Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!

Yes! We're getting started a little later than usual this time of year, but gently caress you okay? I was out of town for a bit and this probably isn't going to attract many people anyway because SA is dead- just like a whole lot of good dogs this year (seriously it's been a loving slaughterhouse in here this year). There's a lot of rules so read over'em carefully

Important Dates:
Wednesday, November 22 - Registration Cut off: Registration cutoff is the day before US Thanksgiving. You must register before US Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 23 - Name Distribution: PISSees will be distributed. I don't have to weed through a spreadsheet or type out emails this year, so it's almost instant! So all you Black Friday folks can hit up stores on Friday if you wish! Hooray!
Monday, December 18 - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day. Shipping during the holidays can lag and have lots of problems.
Wednesday, January 10- Deadbeat Cut Off: If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and banned. Possibly also set on fire. Let's raise the stakes a little.

To be put into the masses you must do the following:

- Email me at assistantpisstress@gmail.com
- Include your actual name, full mailing address including country, your shipping preference (your country only or international or whatever combination you like) and your SA name. I love you if you just go ahead and send me a link to your profile on SA.
- Post in this thread

If you don't put your address when you email me, I will email you back because you're dumb. If you don't email me back by midnight November 22th 2017 pacific time, you're out.

In addition to emailing me, you MUST post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Shipping preference: No international or International
- A list of your participating pets with a short bio (please keep it under a paragraph), photos optional.
- Favorite toys, foods, treats, etc. If your pet is allergic to foods, say so. If your pet hates certain toys, say so.
- Favorite stores (online too)
- Any specific requests. Such as a specific toy or treat, or if you would rather a donation be made. Please post a link to the organization you wish a donation be made to in your name and any other information
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Don't want a bag of Ol' Roy showing up in the mail? Say so.

Rules:
- To be eligible for PISS 2017 you must have posted at least 3 posts in PI within the past year but before today, November 9th (no flooding with posts at last minute). I will be using your profile to check this. You may also be a member of PIFB, as long as I can verify that. If I Know You From Other Goon Exchanges I May Bypass This . There are some constant re-sassers and such that would fit this bill.
- You must register by November 22nd, no registrations will be accepted after that. Don't ask.
- We are still doing the proof of shipment rule this year, no proof = you're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift this year you must provide proof of shipment. If you have no tracking number, please EMAIL or PM me a photo the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can post, email or PM me.
- Gift cards to preferred stores are okay.
- If you have been a deadbeat in previous PISSes, you cannot join in this year. And yes, I do know who you loving are.
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where the best time to send your gift is.

Proof of shipment
You must provide proof of shipment before January 6 or you will be considered a deadbeat and banned. Please simply email me proof. I doubt this will be a problem, but you never know.

Accepted types of proof:
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS or DHL
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

I don't want purchase reciepts of whatever gifts you buy. I want SHIPPING proof.

Shipping
Shipping is always a hassle. I know we can't force you to use one service over another, but be aware that you are responsible for what you ship. So take extra steps to make sure everything goes smoothly. Here are some tips:

- Use UPS, DHL or Fedex if available. They offer easy tracking and TRACKING NUMBER IS MY PREFERRED FORM OF SHIPMENT PROOF
- Write the addresses clearly on your box and TRIPLE CHECK THAT THEY ARE CORRECT!! A misspelled zip code can delay shipping for weeks, and a wrong address means no one gets a gift. If you have bad handwriting or don't want to mess up, consider copy/pasting and printing out the address emailed to you and then tape it to your box.
- Pad your gifts well. Use good padding (plastic bags, newspaper, peanuts, etc) to keep items safe.
- If you DO decide to use USPS, keep in mind that they have flat rate boxes that ship for the same price as long as it's under 70 lbs.
- For those shipping internationally, I've had wonderful luck with UPS. Cheap, great tracking and reliable. Just my experience.
- If you are shipping to a PO box, use the normal postal service and not a private shipping company. The prices are outrageous at shipping companies (ex: UPS quoted me $42 to ship to a PO box within my own country with 15 day delivery. USPS was $12 for 3 day delivery.)

Please keep us updated. I will be following the thread to make sure everyone is still staying active. It'd be nice if you posted to let us know your status. It'd be even nicer if you posted once you've received your gift, photos are loved, but it isn't required.

Happy PISSing!

Did I miss anything?

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me! PIFB sorts are welcome to pm me there as well.

PISS EMAIL = assistantpisstress@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I AM READY. I AM PREPARED TO BE PISSED ON.

.....new choice of words since my kitten Cy-Bug took that as an order on the carpet.

gently caress we can get new carpet.

.....gently caress that was the new carpet.

Okay then! I would prefer US only please for it lets me buy more things as opposed to pay more shipping!

For my PISS SANTA:

I have a zoo. Not really but close. I work with a rescue group and currently have 3 foster cats/kittens. My personal pets include 2 dogs, 14 cats, about 15 ball python and sand boas, 16 freshwater aquariums, and about 2 dozen leopard tortoises and box turtles.

....and some mice and spiny mice but we don't count the food, do we?

Some things I always use and run out of:

Airstones and silicon blue airline tubing
Seachem Prime!
Fish nets
Cat toys, collars, and catnip
New Life Spectrum or Repashy fish food

I am always down for any new fish aquarium decor! My fish include African cichlids (Lake Malawi and Tang), hillstream loaches, all kinds of plecos, cory cats, red cherry shrimp, mouthbrooding catfish, and a pair of stubborn electric blue acara who refuse to lay again.

My dogs, a German Shepherd and a pomchi mix, destroy most any toy given. And if they can't, they bury it to hide their shame.

I shop at Petsmart, Petco, Amazon.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Booping this. We can't do this with only two people folks. If you're on the edge of signing up, please do.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I cannot afford two gift exchanges this year but I am sending out cards sometime in early December so if you and your animals and significant others and houseplants would like one, just send me your address in PMs or something :3: Sorry if this is inappropriate for here but I didn't want to clutter PI with a thread!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sorry ladies and gents. PISS has to have at least three participants to run. Goodnight, PISS. Goodnight.

• Locked thread