Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The NFL has a crisis and we have the gifs to prove it.

Offensive line play isn't sexy. Most of the time you can't tell what they're doing without all-22 film, and you only get to see replays of them when they miss their block and the QB eats 290lbs of DE poo poo.

Quite frankly, the underlying cause of the problem isn't going away, and we have no ability to influence or change it, so gently caress it, this thread is just to talk about offensive linemen, post gifs and articles about them, and make little image macros of pulsing hearts around Anthony Munoz or Walter Jones.

I don't even pretend to understand OL technique or anything like that. But I love one thing more then anything else in football and that's Tom Brady. But right after Tom it's the image of a guard sprinting downfield on a screen and making some poor bastard eat poo poo.

THAT'S HOLDING!: gently caress you

===================================================================

Who loves the big boys?

Word of Muth is a weekly article by a former all-Pac 10 offensive lineman who chooses a few teams at the beginning of the season then breaks down the game from one of them, talking about technique, what they did well / poorly and showing a handful of plays to illustrate. It's a great read.

Just today his article on the Packers oline vs the Bengals went up: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2017/word-muth-packers-win-ugly

Disrespectful Block of the Week is a weekly piece by former lineman Geoff Schwartz that's mostly just a few paragraphs around a video with commentary where he shows you offensive linemen punishing people. This last week he starts off with the RG of Washington reading a play making a quick adjustment and ending some blitzing safety's existence:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/28/..._source=twitter

His twitter is also good: @geoffschwartz

@BaldyNFL - Brian Baldinger is another former NFL lineman who now spends all week posting short videos to twitter where he talks about really interesting plays, with a focus on the line blocking, because it's what he knows. Just follow him, trust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Word of Muth is a weekly article by a former all-Pac 10 offensive lineman who chooses a few teams at the beginning of the season then breaks down the game from one of them, talking about technique, what they did well / poorly and showing a handful of plays to illustrate. It's a great read.

Just today his article on the Packers oline vs the Bengals went up: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2017/word-muth-packers-win-ugly

I don't know if it's just me but the gifs he uses are horribly choppy and make it hard to see what's going on.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Miss u Big Walt

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't know if it's just me but the gifs he uses are horribly choppy and make it hard to see what's going on.

Do you use firefox? I seem to remember having that problem with his articles

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Do you use firefox? I seem to remember having that problem with his articles

Chrome. It's weird since it's gfycat which should be running just fine. The hosted version of the gifs look the same as the gfycat, too.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Alex Gibbs is the best O-Line coach of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Packers O line suprised me last night.

James Campen took a left guard who hadn't taken a snap at tackle since high school and turned him into a serviceable left tackle against a Bears Defense that isn't terrible.

And before you mention the sacks, both came from the right - and the right tackle was another guard who was starting his 2nd NFL game ever.

• Locked thread