Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
You should see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm about to.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I just did. It was good.

Although in between Drive and his AI waifu in this movie, I do got to wonder if Gosling is autistic. He's at least good at playing one.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

I just did. It was good.

Although in between Drive and his AI waifu in this movie, I do got to wonder if Gosling is autistic. He's at least good at playing one.

Blade Runner 2049 is the Lars and the Real Girl sequel I've been waiting for.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm going to see it tomorrow!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
see it in the imax or equivalent if you can

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
might be nice to have a poll for new movies when threads are made. that being said i'm gonna check it out soon as well. i'll have to rewatch the first one though before seeing 2049 haha.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It's loving good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/914094843277783040/photo/1

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Yeah, I enjoyed it even though some parts of it genuinely made me laugh.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Watched it, it was alright. I felt that the first half of the movie was good with some really amazing moments but in the second half they bit more than they could chew. Overall we had a fun time at the cinema. As a side comment: I don't believe that a mainstream audience in 2017 can digest it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
good mov

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant believe they made 2048 sequels to blade runner

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

i cant believe they made 2048 sequels to blade runner

*laughing insanely loud* You should work for The Onion my good man!

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I saw this last night. Pretty and well put together. I was engaged the entire 3 hours.

Better than the first even.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If you liked Blade Runner you will be 99% sure to like this, and might like it more. It has everything good about that movie, but expands on everything rather than being a retread, and not in a lovely "let's explain everything from the original until their is nothing interesting left" way either. The story feels like a natural extension, you go more places and see more things, but it feels like it fits in the same world. The only thing you arguably lose is some of the sense of claustrophobia from the first movie since it takes you more into the wider world. There is a bit more action too, but it's not going to make people who though the first movie was boring do a 180 on this one.

It's good, especially if you like slow, "boring" sci-fi like 2001 and, well, Blade Runner.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Going to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

TV Zombie posted:

Going to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it.

Big mistake. See it on the biggest, best screen you can see it on, it's gorgeous.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

Big mistake. See it on the biggest, best screen you can see it on, it's gorgeous.

It's the first movie that makes me want to own a giant 4K HDR WCG XYZ TV and 4K Blu-ray player.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

GonSmithe posted:

I saw it in on a standard theater screen and after 10 mins or so I regretted not seeing it in Imax.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Bloopsy posted:

I saw it in on a standard theater screen and after 10 mins or so I regretted not seeing it in Imax.

I regret not seeing it at the Cinerama dome before Superhero Movie #6272 took it over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This movie is way too long

shagyan
Nov 3, 2015

GonSmithe posted:

what happen if you have 70 inch 4k tv, is that not big ,oh it have Dolby Digital.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

shagyan posted:

what happen if you have 70 inch 4k tv, is that not big ,oh it have Dolby Digital.

If you've got HDR that's probably fine then but still should see it in theater

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

:agreed: i went to the bathroom twice and didn't miss anything.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

In Training posted:

So was the original

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

So was the original

Nah, it was less than 2 hours.

jimshua
Jun 11, 2017

there are three things im good at: counting and lists
the best part of 3+ hour movies is that the piss afterwards is always the best feeling in the world

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

Apparently people calls this an art movie because it doesnt have retarded adhd cgi explosion action scene every 10 minutes

Fagmaster fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 31, 2017

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

jimshua posted:

the best part of 3+ hour movies is that the piss afterwards is always the best feeling in the world

no joke i'll always remember the epic piss i took after drinking a giant thing of mountain dew when seeing the matrix in the theater as a kid

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He's a real human bean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've always loved the original in concept more than I love actually watching it. 2049 was best of both worlds. Also one of the best looking movies I've ever seen.maybe the best. The only thing that was dumb was the resistance stuff but that was like 5 minutes of a 9 hour movie.

• Locked thread