Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cuz if you aren't, you need a new job. :smug:

And if you aren't and you are anti-union then you are a moron.

Well, you are a moron if you are anti-union anyway.

Sitting on my rear end getting paid. Well, kinda do that when I am at the office already. But this is in front of my TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
No War but Class War.

Enjoy your days off everyone!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

you are a moron if you are anti-union anyway

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I got paid to not work all this week. It's nice.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I got paid to not work all this week. It's nice.

That's even better. :hfive:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm being paid for today, not for tomorrow. Oh well!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm a NEET, OP.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Technically yes.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm off for the next 4 days with pay. Go go Union Powah!

If I did work I'd get overtime & an extra 8hrs vacation time on top of the 12 hrs accured I normally get every month. Suck my cock you free market tools.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
As a business owner, I'm always getting paid regardless of the day due to the suffering and labor of my employees. So yes.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yep, and gonna go in tomorrow night for extra dosh as on-call emergency response.

Hello paid2poop2shitpost

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I'm off for the next 4 days with pay. Go go Union Powah!

If I did work I'd get overtime & an extra 8hrs vacation time on top of the 12 hrs accured I normally get every month. Suck my cock you free market tools.

144 hours vacation is pretty nice. I only get 120 a year. But I get 13 sick days, 11 holidays and 5 float holidays. Not complaining.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Waltzing Along posted:

Cuz if you aren't, you need a new job. :smug:

And if you aren't and you are anti-union then you are a moron.

Well, you are a moron if you are anti-union anyway.

Sitting on my rear end getting paid. Well, kinda do that when I am at the office already. But this is in front of my TV.

I have an union, but I still have to work tomorrow.

WickedSKS
Dec 8, 2007
I do need a new job

my union's only medium good, i'm only getting paid for not working today

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Waltzing Along posted:

144 hours vacation is pretty nice. I only get 120 a year. But I get 13 sick days, 11 holidays and 5 float holidays. Not complaining.

Sweat deal on those holidays.

After my 7th year with the state I went from 8 hrs a month vacation to 12 hrs. State workers also accrue 8 hrs a month of sick time. On my anniversary every year we get 40 hrs of personal leave. Any holidays worked is time & a half. Veterans get money & time if work Veterans/Memorial day. I can also tack on my military time to my pension to retire at a better percentage.

I laugh at mouth-breathers that whine about govt. workers & our union guaranteed pensions. Y'all can go my civil service cock.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm working tonight and tomorrow. But, I got to take Wednesday night off paid cuz night shift "celebrates" holidays the night before.

When I worked construction, though, we got Thanksgiving and the day after off but we didn't get paid. This is all union work btw

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

No cops, doctors, or plumbers are working today or tomorrow. So if you get shot, hit by a car, or take a poo poo so big it destroys all of the pipes in your house, well buddy you're just out of luck

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Man this is bleak, the labor aristocracy has failed the modern union man

I get off tomorrow, plus like 11 holidays and 14 days PTO, plus a vague undefined number of sick days. And I'm not union. I assumed I had it pretty lovely compared to you guys.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

walgreenslatino posted:

Man this is bleak, the labor aristocracy has failed the modern union man

I get off tomorrow, plus like 11 holidays and 14 days PTO, plus a vague undefined number of sick days. And I'm not union. I assumed I had it pretty lovely compared to you guys.

When I worked construction, we got 0 vacation days because the argument was that our employment with a contractor could be really short and it would be difficult to track vacation time across multiple contractors.

In my current job, I get 80 hours vacation pay (10 days/2 weeks basically) plus 7 personal days. If a holiday falls on my scheduled night off, I get a floating personal day for that. If I work a holiday, I get 8 hours straight pay plus time and half for working the shift.

The trade off is I don't pay into my annuity here, and insurance is painfully expensive

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Salaried :cool:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

My condolences

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m an independent contractor so it doesn’t really work that way op, but I do get to not work whenever I want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I get 120 vacation hours, all the fed holidays, 2 personal days, and a shitload of sicktime that i always sell off

I work at a bank

• Locked thread