Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

check valve’s website it might only be available there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Rex-Goliath posted:

check valve’s website it might only be available there

can't shop direct, i just get an "available from amazon.ca"

oh well

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

steam link seems good in practice but I think you need it attached to a network cable to get the best from it, mine talking to the PC upstairs via 5ghz was a bit hit-&-miss.

still, for pocket change you're not losing out by trying it.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

34" 3440x1440 man if it was flat you'd not be able to see the sides

echinopsis posted:

mate you need a keyboard

i have a keyboard

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

think buying a non smart tv is fun, shop for hardware without loving rgb lights in it sometime

It's in a box under my desk, I don't care if the sixteen million colours on my fans and ram and video card and hard drive and garish garbage i 3d printed for the special 3d printing mount are all matching, I just want to computer

I think the prices point is there to punish grognards who insist on replacing working kit every 6 months; a computer from 2013 is probably fine

my case has covers so I cant see whats inside it.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sniep posted:

34" 3440x1440 man if it was flat you'd not be able to see the sides

i have a keyboard

I loving love my 34" 3440x1440 curved, you're gonna love it too

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pro overwatch player: i love my curved monitor

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hifi posted:

pro overwatch player: i love my curved monitor

lets you see around corners

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I loving love my 34" 3440x1440 curved, you're gonna love it too

looking forward to that 120hz refresh rate. also its g-sync whatever that means something that it can drop under 120fps more gracefully? as if that will be a prob on this 1080 Ti tho...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

g-sync is v-sync at any refresh rate your monitor can do, so you don't get frame tearing; it's p. good but it's also proprietary and you're gonna pay for it

see also: freesync; DP adaptive sync

my xb271hu has it and it is very pretty

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

flakeloaf posted:

it's also proprietary and you're gonna pay for it

well i already did pay for it and i have a nvidia card (gtx 1080 ti) so it should work fine? i know AMD has a freesync version but why would i have an amd card... gross..

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

yup, plug in your dp cable and it just works

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i'm well experienced with "plugging in" my "dp" "cable"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i bought a IngenuiTEA Teapot from Adagio Teas from amazon and twenty dollars of tea

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

hifi posted:

i bought a IngenuiTEA Teapot from Adagio Teas from amazon and twenty dollars of tea

those are very nice just be sure to keep it clean and not leave the tea guts in there overnight or it can mold and become irreparably filthed where the bossest of dishwashers still wont get the funk out

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Sniep posted:

I7-8700 / GTX 1080 Ti water cooled / 32gb / shitloads of ssd + nvme boot / noctua everything / seasonic 750w psu / a dingus AW3418DW to go with it

there ya go

lol 750w does it come with its own power plant

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

hifi posted:

why did you pick that teapot

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

poty posted:

lol 750w does it come with its own power plant

i havent taken power readings with the 1080 ti yet, but with a normal 1080 it pulls ~65 watts just sitting at desktop, ~150 watts in game at x1440 and double that to ~300 watts at 4k in game

the Ti im sure will be a bit more, but, prolly not by much

especially since i wont be running at 4k any more since my new monitor is 3440x1440 instead of 4K, so 4,953,600 pixels instead of 8,294,400 pixels.

i'd be surprised if it ever touches 300w with the new monitor

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

in full flight my SLI'd 970s would put my 750w ups into panic mode, which it would announce with an unclickable, focus-stealing dialog box in the middle of the screen that hijacked mouse input. can't use power with gaming card if you can't play the game

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
Smart-UPS SMT1500 here, :whatup:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bought a new tv but it was more of a self-birthday present

also I bought some sneakers at my local small business high-end shoe vendor on saturday

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
dell barfed apparently on my expedited shipping for my screen and now its pushed out till ??? possibly next week from their estimate.

w t f

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

dude you're ge oh no hang on wait

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

steam link seems good in practice but I think you need it attached to a network cable to get the best from it, mine talking to the PC upstairs via 5ghz was a bit hit-&-miss.

oh yeah wired is a must. I tried it on wireless first and it’s passable but it’ll wear on you if you care about those sorts of things. once it’s wired it runs like butter

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

NoneMoreNegative posted:

dude you're ge oh no hang on wait

ugh... i paid for 2 day expedited shipping, it was supposed to arrive today.

talked to india tech support guy on dell.com and turns out it is shipping later this week? and arrives next week some time, earliest sunday.

i guess im stuck waiting since there's literally nobody else selling these things? is dell typically clownshoes awful at shipping poo poo?

Sniep fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 29, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

poty posted:

why did you pick that teapot

i have a few teapots but i wanted a single cup thing that you could fumble around with in the morning and get tea. i remembered the clever coffee thing and there had to be a thing like it for tea

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

trip report: it does what i want it to

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I'm tired of my aero press I bought a nice glass bodum french press one bf sale and it arrived broke, that was probably stupid but I'll just ask for a replacement

also I never use my steam link and I'd offer it for free to someone for s+h but can't beat $5 brand new. it seems good in theory but the controller aspect and way big picture takes over the screen and poo poo just feels super clunky and I didn't like using it seemingly more frustrating than anything else. also couldn't get my ds4 to pair bt with it and I don't have a dedicated one. and yeah I was using wireless which is pretty bad

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i got monitors

they're from dell

gonna be nice

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

carry on then posted:

i got monitors

they're from dell

gonna be nice

good luck ever getting them

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sniep posted:

good luck ever getting them

i got them on amazon it's k

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

angry_keebler posted:

a pair of mdr-v6 or 7567s

lol i probably should have. i got middling tier Bluetooth headphones on cyber Monday cause they were half off and I was feeling impulsive (mdr-XB650BT). surprisingly decent for the price, ~bass boost~ usually sucks but it helps for some tracks and only fucks the mix for a handful of others (can fiddle around w/ software EQ to compensate at least)

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah I’ve tried the streaming steam think just to my laptop, and even with 5 ghz sitting just across the room it tends to jitter quite a bit

it’s amazing they even got it to work on most games though

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

carry on then posted:

i got them on amazon it's k

you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012