Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Refs were determined to make a ridiculously large impact on this game from the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Ugh. Disappointing ending.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That is seriously the sort of call that takes a good game and just completely ruins it.

I'm genuinely offended on behalf of Bears fans. I was rooting for the Vikings this game and I'm still loving livid.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Keeping the high draft pick dream alive :911:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
thank goodness.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Good holding call. You can't do that.

And John Fox is an idiot. Should have let the Vikings score so they get the ball back with a chance to tie.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
hard to be too upset, bears showed flashes and trubisky looked like he could be real good in a year

really bad officiating though

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Even if that defensive lineman would have actually been holding that tight end it would have not affected the play in any way whatsoever. gently caress these refs.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Yep...keep the games close so I am entertained but find a way to lose them so we get a higher draft pick

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

That is seriously the sort of call that takes a good game and just completely ruins it.

I'm genuinely offended on behalf of Bears fans. I was rooting for the Vikings this game and I'm still loving livid.

poo poo. Same here. I'm all in on the Vikes and that was nothing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't John Fox only supposed to be the Bears coach for like 2 years and then everyone would move on because it'd be time to actually start the rebuilding process?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Watching for lateral ending, but my guess is Fox will just have the players take a knee

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Good holding call. You can't do that.

And John Fox is an idiot. Should have let the Vikings score so they get the ball back with a chance to tie.

lol there's a zero chance the bears could lead a 1 minute drill to a TD. Hoping they fumbled the FG snap was by far the best bet.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

<Vikings fan> It's not over with yet. </Vikings fan>

Now it is.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
eh.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Markus Wheaton finally got his first catch.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
oh my god we survived the loving bears

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
bearsy lateral play

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Only one lateral? Boooooooooo.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
pathetic

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, the Bears can't even run a lateral play right at the end of the game.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Darth Brooks posted:

<Vikings fan> It's not over with yet. </Vikings fan>

2meirl4meirl

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RestingB1tchFace posted:

A) Bullshit. Covenant was good.
B) Did you not see 'White Squall'?
C) G.I. Jane
D) gently caress you.......1984 Apple Commercial.

What was the best part for you, the fact that he reduced the Alien in an Alien movie to an inconvenient sideshow? The obvious good twin bad/twin gambit? The completely idiotic acts of every single human cast member? Or maybe it's that if it weren't for Fassbender's screen presence that movie would be SciFi grade shlock?
I am angry about movies.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Boon posted:

Minnesota is pretty nice though?

Awesome right now. Fall and spring kick rear end. Winter can suck at times. Humid summers are the worst.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HSvWf4R5DY

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Rip johnny knox

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The last game teddy played. :smith:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Bip Roberts posted:

lol there's a zero chance the bears could lead a 1 minute drill to a TD. Hoping they fumbled the FG snap was by far the best bet.

It was a chip shot FG from the INT. Let them score right away......and the Bears have nearly two minutes to drive down the field and score.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

It was a chip shot FG from the INT. Let them score right away......and the Bears have nearly two minutes to drive down the field and score.

Forbath has missed 2 extra points and an <40 yard field goal on the year, it's a sort of defensible plan to make him beat you.

But more importantly in no universe does John Fox of all coaches approach that situation with a 'let them score' point of view.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
And once TEAMS know you will let them score then the whole strategy is over. i guess you could make it work once though

Edit defensee , i am confused with words atm

SD87 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 10, 2017

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Finger Prince posted:

What was the best part for you, the fact that he reduced the Alien in an Alien movie to an inconvenient sideshow? The obvious good twin bad/twin gambit? The completely idiotic acts of every single human cast member? Or maybe it's that if it weren't for Fassbender's screen presence that movie would be SciFi grade shlock?
I am angry about movies.

Did you like the Alien vs. Predator movies? Plenty of alien screen time in those. And I didn't even hate Requiem.....but I realize that it wasn't a good movie.

I'll admit that the Neomorph stuff wasn't great.....but it wasn't that bad. The good twin/bad twin stuff was by far the worst part. Crazy that Fassbender was the worst part of the movie after being the highlight of Prometheus.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Forbath has missed 2 extra points and an <40 yard field goal on the year, it's a sort of defensible plan to make him beat you.

But more importantly in no universe does John Fox of all coaches approach that situation with a 'let them score' point of view.

It's not a let them score point of view, they had to make them go 3 and out and kick the fg and that penalty killed them

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Case Keenum just wins games y'all

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

Sure.....for some reason Forbath has trouble with extra points......but he has an 86.5% conversion rate on field goals in his NFL career. And in a Vikings uniform, Forbath was 21 for 22 coming into this game.....with his one miss coming last week against the Lions. That's over 95% conversion rate.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

curried lamb of God posted:

Case Keenum just wins games y'all

Keep him outta the West tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Good news outta this game is that people loved the Porgs