Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.

Olive! posted:

My package got here today and here's what was inside! (Not included is a picture of the cushioned envelope it was sent in, obviously I don't want mine and Santa's addresses visible)

Notice the tape lines where I removed the letter from the wrapping first. I'll admit I started reading it before unwrapping the present until the letter told me not to.

I'm real bad at pictures and no matter what I couldn't get the camera to focus, but rest assured this was a rad as heck stamped wax seal.

So what's the present?

A Celtic tinwhistle! (hehe whoops, I tore the paper a little trying to open the seal) This is awesome, thank you Spiderjelly! I love Celtic music and I'm super happy to have another instrument to play. Well... I love the Celtic sound, I've listened to a pitifully small amount of real Celtic music for some reason. That's about to change though, and you can be sure I'll take on that challenge!

Hooray! Play that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Oh dang Santa sent me a SA shirt!!

I will make my daughter wear it for a cute photo op as soon as possible

Thank you Santa!!

Robot Made of Meat

vanisher posted:

Thank you Santa!!

I've always loved Moof's stuff. Fun gift, and it helps the Forums!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Thank you Santa!!

awesome! I'm really looking forward to the vanisher-daughter photo

part II will hopefully be arriving thursday, or thereabouts

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

awesome! I'm really looking forward to the vanisher-daughter photo

part II will hopefully be arriving thursday, or thereabouts

delivered, apparently! a day early even!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

delivered, apparently! a day early even!

Ill check!! Thanks Santa!!

vanisher

Package received! Dang I got the best Santa.

Getting pictures uploaded!

vanisher

Gift package two is here!

A pretty rad letter from my Santa, Manifisto (and stickers!!)

Hmm lets lay out these gifts, my assistant Link is here to help. Fairly certain he smells something edible.

This is awesome. I got FD one last year for BYOBSS! I'm going to work on it tonight (it's been a hell of a month)

Got this very rad birb bottle opener (it works great, just tested it)

Hmm... Link is curious about this red box

Its hand made chocolate!

In his letter, Manifisto tried to say his hand made chocolate was no good because it didn't exactly match the BYOB color scheme (its pretty close). I tested it and it's pretty good. He also sent this additional bonus chocolate.

(sorry Link you can't have bonus chocolate either)

Check it out, business cat salt & pepper shakers! These things are rad.

I saved the big one for last.

A collection of comics by Roz Chast!

Manifisto thought I'd like it, and he says the humor is very BYOB

I'd agree

Looks great. Thanks so much Manifisto!!

vanisher fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 21, 2017

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Twenty Four

I wish I had the cash to go in this year but I must say Link is looking stellar as ever!

Good dog!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Looks great. Thanks so much Manifisto!!

you're welcome! glad everything arrived in time and (apparently) passes the link approval test!

the issue with the chocolate wasn't so much the colors as the tempering. correctly tempered chocolate is glossy and quite firm, it should have kind of a "snap" to it when you break it. I've successfully tempered dark chocolate several times, but this was my first time trying to temper milk and white chocolate, and it's harder! the range of temperatures you need to keep everything in is significantly tighter.

what I sent you was actually my second attempt, the first batch was really not right (temperwise, it still tasted good!). the batch I sent you is closer but it's still not as it should be. if you put the chocolate I sent you in the fridge overnight it will have the proper texture (until it warms up).

chocolate tempering is either fascinating or eye-rollingly boring and geeky, depending on your perspective . . . cocoa butter can form six different crystal types that melt at different temperatures, and only one of them is the "right" type of crystal! you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it to set up correctly.

anyway, I'm glad you like the taste, that's really the most important part! the tempering is just sort of a professional touch which I have, obviously, not quite acquired.

ty nesamdoom!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
To Santa:

I'm really sorry I haven't gotten to my mom's to check for the package yet, I forgot that she was traveling this week, and I will be out there this weekend. I'm sure it is waiting for me, so don't worry :-)

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
oh man i hope ups dont lose my package thatd be a messed up ban

lol maybe my santee just thought it was crap :twisted:

e: i managed to find the tracking number and ups says its there i reckon somebody 8 feel like posting :420:

byob historian fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 22, 2017

FluffieDuckie

Ok, if your santee hasn’t posted here saying they got your gift AND you haven’t sent me proof of shipping please do that now. I have one errant santa I haven’t heard from.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
I've been keepin' an eye out, Santa, but haven't seen anything anywhere. As soon as that changes, though, I will post. :hai:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I'm at Mom's apt., and the office where my package languishes is closed til Tuesday :/

But on the bright side I get an extra xmas/yobmas on Tuesday and I will post as soon as I get my hands on it :)

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I am practicing hard for my recital and I thank the slower santas for keeping the thread open longer

FluffieDuckie

I need a volunteer back up santa who can drop a gift in the mail next week. please email me at fluffieduckie@somethingawful.com

alnilam

:ohdearsass:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

I need a volunteer back up santa who can drop a gift in the mail next week. please email me at fluffieduckie@somethingawful.com

oh no!

FluffieDuckie

The backup hero has been assigned.

Because yobbers are heros, I had many volunteers so thank you guys.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
What's this?

It's a casey veggies from my forums santa, POOL IS CLOSED!

Oh man, there's all kinda goodies in here... let's see

It's a beautiful handmade cobalt blue glass third eye pendant! I'll braid a stout hemp twine and make a nice ceiling fan light pull, I will see it and use it everyday. Also 10 servings worth of this awesome aromatic anti-inflammatory turmeric ginger chai tea! I am 40 now, so anti inflammatory is a good. I've been wanting to try turmeric for this purpose, and have Mom try it too. That sounds way better than munching on a spoonful of turmeric

artisanal macarooooooons! I got dark chocolate ganache, gingerbread, candy cane crunch, thin mint, and eggnog! Gonna munch one every night with a warm milk til gone, even though they almost look too perfect to eat. almost

Look at this little guy! I love hims! A very byob cuphead for my new tea. I really like this and would like to see more from these makers. There is a mysterious 'W with an umlaut' maker's mark. It may be a clue...

super impressed with this choice, my Santa knew a citizen of Texas would appreciate a gift of small-batch, uncured chorizo! Great thing about chorizo is that the flavor is so concentrated that a little goes a long way. I think I'll use 2oz. in a French omelette, and 2oz. in a nice queso flameado, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has 'em: I'll post the results in the fine dining effortpost funhouse in the next couple weeks!

And finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLRITbUxeA&t=28s

It's the mother lode! The holy grail of grindage, a bountiful bag of beans to make some jump back java. I :love: :sludgepal:

Dark roast is perfect for my moka pot, but I'll be french pressing most of this to preserve the fruity bouquet

Thanks so much, P.I.C.! :woop: :toot: :peanut: Merry Christmas!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm sorry, I lost the card that I wrote explanations on and haven't found it yet. :negative:

I'll have to find the artist's name for the cup and PM you. They make a whole lot of 'em and they're all unique and cute and goofy. :3: I hope the macaroons survived the journey! They're really tasty.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'm sorry, I lost the card that I wrote explanations on and haven't found it yet. :negative:

I'll have to find the artist's name for the cup and PM you. They make a whole lot of 'em and they're all unique and cute and goofy. :3: I hope the macaroons survived the journey! They're really tasty.

Every macaroon is fully intact! for now...

FluffieDuckie

I’m pretty sure everyone but one person got their gifts. I’m waiting to hear that our backup santa’s packages arrived and then I’ll unsticky this

deep dish peat moss

I made the dumplings again last night for myself while I smoked weed and played mario kart alone on NYE and it was good. Thank you again for the introduction to Russian cuisine hamjobs

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

deep dish peat moss posted:

I made the dumplings again last night for myself while I smoked weed and played mario kart alone on NYE and it was good. Thank you again for the introduction to Russian cuisine hamjobs

You're welcome! Welcome to my culture, blin. :love:

My favorite thing in the entire world (at the moment) is blini with smetanya and chopped up beets. I'm craving them hard and I've been eating too many of them already. Try it!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

deep dish peat moss posted:

may the blue shells not catch u til 2019 mi amigo

u s t i l l w a n t a b e a t t o r a p o n ? 

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Well, I'm just going to go out and put this out there out there, and out there. I'm going to send my Santa pool is closed some awesome things that are local and awesome, because they sent me so many Rhode Island things that were local and awesome. Whether or not they get their gift, pool is closed, you are getting things in the next week or so. You might get a p.m. asking for your address again, I think I stuck it in my wallet because I was going to send you something from NASA anyway, but yeah there it is, that's out there now

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Also it is below freezing in Houston Texas right now, brrrr

POOL IS CLOSED

You don't have to do that. :shobon:

have you at any point felt like saying, "Houston, we have a problem: it's too drat cold"?

Manifisto

FluffieDuckie posted:

I’m pretty sure everyone but one person got their gifts. I’m waiting to hear that our backup santa’s packages arrived and then I’ll unsticky this

an almost perfect record! somehow that seems more byob than an actually perfect record.

and THANK YOU fluffie for putting this together

:minions-thank-you-gif:

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

may the blue shells not catch u til 2019 mi amigo

u s t i l l w a n t a b e a t t o r a p o n ? 

Yes I am way too sick to rap right now but I've been writing rap songs!!

POOL IS CLOSED

Whoa! Santa dropped off gifts this morning!

Two super fancy birds dancing! Nature is a mystery, and so shall the contents of this card remain. (But I think I have archives now!! Thank you!)

The chocolate is a local specialty of Santa's hometown! I love chocolate and espresso, so I'm hype to crack into this treat!

Come an' Get It is right up my alley too! Historical perspectives on food and foodways are my jam. I'm working on a book partly about a frontier cook, so this is extra awesome.

Aaaaaa! Santa! Maangchi! :dance:

My partner and I watch her channel together and cook a lot of things based on her recipes. This cookbook is full of beautiful food photography and aaaaaa I'm so hungry now!

Thank you, mysterious Santa!!!

City of Glompton

another byob success story! :love:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

and so christmas is saved by our mysterious back up santa who i'm not naming bc i don't know if they want to stay mysterious.

merry yobmas to us all

alnilam

Yob bless us everyone

POOL IS CLOSED

and to all a merry yob nite

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.

Olive! posted:

I am practicing hard for my recital and I thank the slower santas for keeping the thread open longer

I believe in you, olive!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I would still be trying if I hadn't gotten sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian

m e r r y y o b m a s a n d b r i n g y o u r o w n n e w y e a r

• Locked thread