Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

woooow

ya rapey titty anime is defo better than jojo :laffo:

its a commentary on nationalism, yer just too myopic to see it

and it makes you sexist too for not seeing that naked pride being turned into embarrassing defeat :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

Kill la Kill IS better than JoJo that's not opinion that's fact.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kill la Kill is great, but there is no universe where it's better than JoJo.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

an actual dog posted:

it's sports feels on top of romance feels on top of traditional culture feels it's the best anime

i will chk this out sometimes thx

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oldschool hyper-violent OVAs aren't exactly good, but do fit with today's geohell world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z842IlNu5Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HFW-vwcKE0

They are extremely good and all versions of Genocyber own

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The gore in anime sucks rear end now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

as a woke anime connoisseur, i find holly's inability to control her stand extremely problematic. however, ragyo fingerbanging her daughter and slapping her rear end 50x an episode was extremely tasteful and empowering to women

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

which... anime???

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Condiv posted:

as a woke anime connoisseur, i find holly's inability to control her stand extremely problematic. however, ragyo fingerbanging her daughter and slapping her rear end 50x an episode was extremely tasteful and empowering to women

it was commentary on trump wanting to gently caress his daughter because hes obsessed with himself and sees ivanka as an extension of himself.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

which... anime???

Gundam Reconguista in G

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i like the one on the left. is reconguista worth watching?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i like the one on the left. is reconguista worth watching?

Yeah it's real good. But you should be aware, it does demand you pay attention more than other anime. Lots of worldbuilding is done through just casual dialogue, and you gotta figure out character's motivations based on their actions because they lie sometimes.

Also it's an extremely unsubtle allegory for Japan re-militarizing. Including an extremely unsubtle stand-in for the Burakumin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's also an unashamed throwback to 70s-80s anime, including their style of dialogue and plot progression, which I thought was really refreshing but others hated.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's Yoshiyuki Tomino coming back to the franchise and being super indulgent too lol.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The gore in anime sucks rear end now

I think they literally forgot how to draw organs

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

my favorite part of Tomino shows are how they take good ideas, stretch them across 50 episodes, and then dilute them by stuffing the series with boring monster of the week fights

like the Ideon movie is art and parts of Zeta are good but god drat if he doesn't make it painful to get there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"kill em all" tomino. no beloved character is safe

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I enjoyed the original MS Gundam but loving hated Zeta (watched both recently) because it was the most hilariously misogynistic poo poo. Like every female character in that anime either falls in love with the protagonist or the main villain then dies tragically. The animation was good and Char Quattro owns but yeah the rest of it was bad. I'm watching IBO right now and I like it even if it can be a little cringey at times. Are there any non-:filez: ways to watch a gundams online? And which ones are good? I saw people recommend Turn A and Reconguista in G in the thred, and I liked 08th MS Team when I saw it as a kid on Toonami.

Anime.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Gundam.info's Youtube channel has a few series up right now, but good news, Gundam is getting a gently caress ton of American releases, so getting your hands on a Turn A set is actually easy.

Oh, and if you thought Zeta was bad, wait until you get to Victory Gundam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOplYCfKTA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
dungeon meshi is a cool and good manga everyone should read

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"kill em all" tomino. no beloved character is safe

he hasn't been that in like, 25 years. He has way more shows where most of them survive now.

Jose posted:

dungeon meshi is a cool and good manga everyone should read

:yeah:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gundaminfo has the first Thunderbolt movie in English for a limited time. It's good Gundam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_AhubV8c7I

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
what does anime have to do with politics?

i'm sorry but this thread doesn't really belong in c-spam.

it should be moved to fyad IMO.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

he hasn't been that in like, 25 years. He has way more shows where most of them survive now.

:yeah:

i know. he did most of the killing when he was depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

freckle posted:

what does anime have to do with politics?

i'm sorry but this thread doesn't really belong in c-spam.

it should be moved to fyad IMO.

or the anime subforum, because these nerds are ashamed to post there i think

• Locked thread