Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I didn't have that board, but yeah, it looks great for ghosts. I'm trying to figure out a good board from my Mournflight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Is there currently any way to get the faction-specific season 1 cards outside of the now out-of-print starters? I see they sell the figures in AOS sets, but how about the still legal cards? Or am I out of luck?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
You're out of luck. Short of buying the oop sets, you cannot get the cards.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I imagine they'll bring the old starters back at some point.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Doubtful, unless they totally repackage them. GW is notoriously bad at card production as well, so I don't think we'll ever see warband specific packs coming out. And speaking as someone who owns almost all the season one warbands, it kind of sucks. Honestly, I think they are going to have a tough time in the new meta.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are the boards in the Barnes and Noble box any different than the season 2 starter?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Yes. It is a one piece board with the objectives printed on the board. You won't be able to use it in anything other than games of Dreadfane.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I think GW are sorting out their card production, as it's been a right pain for some of their games (looking at you, Necromunda) and they've acknowledged that.

I'll put money on the S1 faction cards being available at some point.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
If anyone in the UK picks up the Beastgrave starter and wants to offload Grashrak's warband (just the models), I'm happy to pay half of retail for it.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Finally finished up Magore's Fiends. Magore was painted over a year after the rest and the difference is loving painful. XD

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

X-posting from the mini painting thread;

LazyAngel posted:

Bit of a painting round-up; managed to get the light box set up today, so took some better photos of the last couple of months' Oath stuff.

Skaeth's Wild Hunt for Beastgrave/underworlds.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

LazyAngel posted:

X-posting from the mini painting thread;
They look great!
I hate the design tendency where the whole figure is placed on top of a tiny piece of plastic. My guy-jumping-over-a-branch broke right where he's attached to the branch, and it was a huge pain to fix him.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
My totally rad fiancée got me the Beastgrave box for Christmas, so naturally I am immediately looking at additional plastic crack to supplement it with. The Squats Kharadon Overlords warband looks super cool, but are they tricky to play? With them almost exclusively relying on ranged attacks vs every other warband being mostly melee seems like they have a steep learning curve.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Shazaminator posted:

My totally rad fiancée got me the Beastgrave box for Christmas, so naturally I am immediately looking at additional plastic crack to supplement it with. The Squats Kharadon Overlords warband looks super cool, but are they tricky to play? With them almost exclusively relying on ranged attacks vs every other warband being mostly melee seems like they have a steep learning curve.

Most of the Nightvault and Beastgrave warbands have some kind of gimmick that makes them harder to play than the old Shadespire bands. The Overlords aren't the hardest, if you remember a few key things, such as "protect you leader" and "place the knockback guy in the middle". There are also a lot of cards that are great for them, so you can build some really good decks.
It's a solid warband, probably around medium difficulty on the scale.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
It’s also worth pointing out that, despite being Dwarfy slowcoaches, they aren’t as hamstrung by this as the Chosen Axes due to the focus on ranged weapons that you pointed out.

Having lots of ranged attacks isn’t going to make your game harder at all.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Even if you don't go with the Overlords, a LOT of the universal cards in that set are used in popular deck builds for other warbands.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Anybody going to the Grand Clash? I'm going to be in Nottingham anyway, so decided to buy a ticket.

Now to see if I can actually make a half-decent deck in time.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
Looks like there's a pretty robust tabletop simulator mod, anyone playing with that in these times of plague?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Has anybody tried out the new Underworld game that just dropped on Steam? Is it any good? Is it similar to Shadespire proper?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Quidthulhu posted:

Has anybody tried out the new Underworld game that just dropped on Steam? Is it any good? Is it similar to Shadespire proper?

It is Shadespire proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah it's exactly Shadespire but without the first Khorne and dwarf warbands, I'm not sure if they will be pay-for DLC or what. The UI could definitely be smoother but for a first iteration it works pretty great.