Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

Hmm... I'm not so invested in Arrow's plot as a whole to really care whether they came back one way or another, but yeah, it also adds a bunch of nitpicky questions about how all of the previous seasons' storylines just happened to work out exactly the same way even though the dead characters were alive the whole time.

EDIT: I guess now that they're alive, the characters can pop up in the spin-off show with age makeup?

If they wanted to. I think the only ones who'd really fit in reappearances is Lance/Blackthrone. Either as the new expert in Vigilantes or someone working for the mayor.

Also Thea never died in the original timeline. The people he brought back were: Tommy, his mother, and Captain/Deputy Mayor/etc. Lance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Thea did die in the original timeline. She got better though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Xelkelvos posted:

If they wanted to. I think the only ones who'd really fit in reappearances is Lance/Blackthrone. Either as the new expert in Vigilantes or someone working for the mayor.

Also Thea never died in the original timeline. The people he brought back were: Tommy, his mother, and Captain/Deputy Mayor/etc. Lance

He was referring to Emiko

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

He was referring to Emiko

I completely forgot that she A. Existed and B. Died. I'm wrong.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I completely forgot that she A. Existed and B. Died. I'm wrong.

Season 7 really stumbled post-Elseworlds. Emiko started out strong and then sputtered really fast.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's a good thing Arrow is done otherwise Lance would have been brought back just to watch one of his daughters die again

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Things about arrow season 1 I had forgotten until I rewatched it. When Laurel's mom shows up (ps Alex Kingston's accent is so not good) she's convinced Sara is still alive. I wonder if they knew she was going to be a part of season 2 at that point.

Related, I would love to read an unvarnished oral history of the early Arrowverse.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 18, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why did the monitor have oliver collecting stuff

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blaise330 posted:

Why did the monitor have oliver collecting stuff

To turn Lyla into Harbinger and set Oliver on a path that would lead him to question and then accept the situation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that stuff was part of the Monitor's "Paragon Detector"?

But yeah, part of it was explicitly the Monitor trying to get Oliver at peace with sacrificing himself and not looking for a loophole.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So it's looking more and more like Green Arrow and the Canaries is DOA. The CW upfronts were yesterday and there wasn't a peep about it aside from a post-show statement that it's still "very much alive." The pandemic is probably complicating matters immensely, but I think they're just waiting for the right opportunity to quietly let it slip that it's been spiked.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll take it for what they said. The pandemic is loving up stuff enough to be a genuine question of if it could have complicated this and the Arrowverse is such an established invested percentage of CW at this stage that even if they secretly don't like the pilot/idea they did I can easily see the characters and ideas being used in some tweaked way as long as the actors don't all sign on to hit shows.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

So it's looking more and more like Green Arrow and the Canaries is DOA. The CW upfronts were yesterday and there wasn't a peep about it aside from a post-show statement that it's still "very much alive." The pandemic is probably complicating matters immensely, but I think they're just waiting for the right opportunity to quietly let it slip that it's been spiked.

So wait, being very much alive means it's dead? :psyduck:

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
schrodinger's spinoff

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

So wait, being very much alive means it's dead? :psyduck:

I've been burned too many times by network execs going "You have nothing to worry about" in regards to a TV show and then sticking it with more knives than Julius Caesar when no one is looking, so I don't take anything at face value anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supposedly the signed McNamara to a multi year deal already.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

CW will never let McNamara go. Just like how Lucy Hale keeps coming back despite appearing in moderately successful movies.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There could be nothing coming, but honestly I'd be more worried if they don't talk about it. Stuff's crazy right now. Also Katie Cassidy didn't get into CrossFit shape for nothing, darn it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

There could be nothing coming, but honestly I'd be more worried if they don't talk about it. Stuff's crazy right now. Also Katie Cassidy didn't get into CrossFit shape for nothing, darn it.

She's a goddamned beast. Remember when people were talking poo poo about the shape of her face because of the weight she lost?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Welp, good job dedicating 1/8th of your final season to setting up a spin-off that will never happen, Team Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If not for Covid it probably would have been greenlit.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They should have axed batwoman instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

They should have axed batwoman instead.

For fuckin real.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Rhyno posted:

For fuckin real.

That dumpster fire made it for another season over both canaries (which was hugely promising) and black lightning. Seriously wtf.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

That dumpster fire made it for another season over both canaries (which was hugely promising) and black lightning. Seriously wtf.

Black Lightning is getting another season.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Black Lighting I thought was doing one more season and they choose to end it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Black Lightning is getting another season.

Another season AND a spin-off centred around Painkiller :eng101:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

Black Lighting I thought was doing one more season and they choose to end it?

While it's entirely possibly the Akils decided they only had four seasons worth of story to tell, my cynical side can't help but think the fact that Netflix has the streaming rights had a lot to do with the decision. Especially since the Painkiller spin-off is essentially replacing it, and Warner will have the streaming rights to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Except a Painkiller spin-off sounds absolutely terrible.

Really disappointed they didn't keep Canaries on the schedule; Batwoman didn't do much for me even before Ruby left.