Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
maybe it's made up post-apocalyptic words? the films set a precedent for that what with "word burgers" and "pocky-clipse" and especially whatever else nonsense the Lost Tribe came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Boojum is a critter from The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll.

"'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
And never be met with again!'

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
My new head cannon is that Chumbucket is Alice and this is his own personal wonderland. Scrotus is the Cheshire cat I guess?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I love weird machine cultists. Chum's little lines as you drive around the wasteland and fight random encounters are really charming.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blackmage Yapo posted:

My new head cannon is that Chumbucket is Alice and this is his own personal wonderland. Scrotus is the Cheshire cat I guess?

Max is Alice, Chumbucket is the Rabbit, Scrotus is the Queen of Hearts, Griffa is the Cheshire Cat.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Back Hack posted:

I don't know if it's been mention, but after you blow up an enemy vehicle you can harpoon the bits of scrap off the ground directly into your inventory, you don't necessarily have to get out of your car to pick it up.

I don't recall this ever being mentioned anywhere in the game (unless I really haven't been paying attention). I didn't even know you could do this after playing through it 3-4 times now. To me constantly stopping to run around picking poo poo up isn't worth it when you only get ~12-25 scrap per car on average, getting the Cleanup Crew project finished for each stronghold can help you add a bit more to your pile as the game goes on but since it's pretty much raining scrap by the end game there's not much point. The refresh time between harpoon shots would probably take just as long in all honesty.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Bruceski posted:

Max is Alice, Chumbucket is the Rabbit, Scrotus is the Queen of Hearts, Griffa is the Cheshire Cat.

...It's weird how much sense that all makes.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I don't recall this ever being mentioned anywhere in the game (unless I really haven't been paying attention). I didn't even know you could do this after playing through it 3-4 times now. To me constantly stopping to run around picking poo poo up isn't worth it when you only get ~12-25 scrap per car on average, getting the Cleanup Crew project finished for each stronghold can help you add a bit more to your pile as the game goes on but since it's pretty much raining scrap by the end game there's not much point. The refresh time between harpoon shots would probably take just as long in all honesty.

I was wrong and was actually thinking of the loot you pick up in storms.

To make up for this bad, here is a good tip the game never tells you, if you see a rat or lizard and hit it, you can eat it for some quick health. :v:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Ah, okay, that makes more sense then. If you want to take that a step further you can cheese the storms and gain a lot of loot quickly by just driving to a nearby stronghold or friendly camp once you get a warning, wait for the storm to hit and for the loot boxes to appear on the minimap then driving into the stronghold/camp. Doing so will immediately end the storm but the crates remain behind so you can loot them to your heart's content without being stuck by lightning or flying sheet metal.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 18, 2017

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Ah, okay, that makes more sense then. If you want to take that a step further you can cheese the storms and gain a lot of loot quickly by just driving to a nearby stronghold or friendly camp once you get a warning, wait for the storm to hit and for the loot boxes to appear on the minimap then driving into the stronghold/camp. Doing so will immediately end the storm but the crates remain behind so you can loot them to your heart's content without being stuck by lightning or flying sheet metal.

Like all but one storm has hit while I've been actively clearing camps, so I get to do a bunch of hand to hand combat while giant pieces of metal almost take me out, but then as soon as you clear it you're inside the camp and the storm subsides.

Sorry for the delay, I've been deathly ill for the past few days and I'm pretty sure we just discovered black mold in our house, yay! I'll try to get back to it as soon as I can but no promises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I hope you're doing alright now.

• Locked thread