Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Milk Malk posted:

by the transitive law this puts the ravens over the steelers 23-3

math checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LOL at the side of the SNF bus with fully clothes football players and Carrie Underwood's legs

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SKULL.GIF posted:

We had multiple players on defense tonight make great plays, and Martinez had an amazing night.

Inexplicably bad pass coverage gaps -- which are Dom Capers's responsibility no matter how often he foists it off on our secondary stuffed full of first-and-second-round picks -- tore the Packers apart. AB is really incredibly good but he barely had to work to get into these large loving gaps.

thats what im saying. the packers pass d has always been the issue and has not improved. so i dont see how that would help capers. it is nice to see the good players that we knew were good continue to play well.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

But you can't spear your head into another guy's head at any time.

Launching doesn't apply against runners. There's a general helmet-spearing rule, but that is very rarely called, and it really wasn't what happened here.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CharlestheHammer posted:

My point is this is a bad time to bring this up.

The steelers are what we call inconsistent.

Every team is inconsistent. Theres never been a consistent team in the history of the NFL. Speaking of the history of the NFL, Brown will go down as one of the best ever. Without a player like that you get upset on a night like tonight. I didnt believe in the steelers until this game. They are a truly good team thanks to their hall of fame coach and receiver. And they will win the AFC.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If AB plays defense against the patriots they got a chance

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
McCarthy won't fire anyone, not even a garbage fire special teams coach, until it literally costs us a trip to the Superbowl. He won't fire Capers, ever, and that is reason #2 that McCarthy himself needs to be fired. Reason #1 is that he is loving awful at coaching.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
STOP STARING AT ME TONY DUNGY.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
McCarthy needs to go but I have no loving clue who to replace him with.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I missed curb for that?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looking forward to 3 NFCS teams in the playoffs :getin:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Pops Mgee posted:

Anyone at all not named John Fox.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Anyone at all not named John Fox.

That would imply that McDaniels is an option and Fuuuuuuck that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

McCarthy won't fire anyone, not even a garbage fire special teams coach, until it literally costs us a trip to the Superbowl.

Nothing changed after 2014.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pops Mgee posted:

Interview for it. Look at the Rams; it's better to go with fresh blood than a known lovely coach, yet so many teams keep hiring lovely coaches over and over.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

That would imply that McDaniels is an option and Fuuuuuuck that.

McDaniels isn't a bad coach, just keep him far away from GM powers.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not a Packers fan I just hate the Steelers and the ineptitude of Dom Capers is just generally offensive my sensibilities.

Why do you hate the Steelers? Besides Ben, everyone hates him. They're pretty drat likable.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
why dont you like my team!!!!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
too much sweater for me

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

nerve posted:

why dont you like my team!!!!

I'm not tearing up over it, just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kawalimus posted:

Every team is inconsistent. Theres never been a consistent team in the history of the NFL. Speaking of the history of the NFL, Brown will go down as one of the best ever. Without a player like that you get upset on a night like tonight. I didnt believe in the steelers until this game. They are a truly good team thanks to their hall of fame coach and receiver. And they will win the AFC.

There are a lot of consistent teams, well run teams are consistent.

• Locked thread