Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Me and some other goons made a thing. It's posted in GBS but I'm just going to go ahead and post it here too, because I shared some early bits of it in the TRUMP thread a while back and people seemed to like it.

Hardcore Prophecy: The Trump of Doom tells the story of the 2020 presidential election, and how the USA becomes a theocratic regime under the leadership of the new messiah, Donald Trump. It doesn't end well for America. The story is narrated by Dan Carlin, but he didn't actually say any of this. Like my previous project Son of Strelka, this album was put together by taking thousands of short audio clips and reassembling them into an entirely different story. In this case the text comes from the podcasts Hardcore History and Common Sense. The video was put together from a combination of existing footage and new stuff made by awesome goons in this very forum.

Be aware that the video contains blood, guts, boobs, butts, and presidential wieners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYeTmHHZQM :nws:

or

https://vimeo.com/234086257 :nws:

If you want to download the album, it's free here:

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Dan_Warren/Hardcore_Prophecy_The_Trump_of_Doom/

Thanks to Paladinus there's also a torrent file with both the audio and video here:

https://www.demonoid.pw/files/details/3661092/?rel=1505523921

Feel free to share all of the above wherever you want.

mofolotopo has issued a correction as of 04:42 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've seen clips of this and it's shocking how loving well put together it is, I highly reccomend it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

This is a wonderful thing you've done here

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Over Easy posted:

This is a wonderful thing you've done here

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Taintrunner posted:

I've seen clips of this and it's shocking how loving well put together it is, I highly reccomend it.

I definitely built some skills between Son of Strelka and this thing, but it still takes a hell of a long time. This one was about two years from start to finish. I'm thinking about some ways to streamline the most time-consuming part of the process, though, so maybe the next one will be easier.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Wow, amazing work. Let's cross our fingers and hope this prophecy comes true.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm ready to get my congressional gently caress on.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
This is incredible, congratulations. It's a goddamn shame it has so few views on Youtube because it's brilliant and technically excellent

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

hackbunny posted:

This is incredible, congratulations. It's a goddamn shame it has so few views on Youtube because it's brilliant and technically excellent

Thanks! It got a lot of traffic in the first 48 hours, but since then it's been pretty steadily getting a couple hundred hits per day. That's not awful, but I'm hoping that it picks up more as people repost it on social media and whatnot.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

This is so insanely good, literally. It's extra awesome because there's a nonzero chance that 50% or more of this actually comes to pass! :smith:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The characterization of the Democratic party is the best part

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Grondoth posted:

Very glad to hear you say that; I did those bits more for personal catharsis than anything else, and I wasn't sure anyone but me would enjoy them.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

So this died, huh? Dan Carlin appears to know about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceItMiYZe9Y&t=1148s

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
that's loving rad

your awesome op :yayclod:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
this is so loving good, it really is

so my only suggestion is that we find a way to viralize it and somehow get it on infowars

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

holy poo poo :trumppop:

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

BraveUlysses posted:

this is so loving good, it really is

so my only suggestion is that we find a way to viralize it and somehow get it on infowars

That would be fantastic, but I'm kinda clueless about how to do that. Slip it under Alex Jones' door on a burned DVD with a heavily redacted fake letter from the government saying it was sent back in time from the future?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oh lordy I just got notified that this got selected for a Venezuelan short film festival, but they want it to have Spanish subtitles. Gonna see if the wife is down to translate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This is incredibly good. Extremely unsettling that you began it a year before the election and it still works perfectly.

Also, this:

Grondoth posted:

• Locked thread