Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

In a way I'm sad to see the LP for this end. It was a ton of fun even if I was dragging my feet at the end, which I've ended up doing for my last few LPs anyway, but this one was pretty bad. Like I said, I have played waaaaaay more of this game than I think most people will, so the burnout was real. I doubt the same issue will happen with a blind playthrough of the DLC.

This level is really what they should have done with the other side missions. More unique environments, more different scenarios (stalking through the darkened hallways of some Nazi megabase under Manhattan is not something you do a lot of), more unique uses of enemies and opportunities to use the contraptions. The effort the developers put in here should have been replicated through the rest of the side missions, but instead we are usually just wandering through levels we've seen before at a different time of day from a different point of entry. I'm not saying they can't be considered fun or anything, but they seem kind of lazy compared to what we get here. I love that by using the robots they take away your ability to one shot headshot the majority of enemies and make you have to use your melee for most of this. Even if you are doing more Tech Support Gore kills it still feels more visceral than just firing off a round at someone's head, but this is steering us back to the silenced weapon debate now. The only real disappointment here is the very end sequence where with just a bit of timing and luck you can ace the target and the miniboss before they can even fire on you, but if you look at the space I had to work with it wasn't exactly set up for a boss showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That really was a spoopy level, when that first robo-dog showed up I jumped in my chair :ohdear:

Anyway, thanks for another great LP Lazyfire, it's been fun to watch!

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Come to think of it, CoD4 had an arcade mode you unlocked after beating the game and I've never touched it. And I somehow get the feeling I'm not the only one.

Also, was that random freezing during the combat simulation a problem with the video itself or is Youtube just giving me the finger again? I had weird issues a week or so back when watching videos that only went up to 480p where they'd randomly switch between playing normally and playing at half the framerate they were supposed to for no apparent reason when I watched them at that quality.

Anyway, thanks for the LP, can hardly wait to see what the DLC has in store.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I hope you guys like fake Nazi pop music, because that's what this video is:

And here's the last of the readables in the game that I've found. These cover New Orleans, Venus, the Ausmerzer and New York as some of the things you can find were sort of spoilers, hence doing most of the readables at the end of the LP instead of during the corresponding levels:

Not to get back into excuses for why things are constantly taking so long to finish up on this LP (well, not anymore, I guess), we should see something for the DLC started in the next couple weeks. I want to get a few episodes recorded before posting anything and my schedule finally starts to free up for recording/editing in the next week or so. I kind of hate myself for taking this long to do stuff that is so simple, but I put a heavier priority on other things, AKA dicking around in open world games instead of recording and posting stuff, than this LP for the last few weeks even as I drove to complete it.

I've also been watching a lot of other people's content. If you haven't noticed in the last few videos I started doing more editing/transition work and my commentary style shifted to be a bit more...loose? I feel like I've been doing LPs the same way for a long while and wanted to make an effort to not align with what others do so much as see where others are excelling and trying to incorporate some lessons in my own videos. I think the DLC and some of the other stuff I want to try to do soon will reflect that a bit more. Anyway, what I recommend/have been watching:

Alexeythegreat's LP of Quake 4 which reminded me of how much I want to play the game myself but also don't because game design is better now.

Subponticate Poster finishes the Mass Effect Series as Andromeda didn't happen at all. SP is consistently entertaining and makes good content if you aren't watching already.

Crow, Sally and friends Shake Spears at Killzone games (Shadows Fall may have a better shotgun than TNC, holy poo poo)

Jade Star's Battle Brother's LP because I'm terrible at strategy games and having someone explain it to me is helpful.

CJacob's The Surge LP. It's a game I want to play but had no idea if I would like it. He makes it seem like a fun, more strategic yet less complex Dark Souls.

The Time Warriors and Friends do Dishonored 2 four different ways. I seriously can't believe I've watched the same areas of a game get played multiple times just because each person involved does things so differently that it is worth the time.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lazyfire posted:

The Time Warriors and Friends do Dishonored 2 four different ways. I seriously can't believe I've watched the same areas of a game get played multiple times just because each person involved does things so differently that it is worth the time.

Neither could they. It was really endearing when they were surprised how many people were watching all of the videos.

• Locked thread