Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Grittybeard posted:

Vin Scully if his life went a little differently and he called more football games?

Eh... Good one actually I think he could pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Vin Scully if his life went a little differently and he called more football games?

Vin Scully was really good at calling football games, it's a shame he didn't do it more often. He commented the '81 NFCCG with Hank Stram, they were both great.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

iospace posted:

Al Michaels is probably one of the best all-sports broadcasters of all time, if not the best.
For whatever reason he was horrible when he called play-by-play for the NBA when it first debuted on ABC. He was probably just apathetic.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Dennis Miller sure was interesting on MNF.

For example: “Schlereth has been scoped more than a redneck abducted by aliens.”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"Zach Thomas throws his body around like a Chinese acrobat with an inner ear problem." was the Miller line I remember most.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite moment from MNF was Kimmel asking Theismann, "How's your leg, Joe?"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Durandal1707 posted:

Vin Scully was really good at calling football games, it's a shame he didn't do it more often. He commented the '81 NFCCG with Hank Stram, they were both great.

Oh man wished I'd heard more of this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Metapod posted:

The best color guy is bill walton I will fight everyone about this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Metapod posted:

Truth. My favorite part of the Blazers season are the four or so games where Bill shows up and starts rambling over the broadcast.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

I'm probably the only one on TFF to have experienced Don Meredith on MNF as the color guy with Howard Cosell and Frank Gifford

That was great

Oh no, I was a wee lad then. Cosell was the best. I still marvel at those on screen graphics.

• Locked thread