Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Chichevache posted:

I couldn't do anything but speculate baselessly since I don't work there.

Common man, you don't need to know the minutia of his department to think the people who run it would know this guy being put on this case would result in him doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

I think police have more rights than the rest of us and should be held to a standard where them facing consequences for abusing such, and it really bothers me when you all avoid addressing these issues on a whole in a public setting.

yes, this, the most important of platforms for addressing inequities

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

drilldo squirt posted:

I think police have more rights than the rest of us and should be held to a standard where them facing consequences for abusing such, and it really bothers me when you all avoid addressing these issues on a whole in a public setting.

Dude I think we all acknowledge that some police do hosed up stuff, but for most of us it hasn’t been our first hand experience. You can keep posting articles about abuse of power, and well keep saying “ya that’s guy sounds like an rear end in a top hat/should be fired & prosecuted” but I dunno what else there is you want us to say 🤷🏻‍♂️

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do we still need/want a cop thread?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Probably not.

Be gay, do crime!

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

EBB posted:

I'd say a anything goes general question thread. If you don't have the answer dont post and a shoot/cop/baby killing thread to keep trolls out of the other thread, give em a 24 hour prob for thread shiting outside the designated toilet thread. Legit gun/cop/baby killing news goes into news thread for 24 hours after incident then is banished to the toilet where it belongs.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
:gas:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

EBB posted:

The mods (internet cops) get their own forum, give us our safe space.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If this thread goes away how will Beanie ever tell us he's safe on that promised day when he breaks out of the basement dungeon

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
maybe an ask/tell thread

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I gently caress off now, please don't close the thread.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EBB posted:

Do we still need/want a GIP mod?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Close all the current events "spillway" threads (copchat, gunchat, sportschat).

Remove all mods.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Nah, keep them open but grant all GIP Goons the ability to do 6 Hour probations at will.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

I gently caress off now, please don't close the thread.

You don’t have to gently caress off, I just don’t know what response you want besides us agreeing with you that the posted examples are lovely people.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

beanieson posted:

You don’t have to gently caress off, I just don’t know what response you want besides us agreeing with you that the posted examples are lovely people.

*raises Hitler flashcard for the 1000th time* I just want you to tell me that this is a bad man. Why haven't I heard you say this is a bad man? Is it so hard to admit that this man is bad? He's a bad man.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

New thread title idea: Bad Lieutenants

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

EBB posted:

New thread title idea: Rad Lieutenants

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

EBB posted:

New thread title idea: SMDFTB Lieutenant!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We have something like four cops left, right? Do any of you want to make a quality OP and just start a new thread?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

EBB posted:

We have something like four cops left, right? Do any of you want to make a quality OP and just start a new thread?

I vote Beanie as tribute.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

EBB posted:

I'm a deputy, let the real cops do the actual work.:effort:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I vote for TheSoldier.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I'm a deputy, let the real cops do the actual work.:effort:

Then don't complain about the quality of the thread.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

EBB posted:

Then don't complain about the quality of the thread.

When did I do that?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

We're all Sheepdogs. Gotta protect the herd. So every poster in GIP is a cop, and we should all be allowed to issue permabans if we feel scared. And as a Sheepdog, I'll tell ya: I'm scared all the time, of everything.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

May he RIP in piss

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

beanieson posted:

May he RIP in piss

Somewhere, under the pergola.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Untagged posted:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Untagged posted:

As a sea pig I support this message.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Melthir posted:

As a sea pig I support this message.

Like sea patrol ?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I vote Shep.

https://i.imgur.com/R9zY7GN.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well I vote one of you cops as tribute. Be the change you want to see in the world and make a better cop thread with a better OP.