Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Monstergeddon is clearly one of the best, if not the best, article series on SA, and I am glad it is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

little munchkin posted:

it jacks off in front of them, please read the article

And makes them watch as they bang their plant girlfriend, don't forget that part.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I gleefully revisited the Monstergeddon series after seeing the new post. Probably my favourite series on SA. It's persistently entertaining and the newest did not disappoint. Great work to the monster crew.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm laughing at how Howard is basically just fuckin Jastiger.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's alive! And it's wonderful!

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
So incredibly thrilled that Monstergeddon is back! I hope more are planned!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Which monster is GirlsFrightOut?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Thanks everyone for all the lovely feedback, I've passed your comments on to Worm and he's touched as well.

As for more installments, we have talked about it and it's definitely possible. As it stands Monstergeddon is comprised of 17 articles with about 50 pages of content; not terrible for 7 on-again-off-again years between people who have never actually met IRL. There's been talk of a book (ranging from a traditional publication to some really wild experimental E-book ideas) but not much more than talk. Still, there are ideas.

The bottom line is I'm down to do more, if Worm has more ideas for articles I think he may be down, and if you guys want to read more then that's the most important factor. Finding the time for fun projects is always rough but that's just how this business is. Personally I think 20 installments would be a nice goal to eventually hit, but as I said at the beginning of all this I'm the lesser half of the team. But I will keep the pressure on for y'all.

Edit-I think GirlsFrightOut is a lady-slasher human, possibly with some kind of spirit or other otherworldly influence? I used to have an organized chart of all the characters but once it passed like 30 monsters it was tough for even me to keep track...

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Kra yeah motherfucker. So stoked to see this back. I still sport my gang tag :agesilaus:

e: I am also CoolGhoul. HOW

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

This update was really great. Monstergeddon has always been one of my favorite SomethingAwful series, so I'm really glad there might be more.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Thanks everyone for all the lovely feedback, I've passed your comments on to Worm and he's touched as well.

As for more installments, we have talked about it and it's definitely possible. As it stands Monstergeddon is comprised of 17 articles with about 50 pages of content; not terrible for 7 on-again-off-again years between people who have never actually met IRL. There's been talk of a book (ranging from a traditional publication to some really wild experimental E-book ideas) but not much more than talk. Still, there are ideas.

The bottom line is I'm down to do more, if Worm has more ideas for articles I think he may be down, and if you guys want to read more then that's the most important factor. Finding the time for fun projects is always rough but that's just how this business is. Personally I think 20 installments would be a nice goal to eventually hit, but as I said at the beginning of all this I'm the lesser half of the team. But I will keep the pressure on for y'all.

Edit-I think GirlsFrightOut is a lady-slasher human, possibly with some kind of spirit or other otherworldly influence? I used to have an organized chart of all the characters but once it passed like 30 monsters it was tough for even me to keep track...

You do that voodoo that you do so well at your own pace, as far as I'm concerned. Loved it, great addition to the Monstergeddon canon.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

My life has meaning again!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This new one is topical!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I.C. posted:

This new one is topical!

The last one was pretty topical too at the time, satirizing gamergate in its way.

Also, I'm pretty sure iirc GirlsFrightOut was suggested to be a lady slasher that only targeted beefcake men...and possibly ate them? The Giggurata avatar would suggest that.

One of my big regrets is accidentally getting rid of my geddon gangtag when I changed avatars once.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like how when Ashley showed up half the feminist monsters outed themselves as TERFs.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Oh wow, was not expecting to see another Monstergeddon again - it's the best thing that's been on the front page, and nothing has even come close for years. Really glad to see it, thanks so much for this! Definitely made me smile!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I just wanted to say that the jab at a certain crummy Leprechaun sequel was not in vain and downright killed me when I read it.

Contra
Aug 31, 2003
L(

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I've lurked SA for a decade and almost never post but I'm breaking my silence to say that Monstergeddon is my favorite media in any format and I would absolutely buy a book, several probably.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Another great addition to the series, and a great mix of its own humor, running gags and also being topical, thanks for putting in the effort to get this going.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Thanks. It just isn't Halloween season without Halloween is Grinch Night Monstergeddon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone remember what all the avatars and titles were referencing?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Monstergeddon is great, this is great. Thanks for still writing and publishing this stuff in the face of Lowtax' unresponsiveness! Makes me glad I checked the front page for once.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

super sweet best pal posted:

Does anyone remember what all the avatars and titles were referencing?

BeastWithin's title is a line from the King Kong parody from The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror III.
ZomFan's title is a line from Day of the Dead and his avatar is George Romero.
I think MaskedSlasher's avatar is from the FMV game Night Trap. The title is from the song Buffalo Gals, which was probably most famously used in It's A Wonderful Life, though I'm not sure of the reference in this instance.
PurrFect's avatar and title are from The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.
Gonetopieces' avatar looks like it's one of Ed Roth's Rat Fink-related characters.
UndeadTed and Dogballz69's titles come from Werewolves of London.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Thank you for the brief return of monstergeddon, its the best series to grace the frontpage in recent years.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
This series is probably the best satire I've ever seen of internet forums in general. Echoing comments that I'd probably buy a book too, if only to support this kind of weird poo poo.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Monstergeddon owns, thanks for putting it together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A good username for a parody of one of Stephen King's monsters would be Horny on Maine.

• Locked thread