Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Soldiers get all antsy when you put on a uniform and get free McDonald’s, so do they get just as antsy when they see someone wearing camo? Maybe not the “looks like I’m inside a tree” camo, but what about that standard “looks like it came from Vietnam” blobs of color kind of camo? I just successfully tricked the guy at Chipotle into giving me free queso on my burrito and all it took was some camo and a blowjob in the back alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
why were you even unbanned?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Throw those clothes, and your entire body, into a trashcan.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hold up McD's gives you free burgs if you are in fatigues?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Everything is Stolen Valor if you're enough of a Patriot

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
BDUs are still used by Natty guards(weekend warriors), so they still technically count?

It's only Stolen Valor if you paid full price, though :patriot:

naem
May 29, 2011

The Gap©®™®© made a really good camo jacket that an ex bought me and I really like it a lot, it's better than the real thing ever was honestly, fits nice (lots of pockets plus, I look like a tree) but I can't wear it in the Bay Area because people here will hate me for going away to learn how to murder people (which was how I paid for college) also I guess other former murder-guys might think I'm faking it I guess (who cares what those guys think though honestly we're all idiots) I never actually had to murder anybody though I just practiced a whole bunch

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I used to own some camo shorts to go with my Vio-Lence shirt and lemme tell you I never got free anything

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

naem posted:

The Gap©®™®© made a really good camo jacket that an ex bought me and I really like it a lot, it's better than the real thing ever was honestly, fits nice (lots of pockets plus, I look like a tree) but I can't wear it in the Bay Area because people here will hate me for going away to learn how to murder people (which was how I paid for college) also I guess other former murder-guys might think I'm faking it I guess (who cares what those guys think though honestly we're all idiots) I never actually had to murder anybody though I just practiced a whole bunch

vietnaem

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

its not stolen valor if you pretend to be an E4 that signed up out of high school so you could get cheap college and ended up discharged when you caught syphilis in Tokyo town.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Good to see you back, Windows98.

naem
May 29, 2011

oh no she was from Taiwan (we haven't fought that war yet)

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
They can't accuse you of stolen valor if they can't see you. Hide out in the forest.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Extra Large Marge posted:

They can't accuse you of stolen valor if they can't see you. Hide out in the forest.

Isn't it sort of their literal job to find people hiding with camo on? Seems like a bad idea.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Sometime in late 2001 I got a free cup of coffee at a Biscuit World in Kentucky because I wore a cheap N.Y.F.D. logo t-shirt purchased from a NJ turnpike gift shop.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Everything is Stolen Valor if you're enough of a Patriot

Real Patriots Question Everything.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You gonna get court-Marshalled.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Colonel Cancer posted:

You gonna get court-Marshalled.

Food court-marshaled

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like people who wear camo, don't trust em. What are they trying to hide?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wore camo paintballing. I didn't wear camo paintballing.

Didn't matter. Didn't work. FAKE NEWS.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Nut to Butt posted:

I don't like people who wear camo, don't trust em. What are they trying to hide?

themselves, dummy!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

im cute posted:

themselves, dummy!
Very suspicious...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're hiding from their inner feelings.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're hiding from their inner feelings.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
How come there's not camo that looks like a park bench?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

COMRADES posted:

Hold up McD's gives you free burgs if you are in fatigues?

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

i like that posted:

why were you even unbanned?

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

How do they even see you op?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if someone spent their military career drone murdering nerds at a computer console does that count as stolen valor?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Food court-marshaled

heh

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

One time long ago I bought something from some food court at some at a mall I'd never worked in, and the cashier asked me if I worked at that mall because there was a 10% discount for mall employees. I said I didn't, and he asked, "Are you sure?" I didn't want to lie, but I have since sometimes wondered whether or not the discount was a real thing.

naem
May 29, 2011

I.C. posted:

One time long ago I bought something from some food court at some at a mall I'd never worked in, and the cashier asked me if I worked at that mall because there was a 10% discount for mall employees. I said I didn't, and he asked, "Are you sure?" I didn't want to lie, but I have since sometimes wondered whether or not the discount was a real thing.

thank you for your service

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Windows 98 posted:

I just successfully tricked the guy at Chipotle into giving me free queso on my burrito and all it took was some camo and a blowjob in the back alley.
How'd he know he wasn't getting blown by a ghost if you had your camo on?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

naem posted:

thank you for your service

I was talking to a gentleman who'd gone to Vietnam, and I didn't know this, it just came up at the dinner table. He wasn't the one talking about it, but everyone else was. I said, "Thank you for your service," because that was the only thing I knew to say. He was nice about it, but his sentiment was like, "Please let's not talk about this any longer, all right?"

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Also, I don't like Marshall's because I've always been into Ross, but lately Ross has been way too expensive. T. J. Maxx is still out of my budget. I just wear clothes people give me! Works out fine.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You won your valor when you hit that person with a shovel op

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
About a month ago I was in Goodwill when I found a hockey jersey that had the USMC logo on the front and said 'Vietnam Veteran' where the player's name would be. I thought about it and if those men could so callously kill children I shouldn't think they would spare me for a second. I've worn the shirt to every wedding since.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
"Ummmm yeah, police? I'd like to place a report about some valor that has gone missing"

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I ask the same question everyday I wear my junk-enhancing skinny chinos from Aeropostale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
hide as a trench spade

• Locked thread