Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Pep Guardiola killed football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
A Mooy equaliser here would be pretty funny

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tsaedje posted:

A Mooy equaliser here would be pretty funny

That was close :stare:

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I want an equaliser so bad

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I wouldn't begrudge it if it came. Huddersfield have played out of their skins

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What did van La Parra do to get sent off after the whistle?

Edit: Oh he grabbed Sane's face and shoved him, great job

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Man City just keep rolling on. Pretty depressing for any other fan, but they are just too good. Guardiola-ball is working.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Brony Car posted:

Man City just keep rolling on. Pretty depressing for any other fan, but they are just too good. Guardiola-ball is working.

Even though they had a lot of possession the win was pretty jammy OP.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brony Car posted:

Ehh we got lucky today. Pepball is still weak to bus parking, and it's only a matter of time before a 'shock' result.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

West007 posted:

Even though they had a lot of possession the win was pretty jammy OP.

Jammy or not they just keep winning when others have their slip ups. Theirs might still be coming but right now it's looking a bit ominous.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
pepball RULES

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Tsaedje posted:

Ehh we got lucky today. Pepball is still weak to bus parking, and it's only a matter of time before a 'shock' result.

I don't know. If there had been an actual loss and more than one draw before this, I would be more inclined to believe you, but I think Guardiola and Begiristain have built a pretty good side that has really adopted to whatever extra quirks the English game has to offer for now.

A jammy win is still a win and given how City play, you cannot take the ball of them long enough to keep a steady lead. They have a wide array of skilled players who are better than most at unlocking a parked bus too, so I don't agree with you on the bus parking point. They're much better against it than the other top 6 sides have been. The movement before than second goal against Huddersfield, for example, is the kind of skill that I don't think the other contenders have this season.

Even if City wobbles a bit due to rotation, this is a pretty comfortable points cushion. I'd be very surprised to see the kind of sustained collapse it would take to make the title race an actual race.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brony Car posted:

Even if City wobbles a bit due to rotation, this is a pretty comfortable points cushion. I'd be very surprised to see the kind of sustained collapse it would take to make the title race an actual race.

Are you familiar with Manchester City Football Club?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Tsaedje posted:

Are you familiar with Manchester City Football Club?

At this point, I think those days are pretty ancient history unless fans and people at the club subconsciously want them to reoccur. City fans need to let go of the fiction that they're still a perpetual fiasco.

I don't like City's owners, but they're doing everything right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The big derby tonight Seagulls versus Eagles.

• Locked thread