.

Then you get to the ship and it's grey corridors where you shoot black goo, and there's like a flashback sequence of you doing the exact same thing on the same boat, and it loving blows.

so of course for the DLC you get to punch goo in a dark swamp, or shoot goo in mining tunnels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the beginning of the game is good because there aren't as many molded and it gets broken up by the boss fights, which are pretty unique and cool. Jack is incredibly memorable compared to the RE antagonists for like the past 10 years.

Then you get to the ship and it's grey corridors where you shoot black goo, and there's like a flashback sequence of you doing the exact same thing on the same boat, and it loving blows.

so of course for the DLC you get to punch goo in a dark swamp, or shoot goo in mining tunnels.

The Jack garage fight and then the downstairs one with the scissors chainsaws are both loving amazing. Those kind of moments make it rly hard to me to compare the game to Steam walking simulator horror games like Amnesia like some people do. I also liked that scrounging around for resources felt both risky and rewarding, I found a ton of cool stuff but it was scary looking for it. But yeah the game opens wayyyyy better than it closes good lord

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hot take: Jack and Marguerite are better than Wesker.

Put Jack in Marvel vs Capcom 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The jack car fight is the funniest part of the game but I'm still not sure how I beat it or what you're even supposed to do

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The jack car fight is the funniest part of the game but I'm still not sure how I beat it or what you're even supposed to do

I grabbed the keys before he could and got in the car and ran him over but apparently that's totally optional and unnecessary, the knowledge of which really warmed me on the game initially . That's a funny as hell way to finish the fight

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

You can grab the gun off the ground and shoot him, or get the car keys and ram him with the car.

If you hit him a bunch he can actually get in the car I think.

Sooner or later everything gets in fire and you climb up out on a ladder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He pulled me out of the car and whooped my rear end whenever I tried to get in the drivers seat so I eventually just did it melee only by circle strafing and taking potshots at the front seat lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

He pulled me out of the car and whooped my rear end whenever I tried to get in the drivers seat so I eventually just did it melee only by circle strafing and taking potshots at the front seat lol

I think you have to grab the keys like immediately (only was able to do so by reloading a saved game) but it gives you like actual car driving controls and lets you run him down. I did so a few times and he jumped in the passengers seat and grabbed the wheel and drove us towards a set of steel beams which managed to impale his head but barely not mine. Honestly if every fight in RE7 was that weird and dynamic i think the game would be a masterpiece but I did that boss battle in like the first 2 hours of my savefile and nothing after felt so cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly the worst part about the game is that every single cutscene is unskippable, it's the only one I probably will never replay and I liked it well enough. I started a Madhouse NG+ and after like 30 minutes had to stop

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Madhouse seems cool but the limited saves freak me off of it even tho I know that's an RE thing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Honestly the worst part about the game is that every single cutscene is unskippable, it's the only one I probably will never replay and I liked it well enough. I started a Madhouse NG+ and after like 30 minutes had to stop

It’s like so crazy watching speedruns. They have to go through all these cutscene poo poo only to reset when Jack grabs them after they get the first key

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

speedrunning goes too far with that poo poo imho... I mean if youre just doing it for personal satisfaction or whatever, more power to you but trying to watch a speed run of this game does not sound entertaining

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

speedrunning goes too far with that poo poo imho... I mean if youre just doing it for personal satisfaction or whatever, more power to you but trying to watch a speed run of this game does not sound entertaining

The structure of this post is kind of giving me a headache

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Sophistication posted:

The structure of this post is kind of giving me a headache

its called a sentance bitch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I think it's the way you go from talking about doing speedruns to watching them. Maybe I'm just retarded though

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

just dl resident evil, i am such a pussy with horror games so let’s see how far I can get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Which one? Re classic?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I beat Remake. Fun game

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

Which one? Re classic?

Yeah. The prerendered backgrounds are gorgeous.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Sophistication posted:

I think it's the way you go from talking about doing speedruns to watching them. Maybe I'm just retarded though

i had to give up caffeine and i think im probably retarded now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

just dl resident evil, i am such a pussy with horror games so let’s see how far I can get

I was too scared to play past the first hour or so as a kid but it doesn't really hold up as that scary now, just atmospheric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was too scared to play past the first hour or so as a kid but it doesn't really hold up as that scary now, just atmospheric

yeah it’s creepy af but not a lot of jump scares or anything. i ended up playing nearly an hour without saving and died trying to take the mansion key despite the multiple warnings I would die.

• Locked thread