Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Can this thread just get gassed or sent to join the rest of the useless rear end fart huffing threads in DnD? Nobody here is actually doing anything but attacking people for not agreeing with the hive mind hard enough while not actually leaving this safe rear end bubble anyhow. Most of you probably don't even go out and vote thus why we have actual shitheads skullfucking the world into a hellscape out of Mad Max and the Turner Diaries.

I mean I know forum invasions and the like are bad but do you screaming fucks actually tell actual Alt Rights or Gaters to go eat a fat bag of dicks at least or do you all just sit here and rage at people who pretty much agree with you 80% of the way anyhow because you are pussies? (Or if I wanted to :tinfoil: some don't actually care at all and just want to be awful bullies to others because it's easy. Look within yourselves because many of you are really loving close to this no matter how much your hearts may be in the right place.)

loving hell this thread is a goddamned bilous mean spirited disaster that's not even useful as a place to mock the actual Alt Right comics douches, much less do anything about them.

Cmon y'all. Quit being so insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Captain Rufus posted:

Can this thread just get gassed or sent to join the rest of the useless rear end fart huffing threads in DnD? Nobody here is actually doing anything but attacking people for not agreeing with the hive mind hard enough while not actually leaving this safe rear end bubble anyhow. Most of you probably don't even go out and vote thus why we have actual shitheads skullfucking the world into a hellscape out of Mad Max and the Turner Diaries.

I mean I know forum invasions and the like are bad but do you screaming fucks actually tell actual Alt Rights or Gaters to go eat a fat bag of dicks at least or do you all just sit here and rage at people who pretty much agree with you 80% of the way anyhow because you are pussies? (Or if I wanted to :tinfoil: some don't actually care at all and just want to be awful bullies to others because it's easy. Look within yourselves because many of you are really loving close to this no matter how much your hearts may be in the right place.)

loving hell this thread is a goddamned bilous mean spirited disaster that's not even useful as a place to mock the actual Alt Right comics douches, much less do anything about them.

gently caress off.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
hahaha

a pm in my inbox posted:

First of all, LOVE the 'spirit bomb" line Gonna use that one!

But yes, it is "unrealistic" for me to return to a thread where the mod nukes a guy for starting a polite conversation (I guess that what passes for "smug" these days), where he is immediately called a Nazi and told to gently caress off for tying to break the ice in what it is now clear to me is a clique, and where the mod sits there like a human grief seed while everyone else tells HIM to gently caress off for not nuking fast enough.

So no, I don't think I want Napoleon banning me for a month or whatever his next show off move would have been. I'll leave you all be.

However since you seemed open-minded enough to at least tease the notion of hearing me out, I would like to say this: had I been allowed to finish my thought, I would have pointed out that exactly what eventually happened to me is the problem with people who call themselves "anti-ComicsGate." The resistors are incapable of being challenged even modestly, jump to conclusions instantly, and shut down conversations with all the smug pride that you are accusing me of. Naturally, this means they are unable to organize.

And had I been able to get that much out, I would then have inquired if there was anyone present who was prepared to be proactive instead of reactive and maybe try something a little different against CG, something that might actually work for a change.

Back to the drawing board!

-Death Ray

Okay, which of you little Bonapartes kicked down Yungbluth's door and physically prevented him from posting like an adult? You better come clean right this instant!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Captain Rufus posted:

gently caress

Off

Nuns with Guns posted:

hahaha

Okay, which of you little Bonapartes kicked down Yungbluth's door and physically prevented him from posting like an adult? You better come clean right this instant!

I'm not mad, in fact i am laughing

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Nuns with Guns posted:

hahaha

The best part of this is that even though he thinks you're the most open-minded of the bunch he still won't reveal to you his super-secret method of utterly annihilating comicsgate no-for-real, presumably because you first need to send him $29.99 for his helpful instructional booklet on how to properly shitpost on Twitter and draw insanely lovely political cartoons since that seems to be the extent of this guy's schtick.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

Gas rufus.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lmao

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
And since I dragged this here Death Ray:

Don't pretend that you're above poisoning the discourse when you resort to ridiculous gotchas like this:

Death Ray posted:

For those paying attention, here is example "one" of why people who hate ComicsGate are constantly frustrated by their inability to thwart it. I asked a reasonable question, and was called a "Nazi" for it, when anyone who is at all familiar with my efforts knows that I am actually working harder than most to subvert ComicsGate.

So, the lesson for today is: Know who your allies are , and don't call them names.

At other people if they interpret the second post you've made in this tread as another iteration of the same oppressive :decorum: tactic that's pervading right wing media at the moment and it puts them on the defensive. You were the one who escalated this argument at every step rather than deescalating.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
This thread was just fine before Death Ray started making the most obnoxious posts imaginable

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Nuns with Guns posted:

And since I dragged this here Death Ray:

Don't pretend that you're above poisoning the discourse when you resort to ridiculous gotchas like this:

At other people if they interpret the second post you've made in this tread as another iteration of the same oppressive :decorum: tactic that's pervading right wing media at the moment and it puts them on the defensive.

And it's already been brought up but people here didn't immediately jump on this guy, they actually engaged with him in good faith after he kramered into the thread and only started telling him to gently caress off once it became clear that he wasn't interested in having an actual discussion, just wagging his finger at people. I've never known a single person who acts like that, dancing around the subject and endlessly making things all about them and how much more enlightened they are than everyone else, who wasn't just the biggest fuckin rear end in a top hat in the world no matter what side of an argument they may be on.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I know basically everybody agrees, but punishing somebody for telling off somebody that is a nazi/using nazi rhetoric impolitely is pretty nonsensical and what the nazi wants.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I guess half a day wasn't good enough. We'll just close this down for a while then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We're going to give this thread another try in a different way. So join us here after reading the OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871543

• Locked thread