Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A lot of stuff seems to unlock in each world after you beat the boss so it's worth staying for a while and exploring instead of just moving straight to the next one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They're are a few moon types I don't like in Mario. The art types in particular feel really vague and annoyingly exact. Like I'm never sure if I'm completely wrong about where they are or just a few inches off.

It's still mostly very good though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think this is the thread where I shitpost the least, actually. Everyone here is cool and nice!

Edit: Will I get to a spooky area in Super Mario Odyssey early on? It feels strange to play it on Halloween otherwise
I don't even think the game has one freakin boo in it. if I could tell charles martinet, creator and sole programmer of mario, one thing, it would be add more boos

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if it actually has a boo in it and I haven't found it yet please don't @ me

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samuringa posted:

I think it's a testament to my bad taste how much I am enjoying Arkham Knight. The Batmobile, The city, the Joker, the Sidequests, I'm having a blast. I won't 100% the Riddler stuff - which I never cared in any Arkham game - so I'm youtubing the true ending when I finish this, but everything else has been great.

The little sidequests are probably my favorite bit, I love how you fly or drive around finding more of them scattered around and help bring the city back to it's feet.

Arkham Knight is a good game, I honestly think even after cruising through Return to Arkham it’s my favorite one.

Sure, the plot’s kinda dumb, but so were the other two, it’s a fuckin’ Batman game.

Knight > Asylum > City, though only just barely for each one.

Also the season pass stuff for Knight is actually pretty decent, and in one case even causes a new world state once you finish it. Freeze... :smith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

HOLY poo poo I just realized those Big Boos were playing peek-a-boo. I always read the image as them having an eyes-closed sad sleepy face, not that they were holding their ghost hands over their eyes

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

I don't even think the game has one freakin boo in it. if I could tell charles martinet, creator and sole programmer of mario, one thing, it would be add more boos

I haven't gone to dark side yet but I was hoping the ghost stuff with be there. would honestly be disappointing if there was no ghost house stuff in the whole game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't gone to dark side yet but I was hoping the ghost stuff with be there. would honestly be disappointing if there was no ghost house stuff in the whole game.
yeah I have that unlocked but I'm not going there until I finish my victory lap through all the kingdoms

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the heroines quest dev put out a new game today so i guess thats the GOTM for november

or ZWEI

i bought zwei but i can't play it yet because i still haven't beaten zwei!! and i have like one more dungeon to go

zwei!! is cool cause its desktop launcher has a thing where you can watch your cat walk around and pick up items, that you then get in-game. otoh, zwei 2 has good combat

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

yeah I have that unlocked but I'm not going there until I finish my victory lap through all the kingdoms

Yeah same. Could be awhile considering I'm only back at the first water level so far

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh I forgot that the entire premise of Odyssey is body horror-style possession and transmogrification, it's perfect for Halloween. Also the first area is suitably moody. I have just been running around turning on lampposts and triple jumping and I already feel like this game is going to be magnificent

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh I forgot that the entire premise of Odyssey is body horror-style possession and transmogrification, it's perfect for Halloween. Also the first area is suitably moody. I have just been running around turning on lampposts and triple jumping and I already feel like this game is going to be magnificent

I did the first actual possession in the game, cutscene and all, while toasted. It was creepy as hell :ohdear:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

there's a surface level of moons that are super easy to get and if you're just doing those and moving onto the next world tbh I could see how you might think its shallow, but then there's another layer of moons under that that you can get right now that take a lot more effort to get, and that's before you even get to the post game

thought this was about harvest moon and it sounded a lot deeper than i thought

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I didn't really dig the music of odyssey. But then again galaxys amazing music was tough to follow so I guess they wanted to try something different. At least the remixes are great

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I took some pics of my cats

Bahol

Bakal

Little Rough and Tumble (featuring Bahol trying to get into another pic for the first one)

I hope you enjoyed seeing my cats okay thanks bye

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

IdealFlaws posted:

I didn't really dig the music of odyssey. But then again galaxys amazing music was tough to follow so I guess they wanted to try something different. At least the remixes are great

Honestly this is the only song in Odyssey that I really liked; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekAf_EJ5to

Most of the soundtrack isn't bad though. It just didn't stand out to me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh also Bakal is hard to take a good photo of as I have found out.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Those are good cats

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Can I play Odyssey and get all the moons without needing motion controls?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can I play Odyssey and get all the moons without needing motion controls?

There are apparently a few that need it and there are some that are much harder without it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's a solid maybe. At the very least there are moons that it would be easier to use the motion controls for but it's hard to say offhand that there's not a single one that outright requires them.

But like if you don't like them just don't use them until you really need them?? All the controllers have them built in so if you hit something that you can't do easily with the buttons just use the motion controls briefly and move on.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

most of the time the motion controls just allow you to do things a little more stylishly or smoothly than you could otherwise but don't actually allow you to get anywhere you couldn't otherwise. there are definitely a couple edge cases though, like people are saying

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my mouse wheel is seizing up... you served me well gaming mouse but its time for you to sleep, forever...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sorry you don’t get to wear swastikas in CoD multiplayer. :geno:

I guess I worded that poorly, but I think it's funny cause it'll piss off insane people

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I will probably play COD WW2 sometime, it's the people who did advanced warfare and that one was pretty good, plus you get to shoot a bunch of nazis

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

homeless snail posted:

my mouse wheel is seizing up... you served me well gaming mouse but its time for you to sleep, forever...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

IdealFlaws posted:

Wood Kingdom and Metro Kingdom at least have rad music, haven't gotten further than the new donk festival

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music in SMO is cool, it's just more subdued background music than the usual in your face big band stuff.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm playing Majora's Mask for the first time and it is super fun. Getting lost all over the place while I figure out everyone's schedules and what to do each day. I'd say I'm sad I didn't play it as a kid, but I'm having a great time as a boring adult, too.

The fairy is very frightening in HD.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't gently caress with Pipiro, apparently.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

There are no video games in November, doesn't anybody remember the last 20 years when all video games just mysteriously disappear during the month?

I hope need for speed is cool bc I've enjoyed those games in the past but I also haven't seen anything of it and it will probably be 15 dollars by January so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I made the November Thread because it's November.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839211

• Locked thread