Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
this game is so damngood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

demod yourself so i can put you on ignore

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played this through on hard mode and it's pretty good but it highlighted some issues. Like...it's not a fast game. Unless some speed runners find a bug the speedrun clear screen is for 4 hours which is really long for a metroid game. Also 100% Under 4 hours probably just won't be possible because of the structure of the game with the Metroids trigggering liquid level drops. Again, unless people find some insane speed bug tech. It's halfway between being a good 2D Action game ala the DS era Castlevania games and being a good metroid game, so it's kinda...fine

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've seen sub 2 hours for any% anyway. But yeah this game has always just looked "ok" so I'm not interested in playing it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

I've seen sub 2 hours for any% anyway. But yeah this game has always just looked "ok" so I'm not interested in playing it
Thanks for the update.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

In Training posted:

Like...it's not a fast game
Gamma Metroids are the worst for making this game feel slow as gently caress, also there's a lot of weird design decisions like having morph ball tunnels where you have to bomb like three or four squares in a row for no apparent reason

The game is really fun but I don't see myself ever replaying it, it's kinda hamstrung by being too faithful to the original Metroid 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Cobalt Viper posted:

Thanks for the update.

This is a forum for discussion you gangly bitch

• Locked thread