Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Please welcome to the team nine-gear crow and Blind Sally!
May they dance with the angels
May they update Prince of Persia
View Results

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
As a lot of you have probably guessed, Mega64 and I are mad as hell that nine-gear crow talked us into enforcing his angel tax thread gimmick. It's driven Mega round the bend especially. It's gotten so bad that he's had to step down from the mod team (for this and, supposedly, other, more mundane reasons). We knew, though - I think we had always known - who was going to be burdened with his duties.

LP subforum, please welcome your newest moderator, nine-gear crow!

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

I am further delighted to announce that an old friend has expressed a wish to once again take up the blue star and punishment buttons. And so, let us welcome back Blind Sally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
SUCKERS

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This is a horrible joke. :gas: the thread and perma those fuckers.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Demod both of these sentient spongesocks immediately.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

My thoughts and atheist prayers are with everyone who got infected by the mod virus.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Putty posted:

Demod both of these sentient spongesocks immediately.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
glhf

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

> get sword

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

So the punishment for rock-paper-scissors-supervillainy is having to read every single post in the LP forum?

:getin:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Finally the vengeance the RPS world has craved for so long.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The crow has finally been punished, but at what cost? All Blind Sally just wanted to do was play scissors. :(

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
And now both Crow and Blind Sally can go dance with the angels.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I must have missed something. What the hell is the angel tax?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Something from the Ace Combat thread people can say to get probated, like Lazy Bear above you. There's a contest to see who gets probated the most.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Double Punctuation posted:

Something from the Ace Combat thread people can say to get probated, like Lazy Bear above you. There's a contest to see who gets probated the most.

^^^^

The long and short of it was that it started as a joke to try and dissuade people from using a particularly cringey phrase from the game in the thread with 6 hour probations, with a reward whoever got probated the most at the end of the LP, thinking 'oh I'll only get a couple of people actually going for it', when it turns out THE WHOLE loving THREAD WON'T STOP SAYING IT.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
clearly you gave this as much thought as the enemy nation did in it's invasion planes or for that matter the devs did with the story

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

nine-gear crow posted:

^^^^

The long and short of it was that it started as a joke to try and dissuade people from using a particularly cringey phrase from the game in the thread with 6 hour probations, with a reward whoever got probated the most at the end of the LP, thinking 'oh I'll only get a couple of people actually going for it', when it turns out THE WHOLE loving THREAD WON'T STOP SAYING IT.

You did throw down the gauntlet. "It's just a 6 hour probation," you said. "Eat it and move on," you said. "Your rap sheet could use the color."

Well, who's laughing now, Crow? Who's laughing now?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
you knew this would happen, crow

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
They're right, you know. You taunted us, and then you put up a prize. The prize could have been a pile of dog poo poo spray-painted gold, and some motherfuckers would still be ready to go to extreme lengths for it. Now you pay the price.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

But you could have an out.

If they use that exact phase, they get a 6-hour probation.

If they use some variation of that phrase, they get a probation.

Do you think the admins would understand how tax brackets work?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

oh gently caress me

I talk to these two loonies all day in discord and they were a pair then, now they're a pair of mods too? Now I can't make fun of Dash Rendar OR Ace Combat! Nor can I yell at crow about TEW2013!

Can't wait to be probated into next Tuesday every Wednesday. :v:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

FPzero posted:

Or, in other words, you'll gladly post Tuesday for a probation today.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

^^^^

personally i cant believe crow would do something that would backfire horribly who knew such a thing could happen

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Congratulations, new moderators! Good luck!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FPzero posted:

Six more days! D;

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hello, tax office? I would like to complain that I was taxed when I shouldn't of been as my application for substitution was accepted and the original went through still. I would also like to complain about the speed of these new tax collectors, for adding on two new collectors the speed feels the same. There are too many idiots dancing instead of talking about planes. Or wrestling.

FPzero posted:

oh gently caress me

I talk to these two loonies all day in discord and they were a pair then, now they're a pair of mods too? Now I can't make fun of Dash Rendar OR Ace Combat! Nor can I yell at crow about TEW2013!

Third complaint is WHERE IS THE WRESTLING

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

Third complaint is WHERE IS THE WRESTLING

Do what Fae did and make your own wrestling league.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

3d is for gaijin. You know what I want Crow.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

nine-gear crow posted:

Wrestle with the fairies?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Congratulations to Mega64 on having escaped the hell of the mod's star. :unsmith:

Condolences to Blind Sally and nine-gear crow for becoming the two newest heads of the hydra. :unsmigghh:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Rest in power, blind crow and sally

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
the sooner he finishes the LP the sooner the dancing with stop. assuming project aces don't make an even stupider thing in 7 :v:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Putty posted:

Rest in power, blind crow and sally

:same:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Good. Good. Let the moderation flow through you!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope the new mods are capable of making more informative probation reasons than mega64

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ugh its Troika posted:

I hope the new mods are capable of making more informative probation reasons than mega64

Let's play more like Let's get pwned

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Grudge match between Dash Rendar and Dr. Shockrocket when

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ugh its Troika posted:

You died doing what you loved

everything badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

I don't even remember why I have Troika on ignore, but I assume it was a good choice.

• Locked thread