Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Greedy consumerism instead of spending time with the important people in your life is obscene. Enjoy your cheap plastic trinkets a child built for you. Btw your grandma died while you saved 15 cents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Also a good cordless will last a long time, even with heavy use. My old job involved drilling 3/8" holes in schedule 40 steel pipe, thousands of these holes a year. We would get maybe 2-4 years out of the Makita cordless guns we used.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Rigid warranties their drills for your lifetime. Literally until you die. JFC spend money on power quality tools people.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Greedy consumerism instead of spending time with the important people in your life is obscene. Enjoy your cheap plastic trinkets a child built for you. Btw your grandma died while you saved 15 cents!

She was in pain and didn't want us to witness it

Try again

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Azuth0667 posted:

I thought everyone just bought cheap 10$ harbor freight drills and just kept exchanging them for new ones when the old one breaks :shrug:.

This, plus same with angle grinders.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

This, plus same with angle grinders.

Where the hell do you get a cheap angle grinder?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The only stuff I bought on Black Friday itself was a couple of Target's good rear end bath towels for half-price. Didn't step anywhere near a retail store, thank god.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

EX250 Type R posted:

Rigid warranties their drills for your lifetime. Literally until you die. JFC spend money on power quality tools people.

All that tells me is that the drills contain high explosives rigged to detonate after a year of use

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Black friday was great, looks like the retail apocalypse is delayed another year

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Consume more poo poo you loving pigeons pecking at instant gratification.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Frosted Flake posted:

Interesting.

Related: How does Costco’s business model work?

They make most of their money through the membership dues iirc.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

LinYutang posted:

Black friday was great, looks like the retail apocalypse is delayed another year

We should just go the full the mile and start crucifying people as sacrifices to appease the various retail gods. Like just have a person nailed to the happy face at walmart above the front doors, so as people enter they are given a tiny sprinkle of blood.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Madcosby posted:

Cordless drills are one of the crappiest products in existence. Theyre weak as balls. Anyone who purchases one will tell you the same thing in a week

Just buy a corded drill:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

We should just go the full the mile and start crucifying people as sacrifices to appease the various retail gods. Like just have a person nailed to the happy face at walmart above the front doors, so as people enter they are given a tiny sprinkle of blood.

That's good, but I'm gonna need a package drenched in blood or sealed with flesh from Amazon. I don't go to them there brick n mortars on the hallowed day

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a huge package of prismacolor pencils for under $50. Thanks Amazon!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Where the hell do you get a cheap angle grinder?

These bastards and the disks are dirt heap at Harbor Freight

https://m.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-69645.html

E. Dirt heap or cheap both work :)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

:thunk:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

King of Bees posted:

Buying one of those was the best $10 I ever spent, can't believe I spent so many years using a hacksaw to cut metal.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
As much as you should always wear safety goggles when using a grinder, you should really always wear safety goggles when using harbor freight discs, they seem to really like to explode.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
no one keeps extra product anymore so there's nothing to have clearance sales for

just shop online

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
On Black Friday, Target had a bunch of smart blu-ray players for $50. I didn't know what a typical smart blu-ray player costs, so I looked it up. Turns out a decent model is only $60-70, and the ones they had on sale were old models with bad ratings. And that is basically 75% of Black Friday "sales."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I prefer open box or display sales in the fall, you still get the warranty and poo poo.

Of course, since money rules my every action, I'm still a capitalist of pig-dog for it.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

That TV is too big.

As is my spoon, lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I have a Sony projector and a screen painted wall that's no joke like 12 feet diagonal with like a 22 foot throw distance.

Suck it plebes.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

On Black Friday, Target had a bunch of smart blu-ray players for $50. I didn't know what a typical smart blu-ray player costs, so I looked it up. Turns out a decent model is only $60-70, and the ones they had on sale were old models with bad ratings. And that is basically 75% of Black Friday "sales."

whenever i see something when I'm window shopping or just otherwise at a store that I'm tempted to get because it's on "sale" I just google it's price on amazon. Probably at least 75% of the time it's cheaper online without a sale, and 95% of the time I don't end up getting it once I've had more time to think about it than "well I could buy it now".

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cannot pake posted:

As is my spoon, lol

My anus is bleeding

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Stalizard posted:

I bought two rifles, and some of the good Sudafed from behind the pharmacy counter. It was legitimately easier for me to buy rifles today than it was to buy nasal decongestant, way to go America

I love America so much.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Just buy a corded drill:

this is a very good drill

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Is the joke that that's the drill jeffrey dahmer used on those boys

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i thought the joke was that its an angle grinder and not a drill at all

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Black friday: Blacker than ever?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bitch that's a bone saw

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i didn't really see anyt good deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. still bought some things. nothing crazy, though. bye

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I once went to a target black friday to get a TV that was a then-good deal in like 2010. I had one goal in mind: buying the TV, and was like 5th in line. I was in and out while the rest were filing in, and when they saw me emerge with the TV, the teeming herd filtering in CHEERED. I was kind of stunned, if I have a few more moments to register what was happening I would have held it over my head like a slain foe or something.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I did it once, also for a tv, it was a good enough deal that it made my dorm room the movie watching room at school. I was back home for the week and waited in line and it turns out my friend from high school was working there, and proceeded to spend 25+ minutes of his busy-as-hell black friday shift bullshitting with me in line to pay.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

EX250 Type R posted:

lifetime warranties cover the lifetime of the product not the user lol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

i thought the joke was that its an angle grinder and not a drill at all

It's a Hole Hawg

Why would an angle grinder have a chuck

• Locked thread