Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Many of you know that I do a Jesus on the Cross balloon.
What am I saying? It's easy to imagine that many of you do this balloon
as well, since I have sold well over 1,000 copies of that specific
instructional video. Anyway, what you don't know, is that on three seperate
occasions I made the figure "biblically correct". He was totally exposed
and completely uncovered that day. I made that balloon minus the loincloth
and fully equiped because I wanted to see it all - as it really was.

I have never made this figure in this way for public display, nor would I.
I dare say that you could count on one hand the number of people, other
than myself, who have ever seen it done this way.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I agree that one should take thought of such events
like the shuttle crash, but to take it as a death in
the family is a bit much. Those who ride the shuttle
know they are chosing a high explosive job. When I
twist balloons, balloons pop. That's the dangers of
the trade, the part I don't enjoy. The same can be
said for riding the shuttle. Not for the faint
hearted. I'm sure they're riding high now, no more
need for air miles.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I figure that a VERY large mouse (like Stuart Little) would weight about
half as much as a balloon weight that would hold down a 16" round. . . I
couldn't find the actually weight of balloon weight, so I am hazarding a
guess. . . and that through the magic os preparedness (we won't even
talk about computerized special affects), the balloon would have had
enough helium escape that they could pull off the floating routine at
the right moment after enough helium has escaped. . . or simply use a
smaller round. . . or simply weight Stuart's pockets with fishing
weights. . . . or PERHAPS the special effects man just worked his magic.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

His wife came to me a little bit later and told me that he had been going through some things and that balloon figure and what it represented was just what he needed. The power that we hold in our hands, as we fashion things out of little tubes of rubber! As we twist for people, just remember, as cool as our fabulous creations are, they will all eventually pop. People will remember you, long after the balloon is gone, by how you touched their lives.

Keep on Twistin!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Keep on twistin'.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

> I refuse to let acts of terrorism stop me from living my life the way I
choose. They want you to be afraid. They want you to stop.
> You can resist, you can fight back. Do what I did today.
> I went to the local airport figuring that the travelers needed some stress
reduction. I made balloons for 2 hours, till the airport was deserted. I
KNOW I helped both the staff and public.
> Then, I went and did balloons for the rest of the day at a blood bank.
There were so many people there, We all had to make appointments.(Mine is
next week)
> Do not cower in fear, but use your abilities to help, and we will all
overcome!!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Keep on twistin'.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In the movie Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery, one of the many utterly ucky penis-substitution visuals was one of those wiggly worm balloons by Unique. It wasn't even one with a HAPPY face. The poor balloon knew it was being used in a tired over-done sight gag. It's look of unhappy chagrin was pitiful to behold. Somebody pop that thing and put it out of its misery!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

come now, let's keep this on topic.

here's some real games content:

quote:

Circus-Linux
Created By: by New Breed Software
Description: Circus Linux! is a clone of the Atari 2600 game "Circus Atari," produced by Atari, Inc. The object is to move a teeter-totter back and forth across the screen to bounce clowns up into the air. When they reach the top, they pop rows of balloons and then fall back down. If you don't catch one, you lose a clown! Features include:

Game Modes:
One- and two-players.
Two-player cooperative.
Barriers mode.
Bouncy balloons mode.
Clear-all mode.
Graphics:
Colorful, cartoon-like images.
Animated objects and background.
Nearly 70 objects on screen at once.
Fullscreen mode.
Random circus acts in the background.
Sound:
Upbeat circus-style music.
Many cartoonish sound effects.
Sound and music volume controls.
Controls:
Mouse.
Joystick.
Minimum System Requirements:

PowerMacintosh (PowerPC)
16 MB free RAM
MacOS ? or later
DrawSprocket 1.7 or later
InputSprocket 1.7 or later (if you have a joystick)
Display capable of thousands of colors @ 640x480
Purchase Information: This game is freeware.

Download (2.5MB) from: ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/nbs/unix/x/circus-linux/circuslinux-1.0.1.sit
or from http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/balloonware/apple/games/circuslinux-1.0.1.sit.hqx

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is this like a gaming deals site

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Patch Adams Warning: Balloon animals were mistreated and harmed during the filming of this movie! Weak hearts better not be near! The balloon scene is quick and harsh - the guns shoot off severely and swiftly. Look quickly and see cool creations in the bedlam! The animals you can best view are the pink elephant, the alligator hat, red dog, blue monkey, and the pink poodle.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

eonwe posted:

is this like a gaming deals site

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In The Mask the main character makes balloon animals in one scene. Watch the balloon animal part in slow motion as his black balloon morphs into a Thompson submachine gun with 50 round drum magazine and a pistol grip forearm. Now that's a VERY cool trick!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Enemy Bomber Balloons
Created By: Chess Piece Face laura@wjford.com
Created/Maintained by Alan Glenn

Description: Enemy Bomber Balloons is a challenging shoot-em up where you control a cannon which blasts a never-ending supply of bomb-dropping balloons. Catch care packages with special ammunition to make your task easier. Try to shoot more than one balloon with the same bullet to get big bonus points (sometimes 100,000 points with one shot!). Enemy Bomber Balloons doesn't require a lot of memory or depend on a PowerPC chip to run well. Enemy Bomber Balloons gives decent performance on a 68030 and is even better on an 68040. Performs well on slower 601's and great on 604's. However, the arcade game concept is simple, but addictive: blast the balloons off the screen before they hit the ground. Best of all, Enemy Bomber Balloons is freeware!
Minimum System Requirements: System 7 or later, 68020 or higher, a Mac capable of 32-bit addressing, and a monitor which is at least 640 x 480 and can display 256 colors. This includes about 99.999% of all Macs.

Purchase Information: Freeware

Download (427.3K) from: the official site http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Garage/9373/ebb.html
or from http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/balloonware/apple/games/ebb1.4.hqx

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

come now, let's keep this on topic.

here's some real games content:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

My Best Friend's Wedding: a large number of people from the Northern Illinois QBN were on the crew. There were about 115 of us there to inflate 5,000 pastel pearl balloons... we also had to do many air filled ones to lie on the tennis court. We started at about 3:15 AM and had to be finished by 6:00 AM, but we finished way ahead of time... cause we're sooooo fast! We got to hang around to watch the filming... it was a GREAT experience and I was so glad to have been asked to participate, but Cheryl and Frank deserve ALL the credit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Just saw a news feed about a company in Florida, Eternal Ascent. They offer an ingenious way to spread the ashes of a deceased pet... the ashes are placed in a 3 foot latex balloon and after a long, tearful adieu, the pet owner reluctantly releases the balloon, where, according to the reporter, it climbs to 5000 feet, at which time the balloon freezes and bursts, spreading crystallized ashes over the tear laden land below! Hmmmmmmmm...... if it works for pets... why not Aunt Bessie, too!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jump Zampoli
Created By: RampZamp Software http://www.rampzamp.com/jumpzamp.html
Description: The Zampoli acrobats catapult themselves with help of a seesaw into the air to burst balloons as artistically as possible. Unfortunately, fairies and goblins have prepared the balloons with surprises and traps. You must help the little Zampolis. Jump Zampoli attracts young and old with its sensational graphics and intelligent gameplay for hours. Because it is absolutely violence-free, it is suitable even for the youngest among us. Master 64 levels in 8 stages with a Boss Balloon at the end of each stage. Face 86 different balloons with many special items and two different refelction models. Some balloons and all Bosses are animated.The game features 5 songs and 4 aural atomspheres for the background plus a variety of high quality sound effects with true stereo localization. Download a free demo which allows you to play 8 levels. Here's a review: http://www.macshareware.com/reviews/jump.zampoli.review.shtml

Minimum System Requirements: PowerMac with System 7.1 or higher and at least 7 MB of free memory after system reboot. We recommend a 7300/7500/7600/8500 or 8600 with 4MB VRAM on the internal gfx card, MacOS 8 and Apple Game Sprockets(included).

Purchase Information: Shareware: Free demo, $20.00 to register and unlock the full version.

Download (7MB) from: http://www.rampzamp.com/download/MacOS/JumpZampoli1.03.sit.bin
or from http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/balloonware/apple/games/JumpZampoli1.03.sit.bin

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

HI,

I have prepared a brief tutorial on adult balloons.
Those of you who would like to receive it should e-mail me
privately and I will respond privately.
Those who do not wish to receive this message should not respond
in any way to this post.
I am trying to be as polite as possible and hope that we can all
be ADULT about this.

Thank you and have a great day
Tim McConeghy
Lord of Latex

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In the 12 years I've been twisting, (Yes, 16-12=4, I made my first red three twist dog when I was four!), I've mostly kept to myself. Along the way, I'd meet a couple balloon artists here and there, but still had no contacts. A few years ago, I discovered the balloon twisting community, and boy, did it change my balloon twisting life.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

It was just a matter of time before balloon artists would be treated like
rock stars. Well, today was the day. I finished a show this afternoon to
the usual applause. Then suddenly an auditorium full of kids rushed the
stage. Some of the camp counselors ducked behind chairs while the larger
ones grabbed kids and pulled them back. While I was trying to fend off
kids and protect my equipment at the same time, the guy in charge mumbled,
"I'm getting flashbacks to a Who concert." When a few of them stopped by
after the chaos ended, they just said they wanted souvenirs to go home
with. Luckily only one minor injury came out of it and I managed to
recover all of my equipment. In the thousands of stage shows I've done, I
never saw anything like this before.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Maybe you would like something more educational? I am not sure if I can condone this one due to the violence against balloons being the main focus though. But it is a high explosive job!

I Spy: Balloon Popper
Created By: Scholastic
Description: Based on Scholastic's best-selling I SPY books, the I Spy CD-ROM contains seven visually engaging and interrelated games in which children can practice logic, strategic thinking, visual observation, and problem-solving skills. One of the games, Balloon Popper, asks players to solve riddles and explore other areas of I Spy in order to find the missing piece to build outrageous "Rube Goldberg" type mechanical contraptions that come alive and pop a balloon upon completion. I Spy is recommended for kids aged 5 through 9, though younger players may require help. Over 1,300 object-and-word searches are built into hundreds of riddles and activities, assuring hours of extraordinary game play and a totally unique puzzle challenge. Children will love I Spy's visually rich and entertaining games, and parents will appreciate the important cognitive skills it teaches.

Minimum System Requirements: Macintosh 33 MHz 68L040 or faster processor, System 7.1 or later, 7000 KB available RAM, 5 MB hard disk space available, 640 X 480 display with 256 colors, Double-speed CD-ROM drive. Now also available for Windows.

Purchase Information: Available at your favorite software store or call 1-800- SCHOLASTIC (1-800-724-6527) Estimated Price: $29.95

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I have made a fire fighter and am taking it to the
local paper with a press release saying that I am
twisting on that day, where I will be twisting and that
I am twisting balloons free. I will let you know how
it goes.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Busy Little Brains: Balloon-Popping Game
Created By: Enchanted Learning Software
Description: This http://www.enchantedlearning.com/blbfolder/sortedgames/AlphaBalloons.shtml is one of the 41 activities your child can play in Busy Little Brains. This is a letter-recognition game. Gabby says a letter, and you try to pop the balloon with that letter on it.

You can pop a balloon by clicking on the balloon or by typing a letter. Whenever you pop a balloon, you will see a picture of something that starts with that letter. If it is the correct balloon, you also get a gold star. See if you can get all 26 letters right, as you listen to Mozart playing in the background.

This activity is wonderful for learning to associate the spoken letters with the written letters. In the process, children learn the letters and also the numbers, as they keep score of their progress. In addition, it can be useful for teaching typing and using the mouse.

Minimum System Requirements: Macintosh computer (or compatible), 8 MB or more of RAM, Double speed CD-ROM drive or faster, Color screen supporting 256 colors (8-bit color mode), System 7.0 or later. Printer optional.

Purchase Information: Available at http://www.zoomschool.com/Busylittlebrains.html Estimated Price: $24.99

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

>Hi there..i just put up my new webpage!! Click the link below to see
>my party pics and to also see my absolutely free webcam!!! :heart:
>xoxoxox

BE CAREFUL!!! This is not a balloon person! This is a Porn Website.
Absolutely NOTHING to do with balloons!!!!!

Powers that be should check this out, how it got to be posted!

Definitely goes beyond our blue balloon thread!!!

Sorry, it freaked me out when I saw it here!
It's bad enough having to delete these in my e-mail, but to have it here
is unthinkable!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Subject: Re: a possiable rating syatem for post
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:27:55 +1000

>"if it's gospel oriented lets put a G
>if it's faced toward adult context put a A
>if it's just a normal post then don't put anything "

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:27:55 +1000

>"if it's gospel oriented lets put a G
>if it's faced toward adult context put a A
>if it's just a normal post then don't put anything "
Now there's a moderation system I can get behind

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

baloons are sexy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

What's your favorite balloon game? I'm not one for "blue" games myself but I hope we'll see some balloon action again soon. It would be perfect for the Switch!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Can you imagine feeling a virtual balloon on the go with the power of HD Rumble? Electrifying! Nintendo could even do it in house, make it so you unlock a balloon for every amiibo. They would make a fortune!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wait, I got a brilliant idea. You remember those shake flashlight things that used to be all the rage? How about that but balloon themed with Joycons! Just shake the controllers like you're rubbing balloons to make static appear on the screen. Addresses the battery life issue and gives you some good clean family fun while you "go green". Wow!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh poo poo I forgot, the microphone on the 3DS might be really useful too. So people blowing balloons up by blowing on their 3DS could compete against people using their HD Rumble hand pumps on the Switch! Let's get some true cross platform gameplay going! That would be a real "twist"!

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
balloons are dumb and weak

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Scorps posted:

balloons are dumb and weak
Have you tried a 260? I don't think so, or you wouldn't make such an uninformed statement. There's no need to "burst" our balloons before you've tried it for yourself!

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
hot drat that's a lot of probations Stux

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cuck lol

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
Ahhh baloons

  • Locked thread