Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Blazing Zero posted:

its weird but its not as if he setup shop in front of her house to have randos at her door all day and night

will he play requests and is he any good?

:goonsay:

It's you, you're the goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

I was a college student once but I don't know if I want to sleep with you yet. stats?

unless you're at least 12 years younger than me it's no deal, why else would I learn piano and make a public spectacle of myself.

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

fast cars loose anus posted:

Everything about this is normal creepy attachment except comparing her to Rapunzel, who uses that as their go-to princess comparison?

e: well its not normal but these days the scale is off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QF7mbsd10

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I hope chavs threaten to beat his rear end the moment he stops playing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

loled at weenus

When I made the OP I thought "weenus" was just a synonym for "weenie" (i.e. a pathetic or embarrassing person), but Urban Dictionary says it's the loose skin on your elbow

Still kinda fits

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

it's me, im the weenus in the op

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This dweeb did play on (Saturday) the day of the protest, but "was forced to begin a bit later than planned":
https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/playing-piano-love-college-green/

Gotta love all the idiotic PC "Oh no, he's abusing her with a piano!"-type comments. He hasn't publicly named his ex girlfriend, and unless she's insane she probably finds him as threatening as a small wet sack of sand.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

fast cars loose anus posted:

Everything about this is normal creepy attachment except comparing her to Rapunzel, who uses that as their go-to princess comparison?

e: well its not normal but these days the scale is off

I wonder why the story of a woman who's been raised in almost total isolation and has never even seen a man before meeting her prince would resonate so strongly with a broke brain "romantic."

:thunk:

E:

BigBadSteve posted:

Gotta love all the idiotic PC "Oh no, he's abusing her with a piano!"-type comments. He hasn't publicly named his ex girlfriend, and unless she's insane she probably finds him as threatening as a small wet sack of sand.

While love bombing can be a real abuse tactic, what I find so striking about this dude is not so much his "abusiveness" as his comical self-centeredness. His stunt doesn't seem to have anything to do with "Rapunzel" herself. It's all about him and his feelings and everybody seeing what a tortured artist he is. I imagine "Rapunzel" is more embarrassed than anything else.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 11, 2017

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What a bell end

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Pththya-lyi posted:

While love bombing can be a real abuse tactic, what I find so striking about this dude is not so much his "abusiveness" as his comical self-centeredness. His stunt doesn't seem to have anything to do with "Rapunzel" herself. It's all about him and his feelings and everybody seeing what a tortured artist he is. I imagine "Rapunzel" is more embarrassed than anything else.

That was my first thought, too - how embarrassed I would be if anyone knew to associate me with this moron. "OH, that's your ex?" Poor woman.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Pththya-lyi posted:

When I made the OP I thought "weenus" was just a synonym for "weenie" (i.e. a pathetic or embarrassing person), but Urban Dictionary says it's the loose skin on your elbow

Still kinda fits

huh i thought that too, i guess that might be usesful in the unlikely situation we have to refer to elbow skin

is the dude still playing piano?

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
if this were america someone would kick sand in his face and steal his piano and it would be a net positive for the world

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

the elbow skin thing isn't a real anatomical term, it's something that fifth graders made up so they could say a word that sounds like "penis" with the plausible deniability of it referring to an innocent body part

sierramike76
Mar 27, 2010

Turns out he did get punched in the head.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/piano-man-stops-playing-claims-461313

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

sierramike76 posted:

Turns out he did get punched in the head.
]

:getin:

Good. Creep.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did anyone post any good street piano? I'm not going to give the weenus no mind.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/bristol-piano-player-got-punched-head-thats-not-stopped-playing/

He released a statement about why he's stopping (Thank goodness for small favors). I want to point out a choice quote:

Weenus posted:

I do not blame or in fact feel anything negative towards anyone who has commented on what I decided to do. On the contrary, the lack of understanding just reminds me of how very rare a thing pure love actually is and even though it has hurt me so deeply, I was very lucky to have felt it at all.

"I feel so sorry for the poor plebeians who criticized me, clearly they can't understand how pure and true my love is."

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

...and the pitch! posted:

Did anyone post any good street piano? I'm not going to give the weenus no mind.

I got you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8xmSlMb1dg

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That video makes me so mad because he is just wailing and people are barely paying attention because of transit.

fake edit: not truly angry. I could never be mad at the way that guy probably says boogie woogie.

e2: I'm the weenus

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 12, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

He's a grandstanding dweeb for sure but it's not like he named her so it's a bit dumb to call what he did controlling or stalkerish. The whole tone about her having the "right" to leave him and how he wasn't "entitled" to a girlfriend was almost more eyeroll worthy than his performance in the first place.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

That video makes me so mad because he is just wailing and people are barely paying attention because of transit.

fake edit: not truly angry. I could never be mad at the way that guy probably says boogie woogie.

e2: I'm the weenus

Lol yeah Styx!!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sorry

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dude needs to keep playing imho.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

myDad posted:

Lol yeah Styx!!

There's a makeover video where that tramp got a haircut and a walmart shopping trip. It's Florida local news. Maybe I should just link it. He get another shot in life!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

same, violence against people with mental issues is ebic as H*CK

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

A happy ending. Good work, everybody!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STixrDVEBrU]

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
goood thread

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Pththya-lyi posted:

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/bristol-piano-player-got-punched-head-thats-not-stopped-playing/

He released a statement about why he's stopping (Thank goodness for small favors). I want to point out a choice quote:

now i kinda wanna punch the guy but i guess vicariously is good enough

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

now i kinda wanna punch the guy but i guess vicariously is good enough

How can we turn this back around to support the arts but gently caress this guy in particular? Do we have to form a coalition.

Voltraine
Feb 8, 2017

by Smythe
Goldmine for future generations to know his shame.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If he stops playing the piano and gets a loving job his girlfriend might take him back.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

How can we turn this back around to support the arts but gently caress this guy in particular? Do we have to form a coalition.

maybe a weenus scholarship program?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
also this couldnt have happened to a nicer guy heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

He's a grandstanding dweeb for sure but it's not like he named her so it's a bit dumb to call what he did controlling or stalkerish. The whole tone about her having the "right" to leave him and how he wasn't "entitled" to a girlfriend was almost more eyeroll worthy than his performance in the first place.

Yea people have really turned into angry retards in the past decade it's really nuts. it's like the comments section of the internet has become real life.

• Locked thread