Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
A 17lb front wheel!! With regular spokes! It looks like it might be a deep dish though, so you could be fine. I'd be putting the biggest tire I could find and keeping it 5-10psi under. I really wanna know if it's going to stay true during daily commutes, but if I were you I'd be saving up for a wheel truing stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Already got one, it's called "my forks and a bent-up coat hanger" :smug:

I'm a ways out from building this out all the way. I still have ICE engines to rebuild and repair before I start making the battery.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So, I'm having lots of fun trying to coax my order out of BMS Battery at the moment.
I've ordered 36v/350w front wheel kit with with 10Ah 36v bottle battery and after 2 weeks of 'preparing' they started of asking for an additional $95 shipping.
This was semi-expected, although not quite by that much...but anyways...it was still supposed to be sent by FedEx.
Nothing happened for a few days, so today I got message with a UPS tracking number.
Now. I *hate* UPS...especially for international deliveries. How they stay in business is simply a mystery to me, because they screw up 9 in 10 deliveries to me, be it economy residential stuff or super-urgent business-to-business packages.
So, I mail them and tell them that I don't accept UPS packages.
I get some fluff about UPS being the only ones being capable of delivering batteries for a reasonable price (which may be true), but it makes no difference. I'm paying $250+ for shipping and it's not going to UPS.
It's also now getting close to being so expensive that buying a kit locally (Canada) is almost worthwhile, if nothing else then for the additional support. It would still add a couple of hundred dollars on top, but if it's this much hassle and means dealing with UPS...

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
There's a retailer in Ontario that sells decent batteries and will save you the hassle of having to deal with cargo flights and added cost. I can probably get the name from a buddy who ran into the same issues trying to order batteries.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Slim, that's the exact kit that I have except mine is a 1000w. Warning you right now- put in a stock of staycons and block connectors because they are going to go fast. If I got another eBay kit, I'd redo all of the connectors right off the bat. It's been pretty solid through two Nor'easters, snow and rain, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I'll keep an eye on them. I have a bunch of extra connectors in my garage, so I think I'm set.

Just found out a maker shop nearby has one of those Sanko battery spot welders, that'll make the build go quicker! :woop:

• Locked thread