Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

You also have to farm enough to afford the resources for guest houses. They’re cheap iirc, but still a requisite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My autism will likely prevent me from making a mp farm but I'd jump into someone else's if they set one up just to see what it's like

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

tao of lmao posted:

You also have to farm enough to afford the resources for guest houses. They’re cheap iirc, but still a requisite.

I thought you could specify how many you want to start with when you started the game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

I thought you could specify how many you want to start with when you started the game

unless it changed, this is true. when I started up a multi farm in the beta I just told the game I wanted four houses. you could sleep in any of the beds too lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Oh i guess it’s changed since I last checked. My bad.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Oh i guess it’s changed since I last checked. My bad.

if you have a current saved game that you want to turn into multiplayer, that's when you need to have the resources to build. I think it's really really cheap though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I farted around for a few minutes on my old farm, not a clue what I was doing/planning for, but man what a cool farm. Is there any way I can make my old farm multiplayer or is it new farms only? Farm

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I farted around for a few minutes on my old farm, not a clue what I was doing/planning for, but man what a cool farm. Is there any way I can make my old farm multiplayer or is it new farms only? Farm

I think as long as you have the multiplayer patch you can go up to Robin's house and buy the houses that allow multiplayer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not sure how fun a year 3+ completed farm would be to play on but I'd like to set that up. I only ask that ppl not instantly destroy everything. I have a shitload of building materials tho so feel free to minecraft that bitch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I kinda wanted to start a new farm just to experience all the little story stuff they added naturally, but I logged into my old farm for a bit and it's basically perfect aesthetic/design wise that I don't even know what I would do with a new one.

Also I poked around a few of my chests trying to figure out what I was working on and apparently my goal to "complete" the game was to collect 100 of every single item in the highest quality possible. I've got like 86 iridium quality dandelions just sitting there in a chest for some reason.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lol yeah I know that feeling. I have a bald spot in my layout I'm sure was intentional at some point, and a massive eggplant section for some reason, and a chest full of tappers. I DO remember the 2000 pale ales tho

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Found some old screenshots:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Nice

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

(pulling little red wagon into town)

"Watcha got there?"

"Ah this? Its just two thousand beers and five hundred cheese wedges. I'm gonna buy a pig"

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I looked at the pictures before I read the previous post and thought they were telling a story.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol nice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cleaning up my farm for the imp zone summer camp. Post your steam names here and I'll friend you so we can kill some of these 2000 beers :cheers:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://steamcommunity.com/id/zachhammer/

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Added, send me a msg whenever you wanna pop in, it's rainy and hot as balls so I'll be around most of the day :hehe:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh also there's a present on the floor of the cabins from the game but I made a special bonus cooler with pizza, a 6 pack of iridium pale ales, and 10 coffees for each cabin.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh also there's a present on the floor of the cabins from the game but I made a special bonus cooler with pizza, a 6 pack of iridium pale ales, and 10 coffees for each cabin.

This is awesome.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How easy is it to start a new farm then get to coop ready

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

the co-op buildings are pretty cheap, i think.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The cheapest houses only need like 10 wood each, not sure the gold cost but it can't be that much

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I was out of town yesterday but I'm home now and ready to game if Synthy and others(?) wanna log onto the online.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll be able to game later tonight

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im pretty sure you can just start a new farm Co op with however many houses you want up to 4

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

theres also this to have more players if you want, but I think youll need to build the extra huts

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2213/

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Steamcommunity.com/id/donotbullyme

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

im pretty sure you can just start a new farm Co op with however many houses you want up to 4

Nice

Can I make a farm with 4 houses and have people jump in and out? This sounds like it'll get me to play more Stardew Valley

My wife liked the game but she thought it was too lonely to be a SP game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Nice

Can I make a farm with 4 houses and have people jump in and out? This sounds like it'll get me to play more Stardew Valley

im not positive on that. the host of the farm has to be online but I'm not sure if whoever joins first is 'set' in that farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nice

I think the same 4 people can jump in and out every time but they're set residents. There's no "just visiting" like Animal Crossing

• Locked thread