Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I can't believe how much I like these rando DS puzzle game characters come the ending. For a game that opens with a gunshot and involves a notorious art thief, most of the game's mysteries have a strong focus on the personal and emotional lives of its cast, and I think that goes a long way in giving Hotel Dusk its sorta Twin Peaks-y charm.

Thank you for the great LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for sharing this amazing game with us. Hotel Dusk is still a favorite, even if it's a little clunky in it's interface.

Do you think Mila staying, or going with Kyle, is the best ending out of curiosity?

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

DeathChicken posted:

...okay I had never seen that last bit. Probably because the game overs are too hilarious to want to avoid

You can just save your game before the Game Over, and then load that save file. You can still get that scene that way.

RedMagus posted:

Thank you for sharing this amazing game with us. Hotel Dusk is still a favorite, even if it's a little clunky in it's interface.

Do you think Mila staying, or going with Kyle, is the best ending out of curiosity?

Personally, I think Mila staying is the better ending. Kyle isn't really the type of person who can handle a child. Maybe for one night, sure, but full custody? Probably not. And maybe Mila and Dunning can bond over their lost loved ones, or even with Jenny after she came back. However, Kyle won't give Mila's treasure back to her if she stays in the hotel (since he won't meet her), so it's kind of a mixed bag.

I could talk about how the sequel handles this but I'll wait until that comes up in the LP.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Complete Jukebox

The jukebox as it would be when used on NG+. It has all the songs, even the ones that are unused. Fun fact: If you never got any Game Over, there's no way to hear Dream's End or Sunset Men, but they're added anyway when the jukebox is used (first opportunity is when the bar opens in Chapter 6).

Matchstick Puzzles

Compilation of the 6 matchstick puzzles we saw in the game. Congratulations to Dark Flame Master for completing the Chapter 6 triangle puzzle and the coins puzzle and to Mraagvpeine for completing the rest of the matchstick puzzles. :toot:

Art:

Pyre of Word Salsa envisions Kyle's christmas:

Pyre of Word Salsa posted:

Hey, nice to see someone finally LPing this game!

Have some Photoshop I've had lying around for a week or so.

More pictures by Pyre of Word Salsa:

Pyre of Word Salsa posted:

So I'm running Hotel Dusk with a couple of buddies myself, and I ended up making this:

And then this, which was made after everyone decided to dunk on Melissa during her confrontation scene:

Edit: This also featured after we realized Hotel Dusk takes place in 1979 and Umineko: When They Cry takes place in 1986:

Hobgoblin2099 shows how Rosa is a complex person:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Looking forward to the Last Window LP.

I don't remember it as well as this beyond really hating a certain character. I'm sure you can guess which one I mean.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
This was a good game, thank you for the LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Last Window LP here. I sent the archive request, but this LP is still not archived yet.

• Locked thread