Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ancelotti would be too good for Liverpool imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
liverpool should absolutely sack the manager who got them back into the champions league

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

liverpool should absolutely sack the manager who got them back into the champions league

hard to do that considering he's a celtic now, friend

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

Post some good reddit meltdowns or something

quote:

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME
We finished in FOURTH PLACE LAST SEASON. WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR PATIENCE. THIS WAS THE MAKE OR BREAK SEASON FOR US TO GET OUT OF OUR RUT, GIVE REASONS FOR CLASS PLAYERS LIKE COUTINHO TO STAY AND CHALLENGE FOR TITLES. INSTEAD IT LOOKS LIKE WE'LL BE FIGHTING FOR TOP 5/6 AGAIN.
HOLY poo poo WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. EVERY OTHER CLUB DOES NOT NEED A FIVE YEAR PLAN TO TURN THINGS AROUND. IT HAPPENS QUICKER. HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU PEOPLE NEED. KLOPP'S STUBORNESS EXTENDS BEYOND TRANSFERS. HE'S poo poo WITH TACTICS AND poo poo AND SUBSTITUTIONS AND IT'S COSTED US POINTS.
I'm loving fuming right now. I'm getting off the computer for a while. Sorry for the rant.

theres not many out there yet

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

theres not many out there yet

It's against the rules to helldump Evilhawk

Mods?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
fire lovren into the sun imo, the whole team was bad today but he was abysmal holy poo poo

if he never plays for liverpool again it'll be too soon, just start gomez because at least he looks like he might improve in the future

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Blinkz0rz posted:

Liverpool is a mid-table team

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

This is a genuine question. Do any of you seriously think we're playing any better than last year? Our results against the top six have regressed and we've not improved against the bottom half teams.

klopp was also the manager last year though so this post doesn't really make sense?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

klopp was also the manager last year though so this post doesn't really make sense?

We're going backwards and Klopp is to blame.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

EvilHawk posted:

You give love, a bad name

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Blue Star Error posted:

Haha

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Blue Star Error posted:

hell yes

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
How long has Klopp been managing Liverpool? Two years? Long term plan or not I would’ve thought he’d have addressed the defensive frailties that were present under Rogers by now.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Blue Star Error posted:

god drat

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Blue Star Error posted:

Thanks BSE you always make me chuckle

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

yeah but we're going backwards from a point that klopp got us to in the first place so maybe he knows how to get back there again

Blue Star Error posted:

this is good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

i missed this the first time but lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol does anyone remember Livertards saying they should keep Coutinho indtead of taking 200 million for him because they had a chance to win things lol haha laughing my rear end off. apologize now

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol does anyone remember Livertards saying they should keep Coutinho indtead of taking 200 million for him because they had a chance to win things lol haha laughing my rear end off. apologize now

i do

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

African AIDS cum posted:

Sorry

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sticksy posted:

They haven't but who do you realistically get in that would turn things around?

Dunno why Liverpool's defense has been so horrible for so long, aside from maybe Carragher retiring and everyone being scared to gently caress up around him.

The main heads of FSG (Henry and Werner) do not have the energy or expertise with European soccer to judge players well or figure out whether things are actually progressing to a set style. As a result, they have delegated authority to people who know slightly more, like Michael Gordon, who in turn has installed well-meaning, but not terribly effective people Michael Edwards to do all the scouting and transfer negotiation.

Klopp is at fault for perhaps not kicking up more of a fuss when being told that the available defenders don't fit his profile, but look at FSG's purchasing record for defenders. These choices were not all down to the manager. Edwards and Hunter are not covering themselves in glory:

http://www.squawka.com/news/ranking-every-defensive-signing-made-by-liverpool-since-fsg-took-over/930358#vvw3ZFkQQLxcMrJs.97

African AIDS cum posted:

I was saying they should keep Coutinho because I didn't trust the club to be able to buy a replacement and I think the transfer window and this season have proven me right. If Coutinho's sold, FSG probably would have just spent even more on Oxlade-Chamberlain and some other bad panic buys and Spurs would have had an even easier time cutting Liverpool to pieces. I'm pretty sure the league record would be even worse without Coutinho.

Liverpool have been terrible at transfers for decades. It's not a disastrously run club in the Leeds United or Portsmouth sense, but it's definitely not a well-run club.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Klopp has a long term plan and is willing to wait for the players he wants. Keita + VVD and then we can actually have a midfield presence and a defense. Relax Evilhawk, embrace the project. Bust yourself gently and look forward to the next boom, or try and just ride the perpetual boom.

This is allegedly what Arsene Wenger does as well and let me tell you how that's vaguely worked out. That said Liverpool have gotten the Keita deal done so GG.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brony Car posted:

The main heads of FSG (Henry and Werner) do not have the energy or expertise with European soccer to judge players well or figure out whether things are actually progressing to a set style. As a result, they have delegated authority to people who know slightly more, like Michael Gordon, who in turn has installed well-meaning, but not terribly effective people Michael Edwards to do all the scouting and transfer negotiation.

Klopp is at fault for perhaps not kicking up more of a fuss when being told that the available defenders don't fit his profile, but look at FSG's purchasing record for defenders. These choices were not all down to the manager. Edwards and Hunter are not covering themselves in glory:

http://www.squawka.com/news/ranking-every-defensive-signing-made-by-liverpool-since-fsg-took-over/930358#vvw3ZFkQQLxcMrJs.97

I was saying they should keep Coutinho because I didn't trust the club to be able to buy a replacement and I think the transfer window and this season have proven me right. If Coutinho's sold, FSG probably would have just spent even more on Oxlade-Chamberlain and some other bad panic buys and Spurs would have had an even easier time cutting Liverpool to pieces. I'm pretty sure the league record would be even worse without Coutinho.

Liverpool have been terrible at transfers for decades. It's not a disastrously run club in the Leeds United or Portsmouth sense, but it's definitely not a well-run club.

They could have put the $ in bitcoin and quadrupled it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lets laugh at Liverpoo in the monthly thread. thanks for watching

• Locked thread