Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

That owns and is way cooler than Samurai Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
PPG was pretty hardcore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O_ZSDaX14&t=71s

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm always fascinated by where the line is drawn depending on the art style and the context for kids shows. I think the oldest one to make me take a step back was Inhumanoids which is was completely insane for attemping to fit a bunch of zombie doomsday prophecy baby's first Cthulhu mythos stuff into the framework of a goofy show about three people in brightly colored outfits that solve a problem every episode mean to sell toys. Like there's one creature whose entire thing is that its stomach is transparent so you can see people it eats dissolve and die in real time. There's one whose thing is that if he touches you to transform into a ten foot tall demon version of yourself that become the guy's eternal servant if he manages to keep you out of sunlight for a certain amount of time. It was just really out there.

The toys owned though because the monsters were all to scale with the human characters, so they were huge for regular action figures of the time.

In the first episode of Batman: The Animated Series, there's a brief moment where after a difficult fight Batman has a tiny bit of blood on the side of his mouth and that's the only instance of blood across those first three seasons (I never got around to seeing Batman and Robin/Justice League/etc.) and they had to fight super super hard to make it happen. And it was interesting how they had content that, technically, waaaaay creepier and more hosed up across course of the series, but it was fine as long as there was no blood.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Inhumanoids

oh my god this intro is terrible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2lvNYrZVI

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Looks like the Movie got pushed back until Dec 21st.

https://www.inverse.com/article/41242-alita-battle-angel-delayed-james-cameron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

If it means cleaning up some of the CGI I saw in the trailer then I'm all for it. I've been waiting for this movie for well over 15 years. I can wait a few months more.

• Locked thread